Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If you're wrongly convicted of a crime, then commit murder in prison, and are exonerated for the original crime, they should have to let you go because you never would have murdered anybody in the first place if they hadn't locked you up.

That would require us as a society to admit that prison turns people into violent criminals and maybe doesn't work so well, and I can already hear a collective gasp from white suburbia on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The best James Bond movie is actually Agent Cody Banks

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just dont get caught then its free.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

This is an impossible task in the society we have and would require extensive homeschooling, likely producing a sheltered and undeveloped human being. which is abusive.

"In the society we have" is pretty much code for "I like things just the way they are, thanks." Appeal to status quo is dumb. This has also been used to argue against things like gay marriage, interracial marriage, etc. "People won't accept it, so you shouldn't do it." Other people's silly biases shouldn't be an argument against anything.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
Bubba Sparxxx is a legit top 5 MC.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

runupon cracker posted:

"In the society we have" is pretty much code for "I like things just the way they are, thanks." Appeal to status quo is dumb. This has also been used to argue against things like gay marriage, interracial marriage, etc. "People won't accept it, so you shouldn't do it." Other people's silly biases shouldn't be an argument against anything.

im saying the second your child is out of your sight they'll be exposed to the idea of gender. it's extremely pervasive. how do you plan on changing all of society before your child's next birthday?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Roger_Mudd posted:

booty, booty, booty, booty, rockin' everywhere
rockin' everywhere
rockin' everywhere

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

im saying the second your child is out of your sight they'll be exposed to the idea of gender. it's extremely pervasive. how do you plan on changing all of society before your child's next birthday?

That's completely unnecessary. My kids were exposed to religion but grew up religionless. My kids were exposed to gender but rejected gender roles. My kids were exposed to swearing, drugs, bullying, and all kinds of other bad things they didn't pick up because we were there to explain and support.

Good parents let their kids be exposed to the world in appropriate doses, then give them good information and consistent guidance.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I think if you created a society that didn't push any gender norms, and didn't even has any subtle gender expectations, then 95% of people would still act the same way they act now generwise.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Dennis System posted:

I think if you created a society that didn't push any gender norms, and didn't even has any subtle gender expectations, then 95% of people would still act the same way they act now generwise.

I think there will be an explosion in the drag queen population.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Not to be a dick or whatever but where do you think gender norms come from

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Roger_Mudd posted:

Lmbo

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

The Dennis System posted:

I wonder what would happen if lesser animals could sense just how hosed up we are as a race. I suspect they would wipe us out. Or die laughing.

We are slightly higher evolved than monkeys. No wonder they rip our limbs/faces off.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Fog Tripper posted:

I wonder what would happen if lesser animals could sense just how hosed up we are as a race. I suspect they would wipe us out. Or die laughing.

We are slightly higher evolved than monkeys. No wonder they rip our limbs/faces off.

As hosed up and stupid as we are, we are quite literally the best this planet has to offer.

Suck on that, Bonzo CAN YOU MAKE FIRE? BECAUSE I CAN

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

As hosed up and stupid as we are, we are quite literally the best this planet has to offer.

nah. it's dogs

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Psycho Society posted:

nah. it's dogs

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Psycho Society posted:

I assume there's a department of oppression somewhere and a guy named Norm gets to decide who is a boy and who is a girl.

e: if not, then that's a p big oversight.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ork of Fiction posted:

I assume there's a department of oppression somewhere and a guy named Norm gets to decide who is a boy and who is a girl.

e: if not, then that's a p big oversight.

whoa why does norm have to be a guy?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

500 good dogs posted:

Because he has a big penis.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Manic X posted:

Identity politics is what happens when people have run out of things to complain about.

From Page 8, but I concur.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Psycho Society posted:

nah. it's dogs

Yeah, but we built them. So if you think about it…

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

phasmid posted:

Because he has a big penis.

Still not seeing why Norm has to be a guy tbh

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Psycho Society posted:

A lot of them come from culture. But biology plays a big part in average behavioral differences between men and women. Of course, it's incredibly hard to tell how much is cultural and how much biological.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

Ur gonna have to take that one up with Norm. :shrug:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think it is okay and nothing to be ashamed of if you align and/or identify with the normal cultural expectations of your gender or sex, and also okay if you don't.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
Gender norms come from men being objectively better at killing with sticks and rocks than women.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

fruit on the bottom posted:

They are not weak creatures who NEED fire. Try living like a primate. I challenge you.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

Smythe posted:

Mickeys is better than OE

I'd have to say Mickey's is better because the shape and texture of the barrel shaped bottle is more pleasing and ergonomically friendly to consuming mass quantities due to the wide mouth opening. The OE is par for the course at best swill that you choke on when guzzling.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Metroid other M was okay and I had fun playing it. If you cared about the story in any way you are loving retarded to begin with.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Spam is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
I support feral and 'outside' cat genocide.

• Locked thread