Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
dude Sweden is neutral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
like since when did trans people existing make it ok for everyone to internalize and essentialize gender roles and act like performing activities and consuming products that are stereotyped as being "for" a certain gender literally makes you that gender

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Under the vegetable posted:

if you have a daughter and she turns out to really like, i dont know, fuckin, trucks and toy guns and wearing pants, and you decide, at age 5 or whatever, oh, i'll raise my child as a boy. obviously she's a boy. and put it into her head that because she enjoys what you determine are gendered activities that she is that gender, you're a loving weirdo who shouldn't be allowed near children, much less allowed to have them for yourself

Uhhhhhhh my dude I think you really misunderstood, I wasn't suggesting at all that a child's gender be determined that way, rather that they be allowed to grow up without being gendered before they articulate their gender themselves.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

if you have a daughter and she turns out to really like, i dont know, fuckin, trucks and toy guns and wearing pants, and you decide, at age 5 or whatever, oh, i'll raise my child as a boy. obviously she's a boy. and put it into her head that because she enjoys what you determine are gendered activities that she is that gender, you're a loving weirdo who shouldn't be allowed near children, much less allowed to have them for yourself

i agree, people who only exist in your head should not be allowed to have children.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Maya Fey posted:

i agree, people who only exist in your head should not be allowed to have children.

usually people who only exist in my head don't have articles written about them like this

which consists of hysterical unfocused ranting and doesnt have sourced information. to me, child protective services saw an abused child and took protective custody, but, you know, how dare you. no one should be able to tell this five year old what to identify as but their parents.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

whomupclicklike posted:

Uhhhhhhh my dude I think you really misunderstood, I wasn't suggesting at all that a child's gender be determined that way, rather that they be allowed to grow up without being gendered before they articulate their gender themselves.

This is an impossible task in the society we have and would require extensive homeschooling, likely producing a sheltered and undeveloped human being. which is abusive.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I say we assign genders by placing the options on a wheel and spinning it, wheel of fortune style

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
now that's controversial

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

usually people who only exist in my head don't have articles written about them like this

which consists of hysterical unfocused ranting and doesnt have sourced information. to me, child protective services saw an abused child and took protective custody, but, you know, how dare you. no one should be able to tell this five year old what to identify as but their parents.

there is nothing in this article that describes what you're saying it does, which is probably why you took a screenshot and didn't link it. CPS took custody because that's a necessary step to get the child out of the hospital to be returned to the parents. there is nothing to indicate the parents are forcing anything on the child, only that the hospital (Christian-run) was. The only other reference to those people i can see is from 7 years later, when the child still identifies as a girl and the parents still have custody.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

This is an impossible task in the society we have and would require extensive homeschooling, likely producing a sheltered and undeveloped human being. which is abusive.

I don't think it would be necessary to do homeschooling; I certainly never would homeschool a child. I think it would be difficult but not impossible. Certainly would be a lot of effort explaining this to instructors, other parents, &c, but not impossible.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
That whole "prima nocta" thing from Braveheart was hosed up as hell. Could you imagine being God's chosen king and having to have sex with all those filthy Scottish hags? Gag me with a spoon!!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

american football loving sucks

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Lunixnerd posted:

I'm back from eating a 6hour probation for saying this:

I stand by what I said, its almost like that probation did nothing to change my mind, like as if the lovely mod that probated me for the horrible crime of wrongthink has no actual power at all :smug:

I agree with you tbh

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ork of Fiction posted:

That whole "prima nocta" thing from Braveheart was hosed up as hell. Could you imagine being God's chosen king and having to have sex with all those filthy Scottish hags? Gag me with a spoon!!
Well, you could delegate it to someone else I think.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ork of Fiction posted:

I don't know how common it was actually practiced, but I feel terrible for the couples this happened to.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It was never a thing. It's fiction, my dude

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone profess their undying hatred for trannies yet? Sorry I sort of skipped the entire thread to ask this very important question.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

I don't know how common it was actually practiced, but I feel terrible for the couples this happened to.

Why would a noble (who is beforehand theoretically okay with rape) wanna gently caress filthy peasants and simultaneously royally piss off all his subjects? Just get a hooker. The entire concept is flawed.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The prima noctis thing was a myth made by another country to slander the royalty if I recall correctly

Psycho Society fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 8, 2017

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Did anyone profess their undying hatred for trannies yet? Sorry I sort of skipped the entire thread to ask this very important question.

did you also skip the entire forum

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Maya Fey posted:

I have a sister in law who fits that description pretty well. She flipped her poo poo when her 3 year old daughter said she wanted to be a princess when she grows up and is considering moving into the woods and homeschooling her so other parents' gender stereotypes will stop infecting her daughter's mind. It's rare for someone to be this insane but there's at least one case of it.

I think it's fine to not push stereotypes on your kids and let them decide what they like, but it's absurd to get angry when they decide on their own they like some of the more stereotypical/traditional stuff associated with their biological sex. It's like they can't/won't accept a normal kid since that's not "cool" anymore and want their own special snowflake they can post memes about on tumblr.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Jesus christ. What a nut

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it's fine to not push stereotypes on your kids and let them decide what they like, but it's absurd to get angry when they decide on their own they like some of the more stereotypical/traditional stuff associated with their biological sex. It's like they can't/won't accept a normal kid since that's not "cool" anymore and want their own special snowflake they can post memes about on tumblr.

It's the kind of poo poo that keeps the stdh.txt thread alive so I'm all for it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

Maybe in your nobility kingdom it was. :getin:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Maya Fey posted:

did you also skip the entire forum

T-that doesn't really answer my question.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Trans people are pretty cool. There's a thing in leftist discourse right now where it seems like it's totally OK to be a rapist or an abuser if you fit certain demographics. That's not pretty cool.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

I'm bi but i think dicks are better because you can do more with it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kullik posted:

I'm bi but i think dicks are better because you can do more with it.

What can dicks do that pussy can't? I'm asking for a friend

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

vyst posted:

it can go in ur butt

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

they're easier to access / handle

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Psycho Society posted:

The prima noctis thing was a myth made by another country to slander the royalty if I recall correctly

Basically. The only sources of prima nocta are either written well after the fact or by hostile kingdoms/duchies/countries etc.
We have direct contemporary evidence of a bunch of medieval laws but curiously the concept of prima nocta is mentioned nowhere.
Except for people accusing those assholes in the next kingdom of doing it, can you believe those savages!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Psycho Society posted:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Why would a noble (who is beforehand theoretically okay with rape) wanna gently caress filthy peasants and simultaneously royally piss off all his subjects? Just get a hooker. The entire concept is flawed.

Yeah I had never really looked into it, but I always thought it was a dumb way to risk a peasant's revolt, I'm glad to hear it's Medieval STDH

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Here's my controversial opinion: the mods are still good even if they probe dgsw for his posts

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Rebecca Black has talent.

fun fun fun fun

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

Here's my controversial opinion: the mods are still good even if they probe dgsw for his posts

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

500 good dogs posted:

Here's my controversial opinion: the mods are still good because they probe dgsw for his posts

Ftfy

Haha just kidding goons but seriously that man needs therapy

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Psycho Society posted:

Ftfy

Haha just kidding goons but seriously that man needs therapy

As does his edgy following

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If you're wrongly convicted of a crime, then commit murder in prison, and are exonerated for the original crime, they should have to let you go because you never would have murdered anybody in the first place if they hadn't locked you up.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If you're wrongly convicted of a crime, then commit murder in prison, and are exonerated for the original crime, they should have to let you go because you never would have murdered anybody in the first place if they hadn't locked you up.

I feel like you should get a freebie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Psycho Society posted:

I feel like you should get a freebie

I also feel like I should get a freebie.

• Locked thread