Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Cheap vodka fucks my stomach up the next day and it's the only cheap liquor that does it. Need to get some charcoal filters and see if I can fix it

protip: charcoal can be obtained more cheaply through various barbecue supply outlets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm trying not to day drink/smoke, I even woke up in time to remote into my work computer but now the power is out sooooo

i just did a google hangout meeting and accidentally took a sip of beer on camera

oh well

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Noobicide posted:

sounds like you'll be dealing with only an inch or two sooner than tonight

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Mozi posted:

protip: charcoal can be obtained more cheaply through various barbecue supply outlets

Uh you can just dig it up out of the ground dude

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

Uh you can just dig it up out of the ground dude

Holy poo poo I'm about to be rich

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

A foot of snow is generally undesirable in your driveway for any duration, what if your wife goes into labor?

Send her into the snow. She will return with a child worthy of your name or not at all.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

The Skeleton King posted:

Send her into the snow. She will return with a child worthy of your name or not at all.

so sayeth the skeleton king

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/nyregion/new-york-blizzard.html

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I have nine inches of snow here in northern new london county. It took me a while to phrase that in a non sexual manner.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

EX250 Type R posted:

I have nine inches of snow here in northern new london county. It took me a while to phrase that in a non sexual manner.
We had 4 inches but it's all rain in south eastern MA. Streets flooding a bit and there will probably be nasty slush 2-3 inches high as well as ice if it freezes over tonight.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
My shoes have not even gotten to any manner of sorting facility in 24 hours. This is very unsettling.

Don't you autists love to jerk off over how your cities never stop whenever Atlanta gets snow and poo poo gets crazy?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I went out to clear the driveway and it was already turning into semi-frozen rain, I mean there's probably a good foot or so on the ground but nowhere near the 22"+ we were supposed to get

It's funny because a lot of the news stories were like "yeah we know the last few big predictions turned out to be duds BUT THIS ONE IS REALLY BAD WE SWEAR," even the NOAA website was still predicting 18+ when I woke up this morning.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There isn't actually all that much snow here yet but it keeps blowing around so shovelling is basically useless

Help

Send liquor

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

First round of snow-blowing at noon or so was light and powdery, with high winds and gnarly drifting.

The second round at 2pm was all wet, compressed, melting snow. All of this poo poo is going to ice up, overnight, and stay ice for the next couple of days. Commute on that poo poo? No thanks. I'll take another work at home day, tomorrow CHA CHING!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I don't know if I will be able to make it through the day.
https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Park+City%2C+UT

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007

jokes on you having to live in Utah

I've never been to Utah I'm just basing that on references by people who have probably also never been to utah

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Noobicide posted:

jokes on you having to live in Utah

I've never been to Utah I'm just basing that on references by people who have probably also never been to utah

I am secretly hoping people retain the belief that Utah is hell on earth.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
We got punkd by this blizzard

Noobicide
Sep 12, 2007
I bought a bunch of vodka and diet sprite in case the power went out

well the power didn't go out but guess what happened anyway

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Fog Tripper posted:

I am secretly hoping people retain the belief that Utah is hell on earth.

Enjoy your multiple wives, you disgusting Evan Mcmuffin supporter!

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

NihilismNow posted:

It is well known if you have winter tires or 4wd you do not need to take weather conditions into account. If you have both it is in fact scientifically impossible to lose grip and you should never go below the speed limit.

Thirty-car pileup east of Montreal:
https://twitter.com/meteomedia/status/841757385953804289

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Enjoy your multiple wives, you disgusting Evan Mcmuffin supporter!

Snow days are easier when have a Jacelynn and Kaylee shoveling the driveway

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Different video of the same pileup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxWzM-x9Grs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The French are scum

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Zarkas posted:

My area is in total panic. So far we've gotten about 2 inches, but you know how guys like to exaggerate.

I'm sure it's well over 4 inches if you fluff it up a bit. Just wait until it's not so cold.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Work was closed today and tomorrow, I may run out of beer, please send help.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCI_WINTER_WEATHER_FORECAST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-14-17-17-34

Love it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Normally there is no excuse for that, except that right now you cant see more then 500 feet.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
barely anybody showed up to class today. loving idiots.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
first night was nothing now there's a foot of snow on my car, that's gonna take at least ten minutes to clean off, time to use social media to complain about it to 500 people, 5 of which who like me!!!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

pants in my pants posted:

My shoes have not even gotten to any manner of sorting facility in 24 hours. This is very unsettling.

Don't you autists love to jerk off over how your cities never stop whenever Atlanta gets snow and poo poo gets crazy?

I ordered something from queens, I'm in brooklyn. For some reason it got sent to Bethpage which is like an hour away in nowhere long island and was delayed there

Post office is retarded

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
has anyone else noticed that kids these days are lazy

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ein cooler Typ posted:

That car is going in reverse

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
People don't drive rear wheel drive cars much anymore so you don't get stuck as much as they used to also that car and those kids are from 1955 not 1985. Also that kid appears to be playing dreamcast so at least 15 years earlier. Bad image macro.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Sadly that is spot on truth. We used to make big bucks pushing cars up hills and shoveling old people's walks/stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I had about 7 inches around my neighborhood, made spaghetti for lunch, and got an email from the owner thanking me for being VPN'ed all day. Trip report: pretty cool.

• Locked thread