Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

cause its on the ds and doesnt look as good i am guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah the intro to okami sincerely takes like 30 minutes and then a lot of tutorial text, it's so much setup, I don't blame anyone for not getting into it.

never really touched the sequel

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Zas posted:

cause its on the ds and doesnt look as good i am guessing

It looks good for a ds game tho, the art style works well on the system. Maybe I'll pick it up again if I am away and only have my 3ds but I really have to be in a patient mood.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

okamidens fun but calling it a sequel's generous, its okami shrunk down onto a ds screen. still plays real well though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the characters and stuff are funny but the gameplay + easy difficulty ... not so funny.. sorry mr hideki

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
On Y's, how has the gameplay changed since the Turbographix 16 days? That was the only time I played a Y's game.
I guess I could ask the same for Tales games while I'm at it. Tales of Phantasia for SFamicom was last time I touched that series (is it the same series?)

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Bell_ posted:

On Y's, how has the gameplay changed since the Turbographix 16 days? That was the only time I played a Y's game.
I guess I could ask the same for Tales games while I'm at it. Tales of Phantasia for SFamicom was last time I touched that series (is it the same series?)

the ys games became a 2d hack and slash rpg and then became more like 3d hack and slash games which i guess is the logical progression from bumping into enemies

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
showed the Dragon Quest XI trailer to a friend who had never seen it and god im not over how freaking insane this game looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIeUQUajMbc

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Expect My Mom posted:

showed the Dragon Quest XI trailer to a friend who had never seen it and god im not over how freaking insane this game looks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIeUQUajMbc

I can’t loving wait

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
definitely glad im gifting myself a ps4 pro this christmas since the switch release of dq11 seems as though it will be coming later than the ps4 release since an interview i read said they were having some technical issues porting it to the switch and cant stand by the 2018 release date theyre giving the ps4 international version

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill be playing the 3ds version first, though im buying the ps4 version at the same time. seems like it would be hard to do it the other way around

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should do a surprise pc port so i can throw my ps4 in the trash where i t belongs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be playing the 3ds version first, though im buying the ps4 version at the same time. seems like it would be hard to do it the other way around

they still haven't said whether or not the 3DS version is even getting translated, but I hope it does

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I can’t loving believe Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out in Japan already and the countdown to the English release has already begun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

they still haven't said whether or not the 3DS version is even getting translated, but I hope it does

i imagine they will. since wouldnt they have like ... the same script

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DQ11 is an extreme day one buy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I can’t loving believe Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out in Japan already and the countdown to the English release has already begun
Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 are both coming out next year and I haven't even started Kiwami 1

japan wins again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I wish they would give a release date for the west already, jeez.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
6+ hours to beat the first dungeon in okami ftw

game's still cool and chill, i've learned enough japanese since whenever i played this game years ago to read some of the signs and stuff and that rules

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Expect My Mom posted:

6+ hours to beat the first dungeon in
game's still cool and chill, i've learned enough japanese since whenever i played this game years ago to read some of the signs and stuff and that rules

:staredog:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3EZt3U9o3k

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It still blows my mind that ni no kuni 1 was essentially a 3ds port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It still blows my mind that ni no kuni 1 was essentially a 3ds port

Not 3DS, just DS

• Locked thread