Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

FaradayCage posted:

Yahoo Games was like the one thing Yahoo still had going for them and they canned it.

I'm pretty sure the name is worth more than the company at this point. Just rebrand some dollar store dog food and call it a day.

The company got purchased by Verizon and is going to be turned into a holding company for Alibaba, the Yahoo name is not continuing afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I can attest to spades being really fun. It can also be played with six people, still with teams of two, and is even better in that configuration

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Haier posted:

I was always confused why American newspapers had a Bridge column every day, just listing the movies X player made. Like... is that exciting to people? What?

It's the best card game there is apart from poker, so it's fine.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The best card game is a TB test

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
any goons want to become pro bridge players all you need to do is cheat apparently

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Bridge is played so competitively by so many people because it is such an excellent game that the only fat value left competitively lies outside the rules.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've never met someone who played bridge, or at least that shared that information. I just assumed it was some geriatric poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Apparently it is just white people spades tho???????

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

I've never met someone who played bridge, or at least that shared that information. I just assumed it was some geriatric poo poo

Geriatrics but also like the kind of dorks who play chess but are more confrontational. Also obsessive optimizers. It's an odd mix.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
backgammon is actually the best game but you have to play it for money to get the most out of it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Bridge is harder to learn but the payoff is a greatly increased depth in the game, especially in the bidding part. There are a bunch of Bridge-like games of which Spades is a very good one but Bridge is the best arrangement / refinement of the idea.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
see no one to play rook with :cry:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

backgammon is actually the best game but you have to play it for money to get the most out of it

I beaver

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Blue Train posted:

I didn't start playing spades till I went to college. The brothers taught it to me. I'm forever grateful.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

hakimashou posted:

Yes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Who What Now posted:

If it's not euchre then you can just gently caress right off.

Skypie posted:

Why not euchre, OP?

michigan residents spotted

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

michigan residents spotted

Yea I saw this poo poo in Ohio with the white people also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006