Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Didn't he have to redo? Like, the dude at the challenge point straight up wouldn't let him drop anything off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

jivjov posted:

Didn't he have to redo? Like, the dude at the challenge point straight up wouldn't let him drop anything off

I think all he needed to do was roll back to the stuff that fell off and re-attach it, instead he lugged the heavy bike all the way back to the start. At least the last time it just showed him picking the stuff up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I think all he needed to do was roll back to the stuff that fell off and re-attach it, instead he lugged the heavy bike all the way back to the start. At least the last time it just showed him picking the stuff up.

Yeah, I think he would have been fine if he reattached, but I think he was already suffering from heat exhaustion and that can prevent you from thinking clearly.

I did laugh at the "we never gave up" line. Yeah, you did. It was for the best reason possible since nobody wants to see anyone race themselves to death, but it's still giving up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He hosed himself helping London from falling over. Should've just left her.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

One of the things fell off at the very start and he didn't notice it like he did later ones. Becca commented on it but mentioned she wasn't allowed to say anything.

I'm really liking this season. It's a lot better than I was expecting, and might be my favorite in years.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I remember a couple seasons back that someone shouted something helpful out to their partner and incurred a 2 hour penalty on the mat for it. Roadblocks are a no help zone.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eltoasto posted:

Yea, but he dropped a few things right at the start but I guess Becca wasn't allowed to say anything :(.

Also Brooke and Scott are the worst and it would be very sad if they won this.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Noticed something interesting in the newest episode. During the Street Fighter challenge the contestants were given bat-topped sticks like American arcade machines use, the Korean players had ball-topped sticks like Japanese/Korean arcade machines. That was some nice attention to detail, I know I wouldn't have thought of that.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Noticed something interesting in the newest episode. During the Street Fighter challenge the contestants were given bat-topped sticks like American arcade machines use, the Korean players had ball-topped sticks like Japanese/Korean arcade machines. That was some nice attention to detail, I know I wouldn't have thought of that.

It was to make London feel more at home as she desperately pawed at the controls like a feral cat.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

I'm just surprised they went to the trouble for people who've probably never seen an arcade machine in their lives.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Difficult tasks, I am really happy with the final 3. Will be rooting for LoLo since they have just been having fun the entire time without drama (and probably bangin), but the other two teams are cool too. If Scott doesn't win, it'd be nice for him to get another go since he has been a really good player on his own.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
The level of self-righteous complaining on the part of the parents was really irritating to me for some reason. I think it goes hand in hand with the general lack of skill/thinking puzzles the show has moved to. Physical endurance and the ability to just shut up and follow instructions usually wins the day now.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
If Brooke and Scott win, he might be up in the rarefied air of some of the top racers of all time. I still think that no one will ever top Zach from season 3, partially because the teams have to split roadblocks equally these days.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

devoir posted:

The level of self-righteous complaining on the part of the parents was really irritating to me for some reason.

I thought they were being really mean. I understand it's a stressful situation and people lose their cool but the reality was that for all the insults about beating a girl or whatever, the gamer probably still was going easy on her.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

devoir posted:

The level of self-righteous complaining on the part of the parents was really irritating to me for some reason. I think it goes hand in hand with the general lack of skill/thinking puzzles the show has moved to. Physical endurance and the ability to just shut up and follow instructions usually wins the day now.

It was ridiculous but I'm not surprised that the 'olds' don't consider it just as skillful as any other task. I was rewatching the Venice episode and Tara was also complaining that she was too busy being a mom to learn how to paint.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I liked how they added an overlay saying "London's life bar" in a 1980's calculator font.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

You could tell that the mom yelled at her kids a bunch about video games due to her utter disdain about getting humbled by one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rick posted:

I thought they were being really mean. I understand it's a stressful situation and people lose their cool but the reality was that for all the insults about beating a girl or whatever, the gamer probably still was going easy on her.

Oh he definitely was.

That one round he just stood in place spamming fireballs and she stood there and took all of them, moving forward and back.

I mean, gently caress, at least dick around with the buttons and see what they do.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm watching the episode right now, and yeah, those pros were definitely not bringing their A-Game

Edit: oh man; listening to Mom and Dad bitch is just painful. Especially Dad. "Oh this kids just on a loving ego trip as wont let her win". Like....yeah, that's literally the point. These guys are probably getting paid for their appearance on the show and that's their job.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 28, 2017

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I don't know, I thought listening to old people complain about video games was pretty funny.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Andorra posted:

I don't know, I thought listening to old people complain about video games was pretty funny.

Tara's "oh god I haven't played a video game in ages. How the hell is he beating me with only one hand??" was amusing. It was Joey going all in with personal attacks on the Korean players that was toxic.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do find it amusing that it looks like she lost 10-20 rounds playing against someone that is loving blind folded.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

im glad we found the thing that will get goons to post about The Amazing Race: people criticizing gamers

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Wait. The OP says Brooke is 36 and Tara is 38?!

Is that actually correct? My ability to determine age is apparently completely broken.

Is also makes me dislike both of them a bit more. How is Brooke so immature at 36, and how is Tara acting like a senior citizen at 38?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea I guess, I took the information directly off of CBS's website.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Scott earned that 500k more than any other person in the final 3. Good on him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Big McHuge posted:

Seriously, Scott was unveiled as a super fan on the final leg and earned that poo poo. Weak leg, but they had some difficult ones this season.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

hilarious outcome. One of the most dysfunctional teams ever (beyond super early boots)

A very lovely final leg though. Remembering just placements on legs? So easy. And then the mental challenge of subtracting or adding single digit numbers? Come on.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I thought that leg was pretty awesome. A two-part task that none of the teams got straight away nor struggled with, followed by an open-ended scavenger hunt around the city, then the final task. There was plenty of room for placement shuffling. I'm just glad that for once the most invisible team of the season didn't win.

R to the J
Sep 2, 2004

The biggest e-penis of them all!

Andorra posted:

I'm just glad that for once the most invisible team of the season didn't win.

I honestly thought London and Logan were going to win because they'd been getting the "boring edit" all season.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I wonder what they had to do with the hot dog warmers. Return them to the vendor, or just dump them wherever?

blue squares posted:

A very lovely final leg though. Remembering just placements on legs? So easy. And then the mental challenge of subtracting or adding single digit numbers? Come on.

Still better than the returnee season that had as the final challenge "jump out of this airplane" with no possible chance of ever passing another team.

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
I thought it was a fine episode, just difficult to edit in any interesting way when the other 2 teams were a way back for the final tasks. A team dominating makes for boring TV in the final leg but it's always a crapshoot when they start at the same time/catch the same final flight etc.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It was rather anti-climatic, but I didn't think there was a chance in hell Brooke and Scott would get through the scoreboard challenge without imploding. They earned it there.

For a team that was terrible at communicating all season they absolutely crushed that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This season had the best cast since 21 and the most entertaining team won. I did not expect this season to deliver like it did.

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

blue squares posted:

hilarious outcome. One of the most dysfunctional teams ever (beyond super early boots)
Zach and Flo is what I think of here.

Shneak posted:

This season had the best cast since 21 and the most entertaining team won. I did not expect this season to deliver like it did.

I'm tired of CBS trying to kill the show with gimmicks, but I agree. I could definitely see some of these teams coming back for an all-stars season. (Especially team fun and the boys).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gutted Redmond and Matt didn't win, and shocked Scott and Brooke won. Brooke seemed completely useless and broke down at the smallest setback, so well done to Scott.

Team Fun were super cute, and overall it was a great season! I hope they keep this "two strangers" format going in the future.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Der Shovel posted:

Gutted Redmond and Matt didn't win, and shocked Scott and Brooke won. Brooke seemed completely useless and broke down at the smallest setback, so well done to Scott.

Team Fun were super cute, and overall it was a great season! I hope they keep this "two strangers" format going in the future.

I started off disliking Matt and Redmond after they got pissy about being U-Turned, but drat they deserved to win. I find it hilarious Brooke and Scott won, possibly beating out the Beekmans for the least competent winners of the race (well, Brooke was at least).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Scott carried that team to victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tea Bone posted:

I started off disliking Matt and Redmond after they got pissy about being U-Turned, but drat they deserved to win.

The upside is that if they ever do an All-Stars season again, they're a shoe in for that.

quote:

I find it hilarious Brooke and Scott won, possibly beating out the Beekmans for the least competent winners of the race (well, Brooke was at least).

I'd forgotten the god drat Beekmans. How the hell did they manage to win!

• Locked thread