Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
one of them marimo algae balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i got q desk plant last week but fuckingg bugs keep showing up. i have enough bugs in my code, i dont need any more !!

whats the best way to make the bugs gently caress off from my bonsai tree? this is literally the only time ive seen insects in the office in 3 years aside from that time wasps got in

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

obstipator posted:

i got q desk plant last week but fuckingg bugs keep showing up. i have enough bugs in my code, i dont need any more !!

whats the best way to make the bugs gently caress off from my bonsai tree? this is literally the only time ive seen insects in the office in 3 years aside from that time wasps got in
get a reptile to eat the bugs

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ultravoices posted:

spider plants are basically indestructible. just water it a bit when the soil feels dry and before it turns yellow.

and you get spider-ettes which you can pot and share with all your work friends. :3

it also keeps Stallmans away

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

axolotl farmer posted:

it also keeps Stallmans away

i haven't read enough of the corpus of our lord and savior RMS to know his autistic preferences on spider plants.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

obstipator posted:

What kind of bugs? Too much water can cause fungus in the soil which attracts gnats who then breed on it.

Aphids just like to eat your plant. You'll know it's aphids cuz they piss sugary liquid on your plant and it'll feel sticky.

Ideal solution: Obtain ladybug or hoverfly larva, put on plant and observe carnage. Adult ladybugs work too, but they're more into loving than eating at that age.

Practical solution: You can attempt to drown the aphids by spraying the plant with water mixed with a tiny amount of dishwashing liquid (1/4th teaspoon to 1 litre) Spray daily until they're all dead.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Stick Insect posted:

What kind of bugs? Too much water can cause fungus in the soil which attracts gnats who then breed on it.

Aphids just like to eat your plant. You'll know it's aphids cuz they piss sugary liquid on your plant and it'll feel sticky.

Ideal solution: Obtain ladybug or hoverfly larva, put on plant and observe carnage. Adult ladybugs work too, but they're more into loving than eating at that age.

Practical solution: You can attempt to drown the aphids by spraying the plant with water mixed with a tiny amount of dishwashing liquid (1/4th teaspoon to 1 litre) Spray daily until they're all dead.

i've always used neem oil to murder bugs. it's a good organic solution.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Thanks, I will try that if they invade my geraniums outside again. I lost that war :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I went to Home Depot to get a pot and some soil for my baby tree, but they only sell soil in Way Too Much For One Six Inch Pot quantities, so I got a succulent and cactus to bring to work. I didn't know they made pink cactuses

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

succulents are rad

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the pink cactus is a mutant that can't produce chlorophyll and can't survive on its own. they need to be grafted on to another, green, cactus where they live like a parasite.

they can't be grown from seeds, but the pink cactus produces buds that can be cut off and grafted in turn.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

duTrieux. posted:

succulents are rad

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

succulents and pink parasite cacti are rad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Could I put some Irish moss in there too or would that starve the plants

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

reverse desk plant chat: swiped some pups from the office aloe plant and potted them up at home

axolotl farmer posted:

they can't be grown from seeds, but the pink cactus produces buds that can be cut off and grafted in turn.

got a yellow one im gonna try this with in the summer

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

reverse desk plant chat: swiped some pups from the office aloe plant and potted them up at home

got a yellow one im gonna try this with in the summer
how does that work? my pink one already has a little bud sprouting and I'd like to try my hand at it

I think I have a new hobby

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

indigi posted:

how does that work? my pink one already has a little bud sprouting and I'd like to try my hand at it

I think I have a new hobby

he going to need to be a bit bigger than that. ive never done it before but if you google moon cactus grafting a bunch of how tos will show up. it's a p. simple process tho

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cat Face Joe posted:

a bunch of how tos will show up

hows to, op

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Raluek posted:

hows to, op

i to like hows

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
op wants the succ

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

op wants the succ

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Wild EEPROM posted:

op wants the succ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

anyone have a favorite or go-to gardening book?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wild EEPROM posted:

op wants the succ

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
used to have one of these bad boys

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you shouldnt grow weed in the office

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think im the only one that wants a big tray of grass like they do for cats

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

.lnk to the past posted:

used to have one of these bad boys

that's a pretty plant

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hifi posted:

i think im the only one that wants a big tray of grass like they do for cats

no I definitely want that. then you can trim it with scissors every week or two and it'll make Monday smell more appealing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

no I definitely want that. then you can trim it with scissors every week or two and it'll make Monday smell more appealing

also you can press the clippings and sell the juice to dumb people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

also you can press the clippings and sell the juice to dumb people

look out here comes my juice

• Locked thread