Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What desk planet do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have a "rusty the red panda" beanie baby and an otamatone as desk decoration

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a sage plant.

yes, really.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I bet it smells nice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ya it does

i used to have a chocolate mint plant too but it died when i had to leave suddenly for several weeks and didn't water it. the sage was more woody and struggled through it, lost a lot of leaves, but with some aggressive pruning and fertilization and care i was able to get it perked up again and now it's returned to its natural bushy state

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

with some aggressive pruning and fertilization and care i was able to get it perked up again and now it's returned to its natural bushy state

please dont post about my friday night with your mother

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mishaq posted:

please dont post about my friday night with your mother

:discourse:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYF_YQgY068

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
fat sack of weed

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i have a lamp and a cnc machined cutout of detroit from overhead op

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
the lamp has usb ports :kheldragar:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i won a little bamboo thing at a raffle but i brought it home and gave it to a roommate instead of my desk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I now have 10 tiny tomato plants sprouting on my desk under a grow-lamp :3:

I'm gonna try and transplant every one of them to a pot and have a whole fuckin tomato garden

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
some kind of fern, idk

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

on this desk there are string of perls, some other succulent, dying flowers and this fucker which is growing closer and closer to eye level, only learned recently what it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphorbia_tirucalli

quote:

The milky latex from E. tirucalli is extremely irritating to the skin and mucosa and is toxic.[6] Contact with skin causes severe irritation, redness and a burning sensation; contact with the eyes may cause severe pain, and in some cases temporary blindness for several days. Symptoms may worsen over 12 hours.

For eye exposures, flush eyes with fresh, cool water for at least 15 minutes and repeat after a few minutes. Seek medical attention if there is no relief. Over-the-counter anti-histamines may provide relief for some people.

If swallowed, it may cause burning to the mouth, lips, and tongue. Deaths have been recorded from swallowing the latex, and anyone swallowing some should seek medical attention.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

I'm gonna try and transplant every one of them to a pot and have a whole fuckin tomato garden

i grew 8 tomato plants last summer, and while it was really nice having fresh tomatoes all the time, by around september i never wanted to see another tomato again. probably only doing 4 this season.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I have peace lilies. These plants were in some NASA study as being one of the better ones to remove various indoor air pollution.

More importantly, they're incredibly easy to use. When you haven't watered them recently they droop over very visibly and tell you what's wrong. Then you water them and they perk back up in a few minutes. Every other plant I've owned reminds me of its need for water with the helpful signal of sudden death.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i grew 8 tomato plants last summer, and while it was really nice having fresh tomatoes all the time, by around september i never wanted to see another tomato again. probably only doing 4 this season.

I definitely feel this, having had a large zucchini garden growing up and eating zucchini what felt like every other night all summer long. but these tomato plants will make cherry tomatoes, and I can eat those like popcorn forever :yum:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

teh one time smythe posted about too many zucchini

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
today i got an angry email from above telling us that no personal items or papers should be left in our office as it is for hotdesking only

the only problem its a room with 25 desk, of which I've never seen more than 9 occupied at the same time , and usually only visited by the same 7 people all week :negative:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When I was in college our lab decided to be a cool start up and swapped everybody's desks around to be more agile and left one open with the title "hot desk"

Nobody ever came in to share our workspace, and nobody explained to me what "hot desk" meant, so I made the logical assumption and moved all of my soldering stuff over there

nobody cared

academia.txt

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i have a dieffenbachia

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

fat sack of weed

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i have a drinking bird

it helpfully reminds me what i would rather do than touch computers (drink)

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I had a spider plant but it just up and died overnight on me. :(

Also at uni I had an ivy plant that grew all the way from the top of my bookshelf to the floor, where it was immediately repulsed by the state of the floor and curled up and died.

I am bad at plants. Maybe I should give a peace lily a try.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I have a cactus and a spider plant, op

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have a maneki-neko op

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

more pics in the desk thread pls. sagebrush let's see those tomates pal

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
my coworker made a test facebook account for his desk plant and facebook made him change the name because they thought "desk plant" was a fake name. this is acceptable apparently though:

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
the building management gave out teensy little succulents last year for earth day and mine is now way too big for its pot. bless my scheduled notification reminding me 'tend to the succulent'

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i have a dozen plants on my desk at work and idk what they are besides cool and good

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i've owned several cactodes in my life and all but one of them died because i forgot to water them. the other one got too much water and grew a mushroom and rotted.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

i've owned several cactodes in my life and all but one of them died because i forgot to water them. the other one got too much water and grew a mushroom and rotted.

did you eat the mushroom because that seems lime a real wasted opportunity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my parents had a friend in the 70s who ate all the random mushrooms he found in search of the ultimate high, but eventually he just got kidney failure and had to start dialysis.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I HAVE A GOD drat TREE, OP.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

excellent, we grew a ton of cherry tomatoes this way over the winter and it was great

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

vodkat posted:

today i got an angry email from above telling us that no personal items or papers should be left in our office as it is for hotdesking only

the only problem its a room with 25 desk, of which I've never seen more than 9 occupied at the same time , and usually only visited by the same 7 people all week :negative:

reply all that you need a fixed desk as a disability accommodation

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Postmaster GBS posted:

more pics in the desk thread pls.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Nice! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

also what the gently caress is a hot desk??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

du -hast posted:

also what the gently caress is a hot desk??

a DILF

• Locked thread