Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Please don't go get a life outside SA like Bens tiny Weenus did so you can run this again next year :unsmith:

You did a good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
You should make a doodle poll for the initial suggestions and seeding to save a lot of time on your end.

We also need 4 divisions again: NCAA (teams, fans, owners, etc), NFL (same), players, and media. That way we can quickly get to the douchiest player vs the douchiest on-air talent, for example, without having to worry about apples to oranges comparisons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LOL don't worry there's not much chance of that, I'm pretty settled into my laziness and habit of procrastinating my actual work by doing bullshit projects on SA instead. The amount of effort I put into this thing pales in comparison to how much time and effort I waste doing fantasy football, not to mention running the trad games secret santa every year. I'm a sucker for spreadsheets basically.

e. What is a "doodle poll"?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

e. What is a "doodle poll"?

It's just a web poll. You can use the thread poll option as well but the doodle can be redone whereas the thread results are locked.

It'll help you see how many votes go for each option so you can seed accordingly without having to make a spreadsheet or read every entry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh I see. Well I can also use Google Forms to feed directly into a google spreadsheet, if I just want to use an online poll. The main reason we've done all that stuff in the thread is to try to use whatever method possible to encourage discussion and debate. Because honestly the actual voting and results are the least important part, the best is getting to bitch about all the football douchebags and then try to compare them.

But yeah I think you're right that the nominations process is too long and really I was pretty unsatisfied with how few "seconds" most nominees got, creating really flat seeding. I think in general participation may be way down compared to previous years as well, although I don't know that for sure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830055 Here you go.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thanks iospace

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CyberPingu posted:

Please don't go get a life outside SA like Bens tiny Weenus did so you can run this again next year :unsmith:

You did a good job

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I enjoyed this process, thank you for continuing this tradition!

• Locked thread