Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Every now and then I check back in and make sure I'm not the only one that thinks this poo poo is gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

amusinginquiry posted:

I hate this thread but the title is too good for me to unbookmark it

It is honestly one of the best thread titles I've ever seen on this forum.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

oh dope posted:

It just dawned on me that I never saw the last episode.
you sat through the tedious poo poo and missed out on the one with legit comedy value :(

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hope that the lord of the rings tv series also has giants that step on people

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I hope a giant coughs on some more people.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I hope Arya sails to middle earth to ruin any chance of the Lord of the rings show of being good

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

oh dope posted:

Oh i know. I saw this thread bumped and it reminded me how i was so fed up after the penultimate episode i just kinda wiped the entire thing from my mind. And since i have even less interest in the books, the whole thing has been a waste of time. Hand to god, this thread is probably the best GoT experience I've had.

It was amazing how it was such a huge thing for eight years and then <crickets>

No-one even talks about the good parts. Just wiped from the collective conscious.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Glenn Quebec posted:

I hope Arya sails to middle earth to ruin any chance of the Lord of the rings show of being good

Arya stabs Morgoth first episode

The rest of the show is about messy bitch elf drama

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Glenn Quebec posted:

It's already doomed. They can't use any of the established characters or lore so it's going to be like GoT but if they weren't allowed to use any of the books as source material.

quote:

the author's estate has refused to allow the writers anywhere other than the Second Age, with even the First Age – everything before Morgoth was overthrown – "off limits".

"Amazon has a relatively free hand when it comes to adding something [to the Second Age], since… very few details are known about this timespan," ...

"The Tolkien estate will insist that the main shape of the Second Age is not altered. Sauron invades Eriador, is forced back by a Númenorean expedition, returns to Númenor. There he corrupts the Númenoreans and seduces them to break the ban of the Valar. All this, the course of history, must remain the same."

Gandalf doesn't arrive in Middle-Earth until the Third Age so the only linking characters they can use are a couple of the elves.

Hillary 2024 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 19, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Hillary 2020 posted:

It was amazing how it was such a huge thing for eight years and then <crickets>

No-one even talks about the good parts. Just wiped from the collective conscious.

The suspense was the good part, and having everything resolved so terribly kinda kills all the impact of the buildup that came before it. It's the ultimate shaggy dog story.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hillary 2020 posted:

There he corrupts the Númenoreans and seduces them

Alright I'm back on board :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hillary 2020 posted:

It's already doomed. They can't use any of the established characters or lore so it's going to be like GoT but if they weren't allowed to use any of the books as source material.

Gandalf doesn't arrive in Middle-Earth until the Third Age so the only linking characters they can use are a couple of the elves.

Numenorean political maneuvering and a secret death cult sounds about right for modern streaming television, especially if they can figure out how to get a young Haradrim woman as the protagonist and still stay within the strictures of the license.