Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Rest in Peace Girl Boss you had a good two months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THE MEN ARE TALKING HERE! :catbert:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I want to see BoyBoss on Netflix next year

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
So I guess GBS isn't the only ones that hate women

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I never saw the show, but I guess I'm not really the target demographic for it since I'm not a girl or have Down's syndrome.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I hope Jake Fogelnest can find work what with him looking like a heroin addict and a laugh like a hyena ate a typewriter.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This guy wrote the girlboss show (is the face of female empowerment):

that is considered a flattering picture of him.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I've heard that some women have started companies that aren't buying jeans from Goodwill and reselling them, but I guess only the woman who sells her old jeans was willing to give away the secret to her success to television producers.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I think this will be a case study of TV shows going forward, the market is far too saturated.
Think about it this way, thus far we've had:
- Boss
- Hugo Boss
- Boss Baby
- Undercover Boss
- Who's the Boss!?
- Sauce Boss
- Boss Hoss

I think these Holywierd phonies should take a more hands-off approach for 2 seconds and let it set in that the average American is tired of all the "bossing". Replacing any of the aforementioned with "boss" with "Ross" (as in David Schwimmer's character from TV's hit Friends) automatically increases the quality of the product which should be a clear indicator that these "think tanks" are no longer trying.

- Ross (Kelsey Grammar plays as Ross in a shot-for-shot remake of Friends)
- Hugo Ross (GQ clothing modeled by Schwimmer)
- Ross Baby (Essentially the same movie, only biographic of Schwimmer's life)
- Undercover Ross (David Schwimmer is sent into various businesses to see if anyone recognizes him as TV's Ross)
- Who's the Ross!? (Essentially "To Tell the Truth" but with every contestant being David Schwimmer)
- Sauce Ross (David Schwimmer loves sauces and each sauce has a story to tell!)
- Ross Hoss (V8 powered David Schwimmer)

Any of the aforementioned would go along way in delivering us from this "peak boss" conundrum we've worked ourselves into, and I think we'd be better people on the other side!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I think this will be a case study of TV shows going forward, the market is far too saturated.
Think about it this way, thus far we've had:
- Boss
- Hugo Boss
- Boss Baby
- Undercover Boss
- Who's the Boss!?
- Sauce Boss
- Boss Hoss

I think these Holywierd phonies should take a more hands-off approach for 2 seconds and let it set in that the average American is tired of all the "bossing". Replacing any of the aforementioned with "boss" with "Ross" (as in David Schwimmer's character from TV's hit Friends) automatically increases the quality of the product which should be a clear indicator that these "think tanks" are no longer trying.

- Ross (Kelsey Grammar plays as Ross in a shot-for-shot remake of Friends)
- Hugo Ross (GQ clothing modeled by Schwimmer)
- Ross Baby (Essentially the same movie, only biographic of Schwimmer's life)
- Undercover Ross (David Schwimmer is sent into various businesses to see if anyone recognizes him as TV's Ross)
- Who's the Ross!? (Essentially "To Tell the Truth" but with every contestant being David Schwimmer)
- Sauce Ross (David Schwimmer loves sauces and each sauce has a story to tell!)
- Ross Hoss (V8 powered David Schwimmer)

Any of the aforementioned would go along way in delivering us from this "peak boss" conundrum we've worked ourselves into, and I think we'd be better people on the other side!

Naw man, a Boss Hog DoH spinoff is what we need to round out and kill off the boss genre. Starring Ralphie May!

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

madeintaipei posted:

Naw man, a Boss Hog DoH spinoff is what we need to round out and kill off the boss genre. Starring Ralphie May!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but Ralphie May should gently caress a steak knife. I'm sure this was a joke and I'm trying to bear that in mind but I really just don't care for that dude.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I didn't watch girlboss for the same reason I don't watch Game of Thrones. Because Dragons aren't real either.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I don't think there were dragons in Girl Boss dude

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Girlboss was a real TV show?

netflix exclusive, so no

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I don't think there were dragons in Girl Boss dude

how do you know? it's not like anyone watched the entire show.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Joel Hodgson lookin rough

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What about.. Dog Boss. A loving dog runs the whole drat company, and he does a pretty darn good job too! :v:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What about.. Dog Boss. A loving dog runs the whole drat company, and he does a pretty darn good job too! :v:

Can't wait for the sequel, Boss Buddies

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Hell Yeah posted:

grill boss

I still don't know what girlboss is so grill boss has out lived it in duration and value

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

extra stout posted:

I still don't know what girlboss is so grill boss has out lived it in duration and value

Grill boss would be a cool reality show. Like you roll around with some charcoal grills like publishers clearinghouse and just set up in some random persons back yard and have a grill off with whatever meat they got in the freezer. :jerky:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Now THAT is a good boy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Julius CSAR posted:

Joel Hodgson lookin rough

John Linnel is looking young for his age

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Grill boss would be a cool reality show. Like you roll around with some charcoal grills like publishers clearinghouse and just set up in some random persons back yard and have a grill off with whatever meat they got in the freezer. :jerky:

The host? MR COOL ICE

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Boss Boss, the new Amazon Video show about a boss for other bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

extra stout posted:

The host? MR COOL ICE

Yeah he brings in the cooler of zima when the cooks start to break a sweat. :smuggo:

• Locked thread