Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
satanists need to get their heads on straight and get right with the Lord imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Yeah laveyan satanists worship themselves.

Theres supposedly alao theistic satanists who actually worship the morning star but I've never actually met one and tend to doubt they exist in any signficant numbers.

My friend believes in ninth gate esque secret theistic satanism cults due to being raised as a weird christian starting in the 70s ans also being a conspiracy theorist. I try to point out that almost no one thinks of themselves as evil and few are even willing to pretend like they are. And the existence of evil is what myth of satan is all aboot.

Being a theistic satanist would be like worshipping sauron and the inherent human need to hold onto a sense os self worth basically precludes anything like that.

A few black metal teens here and there doesnt = some worldwide secret satanism religion.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nathilus posted:

Yeah laveyan satanists worship themselves.

Theres supposedly alao theistic satanists who actually worship the morning star but I've never actually met one and tend to doubt they exist in any signficant numbers.

My friend believes in ninth gate esque secret theistic satanism cults due to being raised as a weird christian starting in the 70s ans also being a conspiracy theorist. I try to point out that almost no one thinks of themselves as evil and few are even willing to pretend like they are. And the existence of evil is what myth of satan is all aboot.

Being a theistic satanist would be like worshipping sauron and the inherent human need to hold onto a sense os self worth basically precludes anything like that.

A few black metal teens here and there doesnt = some worldwide secret satanism religion.
The whole satanic panic thing in the 80's /90's stoked a lot of paranoia. Satanic cults who sacrifice children / gently caress dead bodies do not exist. Maybe there's the odd nut job.

The weird thing is that christians truly believe in the literal existence of satan so the notion that satanists are able to channel the powers of the dark lord is very real to them. lol thats so hosed up

BONE DOG fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 30, 2017

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

moose face posted:

The whole satanic panic thing in the 80's /90's stoked a lot of paranoia. Satanic cults who sacrifice children / gently caress dead bodies do not exist. Maybe there's the odd nut job.

The weird thing is that christians truly believe in the literal existence of satan so the notion that satanists are able to channel the powers of the dark lord is very real to them. lol thats so hosed up

The second you try to start dismissing this to one of those weird christians is the second they spout out "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing mankind he didnt exist" shlock and pointing out that such is not even close to biblical doesnt do any good whatsoever.

The best ive managed is "the greatest trick that the flying pink unicorns circling around my head ever pulled was convincing you they dont exist." but even that only caused about a microsecond worth of thought. Its about a narrative and treating life like it has to intrinsically make sense metaphysically (which it doesnt and wont) rather than anything that has to do wirh logic or proof.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
fathilus

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Nooner posted:

fathilus

....pooner?

Eh. :shrug:

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

Atheism is just the lack of theistic faith. Satanists are atheists

Atheism is a product of a society that kills all aspects of spirituality in a person and puts this false Saturnian existence at the top of reality - the "Satanists" you align yourself with are self-masturbatory worms serving as low-vibration food for the demiurge Eagle

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

old fat bird posted:

Atheism is a product of a society that kills all aspects of spirituality in a person and puts this false Saturnian existence at the top of reality - the "Satanists" you align yourself with are self-masturbatory worms serving as low-vibration food for the demiurge Eagle

You sound at least a little volkisch. Good for you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

moose face posted:

Atheism is just the lack of theistic faith. Satanists are atheists

No satanists are clearly worshipping a deity. To sum it up it's pretty much the belief that sexual evolution is corrupt and that people should gently caress their mothers to devolve the species and create a new superior human race from the retarded regressive animals born of the whore mother, guided by the church and not freeform evolution. It's pretty stupid but hey it's a weird fact of evolution that motherfuckers make animals. :shrug:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was editing the Wikipedia page for the melting point of steel beams

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

Ocean Book posted:

That's bullshit satanism. Real satanism is believing that Jehovah is not an omnibenevolent being but instead a petty and jealous archdeamon who subjugated mankind (the creation of a being greater than both jehovah and satan) in order that he may coerce thier obedience and worship (sources - the old testament + that the world jehovah controls is a horrible pile of misery). Satan (lightbringer) has equipped mankind with the tools (knowledge, learning, empathy) to rebuild the garden of eden within jehovahs prision if they can work past the obstacles jehovah put in the way (see great flood, tower of babel).

in this mythology jehovah is more often referred to as the demiurge.

creepy but true

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
do i gotta believe in stuff

can't I just eat good food, fart loudly and cum everywhere

that is all i wish for

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
I'm a LaVeyan Satanist who showers AMA

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I hope Hell is like a 1930's cartoon and there's men in red pajamas prancing around and poking Ayn Rand in the bottom with pitchforks because she smoked too much

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

moose face posted:

the satanic panic was used to obscure real cases of pedophilia that were occurring all across the country between the 1970's and late 1990's. even though in a lot of instances half of the evidence of abuse would be provable the rest of the accusations would usually be so fantastic that no one would believe anything the victims were claiming at all. the main advocates for the innocence of people and organizations accused of satanic ritual abuse is the false memory syndrome foundation, started by a couple whose adult daughter accused her father of sexual abuse after recovering traumatic memories in therapy (the husband later resigns from the organization because it's revealed he's published articles in pro-pedophilia magazines). before the group's foundation, 80% of media reports about this phenomenon were weighted from the perspective that victims usually tell the truth, however after the group was founded in 1992 we find this shifts to 80% of the media taking a skeptical position about these claims, often citing "false memory syndrome", a concept which generally understood has little scientific basis and originated wth the FMSF itself

so maybe there aren't satanic cults who sacrifice children, but if even half of those reports have anything true in them there are people with little relation to our sense of morality who dress up like occultists on the weekends and give chill devil worshippers a bad name

Les Os fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 31, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

imagine satan with a leather jacket on a motorcycle with big titty babes all around him that's the religion for me brother.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

imagine satan with a leather jacket on a motorcycle with big titty babes all around him that's the religion for me brother.
Me too bro! In fact, I don't even need satan or leather in that scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Satan makes me think "Hell Yeah"

• Locked thread