Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
satanists seem to be ok i think i might be one

quote:

As Anton LaVey explained in his classic work The Satanic Bible, Man—using his brain—invented all the Gods, doing so because many of our species cannot accept or control their personal egos, feeling compelled to conjure up one or a multiplicity of characters who can act without hindrance or guilt upon whims and desires. All Gods are thus externalized forms, magnified projections of the true nature of their creators, personifying aspects of the universe or personal temperaments which many of their followers find to be troubling. Worshipping any God is thus worshipping by proxy those who invented that God. Since the Satanist understands that all Gods are fiction, instead of bending a knee in worship to—or seeking friendship or unity with—such mythical entities, he places himself at the center of his own subjective universe as his own highest value.

i agree with literally all of this. hail satan

https://www.churchofsatan.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i mean, hail me for my individuality and sense of self in what is actually a meaningless existence devoid of any purpose other than to live a fulfilling life

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
and then rockly licked bulwankles cum off the floor the end

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
the funniest part in The Satanic Bible is where LaVey advocates not taking showers

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Temple is Satan is better

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sand Dan posted:

the funniest part in The Satanic Bible is where LaVey advocates not taking showers

Can it be like christianity where i can pick and choose what i want to do? i mean showers are my favourite thing i am literally posting from the shower right now and no christians or even most jews follow the dietary laws. If the bible is the word of god then christians shouldnt be able to eat shrimp or drive on sunday

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you were a real rebel you would have given demonolatry a try by now

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
do what you want. it's just funny reading a religious figure go on for many paragraphs about why he likes his own BO.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prosperity gospel is considerably more satanic than any self-proclaimed satanists

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sand Dan posted:

do what you want. it's just funny reading a religious figure go on for many paragraphs about why he likes his own BO.

Link

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

prosperity gospel is considerably more satanic than any self-proclaimed satanists

whats that

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
oh poo poo. it wasn't The Satanic Bible, it was something else. I'm trying to find it. I read a whole bunch of LaVeyan Satanism books at one point. dude liked his own funk tho

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
ok it's the chapter called Don't Bathe in Satan Speaks!

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I'm a real Satanist not some san francisco laveyan satan, I actually worship Lucifer, AMA

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hail Satan and praise be to the Luciferian lamplight - may it illuminate your journey through the cosmos and beyond.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

karma_coma posted:

I'm a real Satanist not some san francisco laveyan satan, I actually worship Lucifer, AMA

What is a good starter animal for sacrifice to the dark lord

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

We're all just monkeys groping around in the tree of sentience.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

moose face posted:

1x chicken (nuggetized)

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

1x chicken (nuggetized)

thats actually like 40-50 chickens. ruthless...

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
hail sagan

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
pretty sure you just find/replaced objectivist with satanist

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Sand Dan posted:

If cleanliness is next to Godliness, then stinkiness is next to Satanliness. :shrug:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

on the one hand youve got a rad snake who tells you where to find the best fruit and also the secrets of life, the universe, and everything, and on the other hand you've got a genocidal, jealous old absentee father figure who damns all of your offspring forever over some dumb poo poo

how is this a hard choice for anyone lol

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

green chicken feet posted:

If cleanliness is next to Godliness, then stinkiness is next to Satanliness. :shrug:

that's pretty much the gist of it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, I did know that, but I appreciate you sharing.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
What's the best movie about satanic worship? I like Night of the Demon personally, and The Devil Rides Out is also pretty cool.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

What's the best movie about satanic worship? I like Night of the Demon personally, and The Devil Rides Out is also pretty cool.

The Ninth Gate was ok, it also stars Johnny Depp and was directed by Roman Polanski so it's kind of already :yikes: before you even start watching it.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

on the one hand youve got a rad snake who tells you where to find the best fruit and also the secrets of life, the universe, and everything, and on the other hand you've got a genocidal, jealous old absentee father figure who damns all of your offspring forever over some dumb poo poo

how is this a hard choice for anyone lol

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Drive Angry 3-D, Forbidden Zone, Constantine, and The Final Sacrifice (MST3k edit)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
They worship satans balls

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
The first half of Lavey satanism is pretty chill, easy to understand stuff.

Don't believe in the god or devil. Take care of yourself first and then do what you want, as long as you don't hurt others. But don't just sit on your rear end; get out there and do something/achieve something. Its pretty straight forward, common sense stuff.

Then you get to the second hokey side of; and once you got all that down, then you can stare at candles and cast spells on your enemies! non-sense.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

karma_coma posted:

What does that entail

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Buccaneer posted:

What does that entail

Do you dare ask

The General
Mar 4, 2007

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

can we get a nsfw tag and a link on that please i caNOT lose this job at the christian bookstore

The General
Mar 4, 2007

violentlycitrus posted:

can we get a nsfw tag and a link on that please i caNOT lose this job at the christian bookstore

Relax its only an album cover, not an actual CoS one.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I do. Hail gay satan

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

moose face posted:

white ppl

Buccaneer posted:

What does that entail

Any situation in life, just do what you think the devil would do it works out great.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Wow,OP just changed the world, what a great and worthy opinion to share, thank you so much, amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

karma_coma posted:

white ppl

Any situation in life, just do what you think the devil would do it works out great.

Can't i start off with a lesser people

• Locked thread