Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

You!

What would you do

if Donald Trump was the democratic nominee last fall.

Do you put on the hat?

Do you vote GOP?

Do you get really sad and drunk?

Things to consider: Everything you know currently about Donald Trump, with him slightly favoring democratic positions instead of shitlording about race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hell i'd vote for him, especially considering he's probably running against ooze

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
he'd still beat :shillary:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Trump Would've Won

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

hell i'd vote for him, especially considering he's probably running against hillary

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
make america already great again

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The only moral option is to vote Jeb!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Non-birther timeline Trump that tries to hide his racism and doesn't pretend to be pro life and all that but is still the demented orange Twitter moron we've all come to love? Hell yeah

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tunicate posted:

The only moral option is to vote Jeb!

Cuck Yeah!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A thought experiment: VP Newt

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zas posted:

A thought experiment: VP Newt

a zoo on every moon

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-WGfrEj0pE

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Who would he have run against? Cruz? I would definitely vote for Jeb! instead.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

bernie still would have won

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
id vote turd party

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
His candidacy only worked because he said off-the-wall things that tricked the media into giving him free publicity

Attacking immigrants wouldn't work with Dem primary voters, so it would have to be something else: something that was Totally Crazy and You Can't Say That! and All Sensible, Serious People Agree Trump Has Really Stepped In It This Time! But not-so-secretly, most of the American people want it. On the right, that's immigration enforcement. On the left, it's Single Payer.

Unlike the GOP, the Senate Dems are too cowardly to eliminate the filibuster for their healthcare plan. A couple of Democucks (that would be a word in this alternate history, I am worldbuilding here) vote Nay but it doesn't matter, they don't get anywhere near 60 votes anyway.

So Obamacare remains in place, and nothing else is different either because he's just a self-aggrandizing rear end in a top hat and that's where his real values are anyway, bing bing bong

1982 Subaru Brat has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Aug 3, 2017

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Also, the hat is the other color

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

anime was right posted:

id vote turd party

you already did!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Oh god

Wouldn't crooked Hillary use her status as an insider to dump Trump?

And then he'd just run as a third party oh lord

And then he'd either win, or the vote split three ways would have seen another 2000 stump-gently caress with the horsefucker house or the goddamn supreme court deciding things

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

i wouldn't vote for him because he's a con-artist moron. who cares what he says?

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
write-in my father's name, just any good son would do. Dumb question

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

in what kind of universe does donald j trump become president much less the nominee of either party? what madness is this

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Zyla posted:

You!

What would you do

if Donald Trump was the democratic nominee last fall.

Do you put on the hat?

Do you vote GOP?

Do you get really sad and drunk?

Things to consider: Everything you know currently about Donald Trump, with him slightly favoring democratic positions instead of shitlording about race.

as with the zuck vs trump scenario, the only option here is proletarian revolution

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

in what kind of universe does donald j trump become president much less the nominee of either party? what madness is this

I like how he bragged about how he "could win the presidency" due to these polls he ran dating back to the late 80's.

He kept saying this repeatedly and no one actually was like "Huh. I could see that". The assumption was he'd burn out Ross Perot style or something. Hell guys were egging him on to do so because everyone though it would be a flaming poo poo show that would be fun to watch.

Except...whoops. Turns out he was uh...right. Ross Perot was to Trump, what Barry Goldwater was to Reagan.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

His candidacy only worked because he said off-the-wall things that tricked the media into giving him free publicity

Attacking immigrants wouldn't work with Dem primary voters, so it would have to be something else: something that was Totally Crazy and You Can't Say That! and All Sensible, Serious People Agree Trump Has Really Stepped In It This Time! But not-so-secretly, most of the American people want it. On the right, that's immigration enforcement. On the left, it's Single Payer.

Unlike the GOP, the Senate Dems are too cowardly to eliminate the filibuster for their healthcare plan. A couple of Democucks (that would be a word in this alternate history, I am worldbuilding here) vote Nay but it doesn't matter, they don't get anywhere near 60 votes anyway.

So Obamacare remains in place, and nothing else is different either because he's just a self-aggrandizing rear end in a top hat and that's where his real values are anyway, bing bing bong

Dems hate immigrants possibly more than the GOP does. They just say it's for economic reasons they have to put kids in detention camps and only let you get temporary work visas that make it so you get paid less and have less legal protections than foreign tourists

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Dems hate immigrants possibly more than the GOP does. They just say it's for economic reasons they have to put kids in detention camps and only let you get temporary work visas that make it so you get paid less and have less legal protections than foreign tourists

shut the gently caress up

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Obama deported more people than W did and let ICE argue that toddlers could represent themselves in deportation court. Yeah that's pretty loving evil

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*sigh* yet again, an (fourth generation) immigrant is silenced by the tyrannical liberal majority

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KomradeX posted:

Obama deported more people than W did and let ICE argue that toddlers could represent themselves in deportation court. Yeah that's pretty loving evil

But he had such decorum

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Who'se his VP? A republican controlled house and senate would have begun impeachment proceedings January 21st and dems would be more likely to go along with it because they love their precious loving decorum and reaching across the aisle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

The Nastier Nate posted:

Who'se his VP? A republican controlled house and senate would have begun impeachment proceedings January 21st and dems would be more likely to go along with it because they love their precious loving decorum and reaching across the aisle.

a democratic win would likely not have resulted in a fully republican controlled house, and senate

which would result in trump bein' the dem's mess instead of ours

most likely, they would have bit the bullet and impeached him themselves, because :airquote:bipartisanship:airquote:

the poor things need to learn how to either scrap, or face annihilation, and i'd feel bad for them, and America, if i did not have these lovely checks to wipe ma crocodile tears with

• Locked thread