Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

timp posted:

fwiw it sounds like the Bears picked up Aguayo right after he was dropped, so at least he still has a shot at a career!

And he's battling the guy the Bucs cut last year after drafting Aguayo, Connor Barth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not going to lie, swapping Aguayo for Nick Folk feels like a sidegrade instead of an upgrade.

I've seen Folk shank a few key kicks in recent years as well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

I'm not going to lie, swapping Aguayo for Nick Folk feels like a sidegrade instead of an upgrade.

I've seen Folk shank a few key kicks in recent years as well.

I think Licht summed it up pretty well. At least with Folk you have some confidence he'll make it compared to Aguayo where you just know he's going to shank it.

Edit: Do you think the Ravens would've traded Tucker for a second round pick?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

It annoys me how likeable Jameis is.

McCoy carrying this show with his personality.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/898269607479263232

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wandler20 posted:

I think Licht summed it up pretty well. At least with Folk you have some confidence he'll make it compared to Aguayo where you just know he's going to shank it.

Edit: Do you think the Ravens would've traded Tucker for a second round pick?

Nah. He's essentially the teams 2nd or 3rd most popular player, which doesn't speak well of our skill position guys. I don't think they'd let him go for a 1st.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

After last night...

:thunk:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

After last night...

:thunk:

Yeah...... Ugh. Did you see Dirk's reaction of absolute disgust after the miss?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Yeah...... Ugh. Did you see Dirk's reaction of absolute disgust after the miss?

Folk was a bad choice. Now watch Aguayo suddenly get better in Chicago.

I still agree on the decision to cut him, but Folk was a bad loving choice.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Folk was a bad choice. Now watch Aguayo suddenly get better in Chicago.

I still agree on the decision to cut him, but Folk was a bad loving choice.

Folk was 87% last year which is decent. Not sure who else is even out there. I think the position is just cursed for the Bucs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

To borrow a phrase from finance, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Folk was 87% last year which is decent. Not sure who else is even out there. I think the position is just cursed for the Bucs.

This is because we let Bryant leave

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is because we let Bryant leave

Appreciate that btw

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember why it happened in the first place. Did he have a bad year or something?

Wiki says Bucs cut him for....

wait for it

Mike Nugent

Look like Bryant was hurt and Nugent just won the job outright. He then went 2-6 with 2 blocked through four games and was released. Then Connor Barth got the job and we know how that went.

It also indirectly led to the end of Lawrence Tynes career so maybe the Bucs really are cursed.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 18, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/noleitall1523/status/899355402546098176/video/1

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty cool

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Is Winston a rapist? It's like he's the complete opposite?

What world do I live in?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
More likely as a dumb overly entitled teenager he sexually assaulted some people and as an adult he's matured into a better person. People who commit monstrous acts are still people.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hard knocks star Joe Dirt doing some work:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/899659124228710400

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hopefully the Bucs cut him and the Phins pick him up.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

If Blair Walsh can make a career out of shanking kicks, then I have hope for Aguayo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/900046394400157696

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/17926/hard-knocks-bump-winstons-jersey-sales-climb-66-spots

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

If not for the rape allegations Jameis would be the perfect NFL story. You saw how and where dude grew up and how genuinely positive and charismatic he is, on top of being incredibly hard working and ambitious. His style of play is even fun and exciting. Its no surprise he's getting a bump.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
You're a millionaire Jameis, get them a new mattress at least!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/900865294658306048

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just getting around to watching episode 3 and holy poo poo Gruden and Rex just poo poo all over every QB that's ever played for them

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just getting around to watching episode 3 and holy poo poo Gruden and Rex just poo poo all over every QB that's ever played for them

Did I mishear Gruden say Rex's QBs were better than his? Because that makes little sense to me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

Did I mishear Gruden say Rex's QBs were better than his? Because that makes little sense to me.

Other way around, Rex said his guys were better than what Gruden had.

Grudens comment was about being in Tampa having to watch Jameis play after Rex said Winston was better than any QB he'd had.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Garcia and Brad Johnson were better than anything Rex has ever had though, that's what I was confused about.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Listen it was a hard diss on Trent Dilfer so let's not worry

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Rob Johnson and Chris Simms perhaps! Bruce Gradkowski!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Brian Griese?

Nah.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://youtu.be/JQi2M0wHgRw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Finally watched the last episode. I really enjoyed this season but I'm biased since the Bucs are my team. Last year with the Rams was boring as hell, and I think even if you're not a Bucs fan you can agree that this season was far better than last.

I would love if we were also the All Or Nothing team, just because I'd love to see more Gerald McCoy in his downtime. Hard Knocks definitely sealed him being my next jersey purchase.

• Locked thread