Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Spatulater bro! posted:

Hey guys what should my new avatar be?

The owner of Spatula City from UHF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

No essay is needed, just having Dr Strangelove exist concurrently with our present reality is enough.

Yeah i mean the chief lesson is Trump ain't nothing new or different. It's buffoonish bastards all the way down.

How did I miss this thread? I'm going to necro it even though what I have to say is super obvious

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Literally blown away that you have the beautiful Apu Trilogy and haven't watched Pather Panchali, legit one of the top 5 B&W films of all time.

It's like the Criterion set to end all Criterion sets.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Literally blown away that you have the beautiful Apu Trilogy and haven't watched Pather Panchali, legit one of the top 5 B&W films of all time.

It's like the Criterion set to end all Criterion sets.

You'd never imagine the films were ever in any compromised state because the restorations are that perfect.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Just lol if you didn't see it in theaters while they toured the restoration. :smuggo:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

You'd never imagine the films were ever in any compromised state because the restorations are that perfect.

I always wondered why it was taking so long for Criterion to get their hands on it, and then of course I find out the prints were lost in a fire 2 decades ago. :laffo:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I always wondered why it was taking so long for Criterion to get their hands on it, and then of course I find out the prints were lost in a fire 2 decades ago. :laffo:

Not prints, the original camera negatives. It also doesn't help that Indian cinema is generally preserved as well as sweaty gym shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

Not prints, the original camera negatives. It also doesn't help that Indian cinema is generally preserved as well as sweaty gym shorts.

That's what I meant. But no, I guess they were safer in India than they were in the UK haha

• Locked thread