Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Grey Hunter posted:

Just to let you guys know, I'm having real problems getting the game done now, the load times are long for the Sims, as its a terribly programmed lump of crap, and my kid has been waking early for a few weeks now. meaning by the time the game has loaded, I don't have time to do anything!
I can do WITP, but the load/save times are making this unrealistic. I'm not calling it dead yet, as his sleep patterns can switch randomly like any 18 month olds, but an hour in the morning is not enough when it takes 20 mins to get into the game! (Origin is the second slowest thing to load on my computer, adding 5 mins. for no apparent reason.)

This is why my old lp took over a year and finished really abruptly. Sims 3 is an annoying piece of poo poo and I'll never play it again now that 4 exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I wish I could say the same but I have an affection for the open world and story progression features, as glitchy as they are.

I'm also used to awful load times from my ten million files of CC and historically under spec laptops I played the game on tho, so I spend a lot of time listening to music and playing other video games at the same time. :v:

Understandable for people not as broke brained as me though, esp as increased save sizes cause the need to move towns or have a broken game and other such issues.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I absolutely love the absurdity of this LP. Obviously I hope it works out to continue, but if not I just want to say how much I've appreciated the run so far.

• Locked thread