Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
saw the thread title and immediately thought of our old forums friend fatmouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Bible never made money. It's poor. It's full of poor people.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've come to care about you. And also not in that way. Well, yeah, a little in that way. Half and half.

just lol if you don't see the genius in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhDyA7QcKE0

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Like I said before, the creator really didn't have anything planned for this show. The first two episodes we're just thrown together because he knew William's street would green light anything if it was cheap enough. Then he saw the seeds he accidently planted and decided to let them grow.

Matt Maiellaro posted:

It actually started out as a disjointed humor-fest, but maybe only to me.  I thought the show might stand alone in episodes, like Aqua Teen.  As I was finishing the pilot and starting the second episode, I snapped into the serial thing.  It somehow made sense that if what we saw didn’t make sense, there should be some sense to it.  If I introduce this new character at the end of [episode] one that we know nothing about, then we need to explore who this character is and what he wants [in the next episode].  It was by the end of [episode] two that I started mapping out this grid of characters and figuring out who was bad, who was good, and who might have been bad once but is now still in the middle.  Then, even from there, I didn’t quite know where the show was going, but I knew how it was supposed to ultimately end - which is not how we ended it with episode 20.

And that's where we are now. Episode three where Matt Maiellaro starts to run with it and God drat does he run with it.

We start out at night in fitzs home. He's trying to get some sleep but as you can see, he's not alone.

Regardless, Fitz misses out in that "being watched" feeling and we peer into his dreams.

🐁: No way. Is she supposed to be that small?

Now this shot here has always transfixed me. It's clear that these are lost memories but the question is what part of it is memory and what part of it is dream? Has shark been following him for years now or is that his dream warning him of Shark?

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Of interesting note; Fitz goes to flirt with man-woman and approaches via tactical flips over the bar and rappelling down the ceiling a la mission impossible hinting and some sort of military/covert ops background.

Boom! This is one of the first moments you get to see that there's something more than simple avant garde stoner comedy. It's one of the first puzzle pieces you can put together and if you're like me, it makes you hungry for more.

:bigtran: : Fitz are you done? It's real late
🐁 : I'm doner than you'll ever know.

letter posted:

Dear mouse

goodbye!

This shadowy figure talks in the dream but we can't understand him. The subtitles just list [warbling voice] but from context its clear he is interrogating Fitz.

🐁: I told you everything, and I'm through. I quit yesterday.

:30bux: : [warbling voice]

🐁: I just did it in front of your face.

:30bux: : [warbling voice]

Fitz awakens from his nightmare

🐁 posted:

Oh, my head. My brain. My... my beer

Still has his priorities in order.

I don't know how long Fitz has been sleeping (don't trust the clock) but he's still not alone and still being watched.

Let's take a moment to try and put together the dream. It's pretty straight forward but it's necessary to put the facts together.

Fitz was a government agent. A Fed of some sort with some pretty high clearance. He had a wife and they had a child together. I'm pretty sure this was the motivation for Fitz quitting but the man just wouldn't let him go. They did something to him but what.

Fitz finally realizes he's not quite alone

🐁 posted:

What's that nose? That ticking? That ticking is coming from the clock.
But a knock on the door distracts him and keeps our interloper from being truly discovered.

It's skillet! And he's got a package for mouse.

But first we find out that fitz isn't the only one having a hard time sleeping. Shark is awakened by a phone call from rectangular business man.

🦈: Hello?
⬛: Shark guy, we've decided that it's time that we had an important business meeting.
🦈: I was kind of hoping...I thought you were dead
⬛: I figured you were dumb enough to know you thought that.
🦈: Well, I guess that we... I knew that you knew that.
⬛: Ok but as everyone knows, I'm too rich to be dead.

Rectangular business man barges into the office in a classic power move.

He asks if shark had been getting the signals and we cut too man-woman airhorning an empty diner.

This shot is only up for a half second and if you're just watching the show for stoner laughs it's easy to miss the implication.

I feel that this is confirmation that man-woman works for rectangular business man. Man-woman acts as sort of a messenger and enforcer for his needs like when they bullied Eye into accepting that deal.

🦈: How much does he know?
⬛: How much does who know?
🦈: You know.

One would be forgiven for thinking that they are talking about Fitz but I don't think so. Right after this conversation we're shown the empty spot on the wall where clock normally hangs

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that the clock is now in Fitzs house.

And he's bitching about the loud clock.

Fitz finally opens the package and it's a glowing corn dog. Fitz walks out with the corn dog to see where it'll lead him.

As soon as Fitz leaves, the clock teleports away.

The scene cuts to a new character: Roostere

He's just standing there strumming his guitar and singing a song.

Roostere posted:

Some people like their cod
Some people slop them hogs
me, I do different
I grow big old fat corn dogs

The corn dog Fitz had leads then back to Roostere but I personally don't understand how or why. When the two meet it's pretty clear that Roostere isn't too familiar with Fitz at all.

Roostere posted:

You a mouse or a.. or, hell I don't know. I just thought you were a mouse or something. I mean you look like a drat mouse

I don't think Roostere sent that corn dog to Fitz. Hell even after their meeting the glowing corn dog tries to fly away but roostere sends some missiles to shoot it down. Where was it trying to go? Who was it reporting too?

I don't know who sent the corn dog but I feel it's the same person who sent this robotic bird

The two start drinking and Roostere is actually pretty helpful in explaining what's going on. But we the audience only hear half and Fitz is too drunk to realize he should be paying attention.

🐓 : And so now when I sleep I pull the covers over my ears because my sheets are bananas spies. Because people who don't see hear very well, and that square guy, he's going to get a nail up his rear end next time he floors over here, guaranteed.

🐁 : The no-eyes square guy.

🐓 : You know the one. Listen mouse, listen all around you and hear what they want you to hear. Me, I'm out. I'm far out. I'm so .... What'd I say?

🐁 : Square guy.

🐓 : Like freaking Bluto, man, you know? And you're in the middle, which unfortunately is in the way.

🐁 : So let me get this straight. You're out of beer? Or you're not out of beer?

We cut too Eye being awakened very rudely. He's been summoned to a meeting.

It's a slide show with shark narrorating

shark posted:

and then asprin was invented

shark posted:

A common cure for things that asprin cures.

shark posted:

leads to rabies

Unsure that his fellow cohorts understood, shark backs the slide show to asprin to make sure they get it. What is there to get? I forget but I'm pretty sure it'll be important near the end of the series.

When we cut back to the corn dog farm Roostere mentions that he was upset that a DJ named Muff was leaving his radio station. Roostere tries to get mouse moving all "come with me" but once again mouse is just too drunk. It finally hits Roostere.

Roostere posted:

You just don't get it do you, mouse?

Back in the corn dog farm the new guy sets upon skillet.

Cut to the bar and rectangular business man is hitting on the man form of man-woman.

rectangular business man posted:

hey, baby, I decided that since I'm a woman and you're a man that you would sleep over with me in my expensive bedding

I'm not sure what's up with rectangular business man. The other characters use male pronouns to refer to him but according to him he's a she. Even when man-woman gets up set at being hit in she asks peanut cop to "arrest this man"

Peanut cop though is too stoned to do anything other than shoot his own hat off.

We cut to eye in shark's office

eye posted:

I think that I am ver-eye ti-red of the ti-me.
ver-eye ti-red of the ti-me.
ver-eye ti-red of the ti-me gas!

The clock will not stand for being insulted and ranted at so it sweeps in and gases Eye.

Despite being right in it, shark doesn't seem affected and now that eye had calmed down shark asks

🦈 : You're what again?

👁️ : Eye-minent, fruitfully, Eye-minent

🦈 : I don't know what that means

You and me both shark.

🦈 : but, yes, you are.

Now we've known that the clock and shark are working together. They share an office after all but this is the first time we've seen how they keep their subordinates inline. Also this is the first hint we've gotten at unrest in the ranks.

We cut too morning and Fitz is only now realizing that skillet is gone. Fitz picks up the papers and looks shocked at them but we the audience don't get to read them.

We come across skillet in an awkward position.

New guy dances and songs for skillet and it seems to hypnotize the rodent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXXnWdGPmo

new guy posted:

passion time and painted smile
tropical liaisons wet and wild
mingle and chime and ladder climb
for glamour and for gold
the jet set meets the maritime
where love is bought and sold
stones are searching deep within
for lying eyes will always win
dusk to Dawn she trawls
and your will is dying

here's the full song

We're back in the office and shark as a new job for Fitz.

Shark posted:

Do you like corn dogs, Butch? Don't- don't say yes, because I hate corn dogs. It is "Butch" isn't it?

This shark knows way too much

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 31, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I'm liking this and I hope you go all the way through the series regardless of the ire of other posters here. In fact, keep going because you're "rustling their jimmies" so to speak.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I was legit disappointed that they only did one webisode or w/e after the show got cancelled

They could've covered hella ground

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Have you guys seen true detective? I haven't. But there's an interesting theory it in the web that 12 oz mouse was the main inspiration for the show.

massive spoilers for 12 oz mouse inside

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Never seen it never will this looks cool tho OP thank you

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Doing some independent research it looks like I failed to note something important in that last update.

When we cut back to the corn dog farm Roostere mentions that he was upsetb that ba DJ named Muff was leaving his radio station. Roostere tries to get mouse moving all "come with me" but once again mouse is just too drunk. It finally hits Roostere.

Roostere posted:

You just don't get it do you, mouse?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I love 12oz Mouse and I love this thread, thank you :o)

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I miss the old days, the purple haze, the mayonnaise and the fricken A's my man

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
op did a good post

op please do more like this thread about a good show rather than sucking up to fyad about :gb2fyad: posts in gbs

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Crash_N_Burn posted:

I miss the old days, the purple haze, the mayonnaise and the fricken A's my man

eating ketchup sandwiches under the christmas tree is what golden joe said at the end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
op is doing Eris' work

keep it up my dude

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
thread owns please do every episode i wanna be all :aaaaa:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah it's good

i like the shark

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I don't think I've ever seen proper lyrics to Princess Cruiser. The DVD's subtitles aren't even consistent when transcribing the same lines that repeat throughout the show.

Pretty sure "Passion time in painted smiles" is "Passion hides in painted smiles" and "Stones are searching deep within" is supposed to be "Storms are surging deep within"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

I don't think I've ever seen proper lyrics to Princess Cruiser. The DVD's subtitles aren't even consistent when transcribing the same lines that repeat throughout the show.

Pretty sure "Passion time in painted smiles" is "Passion hides in painted smiles" and "Stones are searching deep within" is supposed to be "Storms are surging deep within"

Yeah I've come across this problem during this let's watch. I thought about it long and hard and I felt the best course of action would be to transcribe what the subtitles state rather than try my own interpretation.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah I've come across this problem during this let's watch. I thought about it long and hard and I felt the best course of action would be to transcribe what the subtitles state rather than try my own interpretation.

There are a few other errors in the subtitles so I wouldn't take them at their word. If I'm remembering correctly, in a much later episode Golden Joe says "Gimme a gat, I give you a heart attack" but the subtitles say "Gimme a gun" instead.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

When we join back up with Fritz he's back at home and it's night time again. His phone (that blue box and mic) is ringing but he seems a little too preoccupied at the moment.

Regardless Fitz picks up the phone to find shark on the other line.

🦈: Hey it's me. Your buddy. How are you

🐁: I couldn't be busier.

🦈: Doing what?

🐁: I'm... I'm on this phone.

Now see this is where a lot of the confusion comes from this show. Taken at face value it's just a funny stoner line. Personally I see something more. That pregnant pause, the way he says it coupled with a bit of eye movement. It's almost like the spider told Fitz to answer the phone and act normal.

🦈: If I were you, I would not check my icebox. Wouldn't check yours either.

Of course Fitz goes and checks the icebox

🦈: What's in there in the icebox? Get on your little, tiny mousy tiptoes. Tell me what's in the icebox.

It's a frozen phone and it's ringing.

Fitz never does answer shark though as the spider starts spazzing out.

Pretty sure that arrow is meant as a threat.

Rhoda posted:

...and the word is, and I'm not saying this is what I think, know, or have heard to be true. Seriously, but Liquor said that mouse is up to his cans. Yeah, not only that, the New Guy, I heard he got out, right, like someone got him out, and he got a thing for squirrels. I'm not talking as though he's cheesy green up on 'em. I'm saying more like equadorian sleep, if you get the picture.

Oh, and another thing, Roostere... you know Roostere? Up on the farm guy? All right, well, Liquor also says that a letter accidently got delivered to him, but before he could open it, boom! Just like that, Clock shows up next thing he remembers it's day 97.

It's these short little odd conversations that really cements the fact that this is a noir story. The themes and dialogue just fit the genre.

It's really kind of hard to figure out what Rhoda is saying but I need to take a shot at it.

Mouse being up to his cans. I feel this one has a double meaning but I won't be able to prove that till much later with out spoiling it. It's obvious meaning is that Fitz is in trouble and in deep but I also feel it's about Fitz's drinking.

It's pretty clear that he's also taking about new guy and skillet. I can really only assume that "equadorian sleep" refers to the hypnosis. That said though it's interesting to learn that new guy is no longer working for shark. Even more interesting to learn that he had help in getting out.

Fitz crashes the party though and Rhoda seems reluctant to continue the conversation.

Fitz remarks that Eye seems to see everything and invite him to come fly away with him. But that's all that we see if that for now.

Shark is back in his office with clock and that robotic insect. I'm not sure who he's talking too though since neither talk back. However we do get closeups of the insect as shark talks which leads me to think that's who's being ordered around.

Shark posted:

Set up the cameras. No, the 50 millimeter. Yes, the only ones we have, the hidden ones. Duh, I'm still looking at you not setting up the cameras. I'm, you know, just planning my day. How long do you think I'll be watching you no do what I told you to do?

We catch up with skillet who is thankfully still alive.

The hypnosis has worn off and skillet makes his escape.

Eye and Fitz make it back to Fitz's house. His house is covered in little red dots. Fitz asks if Eye can see "it" but eye says no. It's clear fast that they aren't talking about the red dots because even Fitz says it's gone. An arrow is what he is missing.

Eye makes his way out and Fitz shots at the red dots. Looks like he knows they are cameras.

No big surprise as to which watching.

There seems to be some important papers thrown about. But skillet soon walks in to tell Fitz about new guy.

As it turns out shark is looking to hear a tale as well.

🦈: You know, uh, I'm a shark

🉑: Yeah, thank you.

🦈: I attack when I'm hungry. It's instinctual, you know?

🉑: Mm-hmm, thank you.

🦈: It's like one minute I'm just hanging out watching lemmings go by, lemmings who might need money--probably not, but you never know. Part of me just says hey, whatever. And then something goes off in my brain and sends an impulse to my jaw and Bam! One thousand pounds of pressure lock in like a press, you know what I mean?

🉑: I know what you mean, and thank you.

🦈: I mean, a head your size would burst like an infected kidney. And all I'd remember was how warm the juices were that lapped the back of my uvula on their trip down to stomachland.

🉑: Yes, sir.

🦈: But we're friends right? We know each other. We know what we do and who we talk to and what we say to them.

🉑: We do.

🦈: I knew we did. Now let's talk about that letter Liquor got.

We catch Fritz and skillet just in time to see clock teleport in and gas them.

Under the influence of the gas, Fitz burns the papers.

As you no doubt saw coming from a mile away

The pair breaks into a music store to start new careers as rock stars. Naturally.

Sadly the long arm of the law shows up.

peanut cop posted:

What song was that? cause it totally rocks! Rock and roll!

To be fair it is a great song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wINm6KG1ASw

Liquor reading a letter posted:

Dear Dad

I have spent over ten years and $94,000 putting together my mosquito costume, and now I am pleased to announce that I have become a mosquito. The costume is quite realistic, and I have even attached bladders to the nose thing, so I can suck up liquids when I puncture them with my nose thing. I could be buzzing all around you in a hot summer day, and you wouldn't even recognize me as your son child. You would just think "get away, mosquito."

From my point of view you would be 3,000 dads because of the way I've designed the eyeballs. I might be saying "Dad, it's me; dad its me," but you wouldn't be able to understand my language because of its buzzing.

I'm also into plastics now. I am making plastic tubes that you can suck liquids through, kind of like my mosquito nose but used for different reasons. Hope you're doing well at camp. See you soon.

Mos-Mosquito-mosquitor? Mosquiting?

If we recall Rhoda talking with Eye, I think that letter was for Roostere.

Fitz song was so good he's already got himself a record deal.

🦈: What's this?

🐁: My new record. It's called, um...f-off

🦈: Is it good?

🐁: Mm-hm m

🦈: So you've been making records?

🐁: No.

🦈: 'Cause, uh, I've always kind of wanted to be in a band

🐁: No way. What do you play?

🦈: I play, uh, with minds. Shh! Go home and think about that. And don't look under your bed.

Skillet provides the music for the ride home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Rh_i6c1Ik

This is one of the best animated scenes in the entire show. Skillet isn't just smashing the drums, they took the time to make sure he hits the right drums for the right notes. For as lazy as everything else is done in the she, they went all out for this drum solo.

We get a quick scan of somewhere different but that's all we get. Again very noir

Back home, Fitz looks under the bed

Shark on the phone posted:

Did you find my record? You found it didn't you? Now spin it!

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 1, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That's prob my fave single episode, or one of them. It's really menacing and we get the biggest and weirdest hints of what's to come

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Skillet provides the music for the ride home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Rh_i6c1Ik

This is one of the best animated scenes in the entire show. Skillet isn't just smashing the drums, they took the time to make sure he hits the right drums for the right notes. For as lazy as everything else is done in the she, they went all out for this drum solo.

drat, how did I not notice Skillet used a drumstick in its tail :eyepop:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

precision posted:

That's prob my fave single episode, or one of them. It's really menacing and we get the biggest and weirdest hints of what's to come

The way shark delivers that last life. I love it. It's really my favorite quote it is the entire show

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

At one point during Shark's conversation with Rhoda, Golden Joe warps in to get a drink, but as soon as he notices Shark he warps right the gently caress back out of there mid sentence. Almost everyone is terrified of Shark except for Fitz.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this poo poo is not worth anyone's time.

if they had a good idea for a story they should have made it watchable instead of throwing it in the adult swim dumpster and having someone's retarded 5 year old nephew animate it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Mr. Unlucky posted:

this poo poo is not worth anyone's time.

if they had a good idea for a story they should have made it watchable instead of throwing it in the adult swim dumpster and having someone's retarded 5 year old nephew animate it.

but then it wouldn't be half as interesting or funny

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

It still got 2 seasons which is more than you can say for most adult swim shows

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"I play uh... with minds" and "Did you find my record? You found it didn't you. NOW SPIN IT"

the guy who voiced Shark should get more work

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

precision posted:

"I play uh... with minds" and "Did you find my record? You found it didn't you. NOW SPIN IT"

the guy who voiced Shark should get more work

its the guy who produced sealab and archer

love on the cheap
Aug 5, 2008

hamtaro posted:

lets watch wonder showzen

this is a pro idea also

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
rip thread

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did you know that radar spelled backwards is radar? Your thinking about it ain't you?

I'll have an update tomorrow

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tomorrow was too late, now is time :geno:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Did you know that radar spelled backwards is radar? Your thinking about it ain't you?

wb dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

DoombatINC posted:

Tomorrow was too late, now is time :geno:

:golfclap:

• Locked thread