Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Feranon posted:

hmm, I disagree

misanthropy is lazy and cowardly and bougie as gently caress

but if you're really not down w/ human existence then hey, you're free to go right ahead and die :)

Agree unironically, nihilism is the worst and a symptom of the disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol if you care about dying. i'll be dead i won't give a poo poo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Nebakenezzer posted:

Agree unironically, nihilism is the worst and a symptom of the disease

but you try telling a nihilist that and it's like they don't even care

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

trump good?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jose posted:

lol if you care about dying. i'll be dead i won't give a poo poo

We're all already dead. Where do you think this is?

bartlett
Dec 13, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what would happen if all humans did in fact die one day? Would the planet really be better off?

Answer: No, you idiots who claim this. The Earth would one die perish in a fiery solar storm as the sun went nova and took out the inner four planets in one titanic purge (as in everything dies). Geez, read Asimov once in a while and stop trying to project your secret suicide fantasies on other people for a change.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

bartlett posted:

I wonder what would happen if all humans did in fact die one day? Would the planet really be better off?

Answer: No, you idiots who claim this. The Earth would one die perish in a fiery solar storm as the sun went nova and took out the inner four planets in one titanic purge (as in everything dies). Geez, read Asimov once in a while and stop trying to project your secret suicide fantasies on other people for a change.

Yes thank you for letting us know that one day the sun will go nova and take out our planet which will likely have an atmosphere composed mostly of supercritical carbon dioxide by that time.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
hate to dull your edge bro but even if every nuke on the planet gets used we'll probably survive as a species (just get knocked back into the bronze age and thinned down to <10k)

but yeah, at the end of the day the only thing you should fear is not death, but pain. since death from nukes is painless and nothing happens after you die it makes sense to just maximize pleasure and lob nukes like water balloons on a hot summer day if anyone doesn't like it

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Baloogan posted:

nothing lasts forever, but im pretty sure we're gonna colonize the stars

elon musk guide the way

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Is misanthropy still bougie if I also hate myself?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lol if you think anything short of a planet killing asteroid is going to wipe humanity out

homo sapiens sapiens is this planets most aggressive and adaptable creature, we out-murdered and out-hosed all of our competition while were still scratching at rocks, spread to and domesticated every part of the globe, and have become so powerful that we’re changing global climate and driving the planet into a mass extinction event without even trying

there’s so many of us that billions of people could die without appreciably slowing the progress of the species

humanity will spread to the stars, and it’s gonna be bad news for everyone else out there

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Wheeee posted:

lol if you think anything short of a planet killing asteroid is going to wipe humanity out

I like how we've convinced ourselves that "greenhouse effect" is somehow not on the same tier of threat as "asteroid impact"

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
good idea, let's start with the OP

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

bartlett posted:

man the sun dont gently caress around

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

misanthropy is the truth and the light

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
humans are just following the proud tradition of earth life driving itself to extinction. how do you think we have so much oxygen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

does this thread violate the new forum rule?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People who die are just taking the easy way out, you'll have to kill me before I die!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

can the killbots also be sexbots? this is very important imo

did somebody say killer sexbots :twisted:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
death by robot snu snu

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

If there was a button that would wipe out humanity and you wouldn't press that button, you're an incredibly selfish misanthrope projecting your bourgeois desire to live onto the world's oppressed majority.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Sidakafitz posted:

If there was a button that would wipe out humanity and you wouldn't press that button, you're an incredibly selfish misanthrope projecting your bourgeois desire to live onto the world's oppressed majority.

having the ability to end all life on earth and not doing it is the ultimate troll :smugdon:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
does trump hace stairs in his house

is he baloogan

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

got any sevens posted:

humans are just following the proud tradition of earth life driving itself to extinction. how do you think we have so much oxygen

and oil!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

having the ability to end all life on earth and not doing it is the ultimate troll :smugdon:

I don't want to end all life on earth. Just humanity

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lol, just lol @ being a human who hates humans

y'alls stupid walking contradiction-asses may as well convert to evangelical protestantism that says all humans are inherently worthless trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Feranon posted:

lol, just lol @ being a human who hates humans

y'alls stupid walking contradiction-asses may as well convert to evangelical protestantism that says all humans are inherently worthless trash

but i dont believe in cloudman

• Locked thread