Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
We're a pox on the planet and it should be given a chance to heal and let some other less vicious species have a go. We'd need to take out chimps too as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

yeah as long as the chimps die first im on board

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

careful now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

orangs are gentle creatures and wouldn't be included

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
nothing lasts forever, but im pretty sure we're gonna colonize the stars

elon musk guide the way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we're far more likely to kill ourselves and everything else on the planet than colonise space because we're a hateful and vicious species

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

humans really are disgusting w/ their skin n their flesh
get em outta here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

scoop if true

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

We're a pox on the planet and it should be given a chance to heal and let some other less vicious species have a go. We'd need to take out chimps too as a result

we're going to kill every other kind of living thing that we don't eat

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

disagree, we should all just leave earth on a bunch of big space boats and find other planets to live on

i call mars, its mine, gently caress off i saw it first you cant have it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i have no doubt we're taking over the solar system

by the time we're looking at other stars we're likely not going to be very human by that point so meh

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we're gonna be roughly-primate-shaped sex robots colonizing the galaxy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and you would know this if ur read my sci fi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

disagree, we should all just leave earth on a bunch of big space boats and find other planets to live on

i call mars, its mine, gently caress off i saw it first you cant have it

we've hosed up this planet really badly we shouldn't do it to others

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we changed this planet from one where you couldn't order same day delivery thermal socks into one that u can get same day delivery thermal socks

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
earth is the best its ever been and getting better every day

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tho realtalk "humanity was a mistake" pretends that that's just the way things are and not that monumentally lovely people have been left unchecked by an uncaring populace for far too long

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Baloogan posted:

earth is the best its ever been and getting better every day

it is sending us warm regards

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Jose have you been watching cable news lately

Use your data science abilities to calculate how long it'd take killbots to cull the species down to an acceptable population (say one billion)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the only acceptable number is 0

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zyla posted:

*the monkey's paw curls*

*descendants of slaveowners melt into amorphous unsapient biosludge*

that's not what a monkey's paw does!
:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jose posted:

the only acceptable number is 69

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Nebakenezzer posted:

Jose have you been watching cable news lately

Use your data science abilities to calculate how long it'd take killbots to cull the species down to an acceptable population (say one billion)

can the killbots also be sexbots? this is very important imo

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol I saw the thread title and loving knew it would be Jose who posted it

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

hmm, I disagree

misanthropy is lazy and cowardly and bougie as gently caress

but if you're really not down w/ human existence then hey, you're free to go right ahead and die :)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feranon posted:

hmm, I disagree

but if you're really not down w/ human existence then hey, you're free to go right ahead and die :)

This right here

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Feranon posted:

hmm, I disagree

it is possible to both hate everything but still want to do right by your fellow anthropod

if you can't do the latter, then by all means take the oxycontin plunge

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's all configured in software, so nothing prevents you from flashing your own open source firmware to turn a killbot into a sexbot, or vice versa if that's more your kink

just don't flash sexbot firmware into an aibo you creeps

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Can't stop thinking about those sexy killbots

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Feranon posted:

Counterpoint: Your carbon footprint

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Feranon posted:

hmm, I disagree

if killing myself also killed everyone else i'd do it gladly but it won't

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

if killing myself also killed everyone else i'd do it gladly but it won't

i think ur over-reacting jose, rafa ain't going to everton

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Counterpoint: Your carbon footprint

tbh I don't think the vast majority of people deserve to have their carbon footprint held against them, contrary to :smug: liberal belief. not even the coal rolling redneck idiots. we're all just itsy bitsy specks in a consumer culture that promotes and rewards ignorance, and has been built around the extensive use of fossil fuel and automobiles for pretty much every-drat-thing. the rich assholes who made it that way to further enrich themselves, and the rich assholes who are keeping it that way to stay further enriched, and the officials who do their bidding all represent a very tiny and lovely minority of the human population and should be guillotined asap.

us regular folks can take measures to avoid waste and overconsumption, and we can even feel warm and fuzzy and pat ourselves on the back about it if we want. but even people who aren't conscious of their carbon footprint are just living life on the most enjoyable terms they can in the soul-sucking world rich assholes constructed for them.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Climate Change has been personalized and made to be about individual action instead of holding the 70 largest polluting corporations responsible.

The March for Science was a bunch of suburban Libs grabbing rear end instead of holding the oil lobby accountable for their very real climate change denial actions.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Duscat posted:

it's all configured in software, so nothing prevents you from flashing your own open source firmware to turn a killbot into a sexbot, or vice versa if that's more your kink

just don't flash sexbot firmware into an aibo you creeps

my sex/killbot runs on freeBSD

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
mods please change the title of this thread to "Hannity being wiped out would be cool and good"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
op is right

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Fallen Hamprince posted:

If sexbots were also killbots occasionally that might be enough

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Feranon posted:

tbh I don't think the vast majority of people deserve to have their carbon footprint held against them, contrary to :smug: liberal belief. not even the coal rolling redneck idiots. we're all just itsy bitsy specks in a consumer culture that promotes and rewards ignorance, and has been built around the extensive use of fossil fuel and automobiles for pretty much every-drat-thing. the rich assholes who made it that way to further enrich themselves, and the rich assholes who are keeping it that way to stay further enriched, and the officials who do their bidding all represent a very tiny and lovely minority of the human population and should be guillotined asap.

us regular folks can take measures to avoid waste and overconsumption, and we can even feel warm and fuzzy and pat ourselves on the back about it if we want. but even people who aren't conscious of their carbon footprint are just living life on the most enjoyable terms they can in the soul-sucking world rich assholes constructed for them.

You sound like a misanthropist since you're trying to justify human extinction tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Frijolero posted:

Climate Change has been personalized and made to be about individual action instead of holding the 70 largest polluting corporations responsible.

The March for Science was a bunch of suburban Libs grabbing rear end instead of holding the oil lobby accountable for their very real climate change denial actions.

It actually needs to be about both things. Also the paper you are talking about only looks at pollution by CO2e footprint not by plastic proliferation, deforestation, soil misuse, etc... metrics.

• Locked thread