Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Piglet posted:

I probably won't bother with mumble since I have no mic (it's a VOIP thing, right?). I'm more used to IRC.

If only there was an option that combined both of these great flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!

Phi230 posted:

Well are we gonna go on the EU or NA server because uh I'm from NA

I'm on NA. I caught it before I let it railroad me on to EU

edit:

30.5 Days posted:

If only there was an option that combined both of these great flavors.
Well, I'll be. Ok, downloaded.

Piglet fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 19, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Piglet didn't you play at Bearback Mountain in Wurm way back in like 2008-9ish?

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
Ya, i did. That was when i first started playing wurm

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

GreaseGunner posted:

Hello boys,

We have a group of about six goons who are all looking to get into the MMO, so far we have not been able to do much because of all the connection issues. If any of you are interested in grouping up with us we use our own private mumble server.

Address - grover.house
Port - 64738
Password - lljk

We all played a good bit of LIF:YO so for the most part we know what we're doing

mumble is saying "wrong certificate or password" when I try to connect

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
whats your name

also discord is poo poo and goes down all the time among a host of other problems

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
We're on Discord now because we're inviting randoms and mumble is like speaking a foreign language to them.

Discord Link - https://discord.gg/ZQuMy4z

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If anything we have the Mumble for a backup.

We need something sellable to get a copper coin for plopping the claim, and bone glue seems gated behind getting metalworking/iron, so I'm thinking crafted materials preparation poo poo like pottery/glass stuff might be valuable enough. Whoever's going down that route might want to get some crafted goods made. Leaving poo poo laying on the ground is dangerous for two reasons, one being anyone can take it obviously, and two being that the decay rate is high enough you might not see your stuff there anymore when you log back on.

In the meantime, we need 40 prepared herbs and 100 bones. I have something like 45 in my inventory, so whoever else found some make sure you keep them on you so they don't decay. See here: https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Monument

Also, for the future, remember keeps have a slot in them for the monument to better protect it, so wherever we put the claim it should be in a large enough area that someday we can possibly put a keep down. Just something to consider.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I'M GONNA EAT THE APPLES

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

30.5 Days posted:

I'M GONNA EAT THE APPLES

gently caress YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So. Is this an actual MMO or just larger servers with a prebuilt town, the same survival mechanics where you starve to death if you don't eat enough raw carrots and a group of people in platemail roaming the server murdering all they see?

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Just joined the game as Legikous Boommaker. I left the noob island and got dumped in a snowy mountain area. How do I find you guys?

Draax
Oct 12, 2011
I might pick this up earlier this week, how horrible does it seem for the casual player? Big fan of UO and Darkfall style games but work & Destiny 2 is a bitch for time right now.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Draax posted:

I might pick this up earlier this week, how horrible does it seem for the casual player? Big fan of UO and Darkfall style games but work & Destiny 2 is a bitch for time right now.

I'll put it this way, the more people we have, the less horrible it is for the casual player. That said, skillgain seems veeeeeeery sloooooow but luckily you can queue up infinite actions.

Nizumzen
Oct 8, 2017
I'm waiting for the constant patching and the server downtime to come to an end before I really get into this game. Looking forward to it though. Shame I'm playing on EU and most of you guys appear to be on the NA server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
enjoy this horrible game in the new thread.

• Locked thread