Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cleretic posted:

I've been considering getting Stan for access to the CW's stuff, but I'm not sure, is Romper Stomper okay enough for me to accept giving money to the people airing it? The ads I got before Youtube videos looked awfully 'glamorizing racist fuckwads'.

The creator of Romper Stomper seems like a bit of a oval office also.

edit: From the ads that I've seen for the series, it looks like it's pulling a both sides thing which is completely gutless in this political climate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Hah almost fell for that. drat I'm dumb af.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

haha the url works

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That Stan series of Wolf Creek was the goddamn worst.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Testekill posted:

edit: From the ads that I've seen for the series, it looks like it's pulling a both sides thing which is completely gutless in this political climate.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was responding to. Although I'd disagree that it was pulling a 'both sides' narrative from the one promo I kept seeing, it looked more likethe 'patriots' were intended as antiheroes we were meant to root for. Which, y'know, gently caress that, but I admit I haven't seen it and don't know if that holds!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah Stan's got a pretty good range of shows.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Stan is the Anidav of streaming services.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Actually I am Presto

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
NEW YEAR, NEW THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've always held that the greatest thing the ADF could ever do to make Australia safer is to issue their soldiers with shovels, hammers and saws and teach them how to build infrastructure in our dirt poor neighbours.

Clean water, electricity, an international school of the air, directly improve the lives of everyone around us. A million different way, big and small, to do the right thing.

You know, being the good guys.

Instead we're perfectly content to let even our vassal states, like Nauru, rot and suffer :(

Wasn't the Roman army, aside from being one of the first professional armies in history, essentially a massive engineer corps? They already knew how to build poo poo (from building fortifications) and so setting them to build roads, aqueducts or other infrastructure was a piece of piss. Despite the Romans actually having a standing army, the only province that actually needed a year round garrison was Britain, because happy people don't need so much repressing.

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
hello friends

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
why would anyone make a series of wolf creek. it's meant to be an almost unbearable two hours, you're not left wanting more, that's kind of the point. same goes for romper stomper. actually the same is true of most decently written movies, which is exactly why this nightmare wasteland of sequels and adaptations we're wandering in is going to starve our culture to death without some sort of miracle

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
i felt quite positive about australia while i was living in the inner west but now i'm in newcastle and my positivity has evaporated like magic

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

australiar posted:

why would anyone make a series of wolf creek. it's meant to be an almost unbearable two hours, you're not left wanting more, that's kind of the point. same goes for romper stomper. actually the same is true of most decently written movies, which is exactly why this nightmare wasteland of sequels and adaptations we're wandering in is going to starve our culture to death without some sort of miracle

capitalism

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
my old nemesis, the golden calf

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

australiar posted:

i felt quite positive about australia while i was living in the inner west but now i'm in newcastle and my positivity has evaporated like magic
Newcastle is so much better than the Inner West though?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

australiar posted:

Waiting for the Queen of the Desert Series.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
The Loved Ones

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Seachange reboot please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Off you gently caress fuckos, thanks to Mith for getting this done despite me giving people like four loving days to beat JBP to the post.

• Locked thread