Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Getting sick of this sort of stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

the dreams in which im bottoming are the best ive ever had

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Liquid Drink posted:

In an interview with Glixel, Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann said that some male focus testers for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End got very upset by Nadine overpowering Nathan, and very upset at Nathan’s kid in the epilogue being a girl.

“… we had to ask one guy to leave. In his core, it just affected him. He was cursing, "Not you, too, Naughty Dog! Goddammit. I guess I'm done with Uncharted, if you guys ever make another one, with his daughter. This loving bullshit.”

This just in

"gamers" are trash human beings too stupid to do anything other than scream and cry and throw handfuls of poo poo at each other all day

if you describe or identify yourself as a "gamer", cut your tongue out with a butterknife please, you wont ever have anything intelligent to say because im sorry but you're clinically braindead from sheer idiot media consumption

this is what happens when we fill up the earth with dumb trash garbage people, i suggest castration and lobotomy

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

nightwisher posted:

This just in

"gamers" are trash human beings too stupid to do anything other than scream and cry and throw handfuls of poo poo at each other all day

if you describe or identify yourself as a "gamer", cut your tongue out with a butterknife please, you wont ever have anything intelligent to say because im sorry but you're clinically braindead from sheer idiot media consumption

this is what happens when we fill up the earth with dumb trash garbage people, i suggest castration and lobotomy

Semper games, bitch.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Bump

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is this also u bbg?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-need-to-get-better-at-discussing-diversity-and-representation-issues-update-read-op.8835/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bump

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Oh good I’m glad the games subforum can have a serious discussion about representation in media without immediately having poo poo rush to the brain.

“Gamer” culture is cancer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

unwantedplatypus posted:

Oh good I’m glad the games subforum can have a serious discussion about representation in media without immediately having poo poo rush to the brain.

As a poc this post blows.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

frajaq posted:

why did you only use female examples, where are the male sexualization examples

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

unwantedplatypus posted:

This

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

definitely still gay

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

frajaq posted:

why did you only use female examples, where are the male sexualization examples

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral
May 30, 2009

hachi machi

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

oooh spicy

awooooooga

Grapplejack posted:

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

oh mama

drat, nice

hot stuff

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are traps gay?

e: asking for a friend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Are traps gay?

e: asking for a friend
imo this meme has sucked ever since weird alt-right types co-opted it and breitbart editors started tweeting about it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The answer is yes, it's a subset of gay culture

Endorph posted:

imo this meme has sucked ever since weird alt-right types co-opted it and breitbart editors started tweeting about it

yeah p much

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Expanding universe brain: Are traps gay... If you're a woman?

Endorph posted:

oh, ick.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

Gamers ftw, actually.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
One big issue is that a lot of games are made by the Japanese. While it is clear that Japan is regressive on social justice issues when compared to western nations, I think that outsiders should tread very carefully when criticizing a culture that is not their own. We shouldn't ask their cultural works to conform to our standards, and I don't that censoring them is the answer.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Konstantin posted:

One big issue is that a lot of games are made by the Japanese. While it is clear that Japan is regressive on social justice issues when compared to western nations, I think that outsiders should tread very carefully when criticizing a culture that is not their own. We shouldn't ask their cultural works to conform to our standards, and I don't that censoring them is the answer.

It’s not censoring them to ask for better characters, more diverse characters, and better representation. They are selling to a world wide market here, not just japan.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Liquid Drink posted:

It’s not censoring them to ask for better characters, more diverse characters, and better representation. They are selling to a world wide market here, not just japan.

Their characters are good enough. It is western devs that should emulate Japanese devs characterization.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thanks for the write up OP but tbh I'm not quite sure what your point is. Unless I'm not understanding something you don't really seem to be calling for any specific actions or positing any theory other than "making women into sexual objects is bad" and "female characters should have good writing, not bad writing."

I guess I'll just nod sagely.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

same, op

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 14, 2018

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
there should be more fat chicks in video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
fat dudes too in fact there should be a lot more normal body types for all genders in video games im tired of body builders and bikini models

• Locked thread