Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Okay, a question: I used a couple of Rare Equipment Summon tickets and got some higher-end stuff, including a nifty-looking shield from a red gem that says "Holy Knight only." Great, Logi is a Holy Knight with the job maxed at L3. I check Gear, and it's not available for him.

If I check Enhance Equipment, it IS available for me to shove into some random bit of terrible equipment if I was dumb enough to do that.

How do I get equipment like that to be equippable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Equipment is for leveling up your Jobs. When you max out a Job you can Enhance the final equipment items for a little more stats.
Gear is the slots above Equipment that is permanent stat boosting items often with special effects.

Yes it's silly.
I'm assuming the Shield you got is the Sacred Shield, which is used in Job Levels 9-11 leveling I assume (definitely 11).

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 31, 2018

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Which I can safely ignore for a while, then, as Logi only goes up to job level 3 for that so far.

I'm plugging away at Chapter 1, Ep 2, 3.x and enjoying Dias being a China doll.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So I see that event quests have pretty much all the job and evolution component quests up today. Any of them that a newcomer should pound on in particular?

I've bumped Logi and Dias up to Holy and Dark Knight so far. My other units of note are Suzuka, Vettel, an evolved-to-4* Almira, a Reagen I haven't done anything with yet, Tyrfing and Kanon from the crossover quest lines, Annerose currently as a Crafter, Mia, Freed, and assorted 3*s.

Also, is there somewhere specific early on to build up zeni? It's a limiting factor for me right now. AP seems to be filling faster than I can spend it for now.

EDIT: Never mind about zeni. I just wandered into the shop and found "Do you want to convert ingots to Zeni?" and yowza.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 1, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Every weekend you'll get a set of keys for clearing the daily missions that lets you unlock Gold/XP/Gearxp dungeons for 30 minutes of unlimited runs, the same ones that pop up 3/day. That's a great way to burn excess energy. I can clear 600+ energy in a single key at this point though, so I'll likely never run out.

Also just do multiplayer for evolution/job unlock stuff. They'll eventually get to the point where you can easily solo them all, they cost half as much stamina and are always open and give tokens you can use for XP apples or whatever. I mostly just do Goddess Worship for the rainbow ones for my daily multiplayer missions, and run the rest as needed.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 1, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

For those who didn't see the patch notes, Hard quests are now available for:
Carris
Lamia
Zangetsu
Lucian
Lofia
Reida
Chihaya
Rahu
Freed
Reagan

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

DemonMage posted:

For those who didn't see the patch notes, Hard quests are now available for:
Carris
Lamia
Zangetsu
Lucian
Lofia
Reida
Chihaya
Rahu
Freed
Reagan

great news because my Zangetsu is close to J3

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Does anyone else play this game on an Android and suffer from terrible performance? I really want to dive deep into this game but the lag on my Pixel is so noticeable. Pretty much every action I try to do is accompanied by a half second micro-lag stutter in the animation which makes no sense for a game with these graphics. I've been checking back over the last couple months for hopeful performance updates but it seems like it's not an issue they care enough to tackle. If anyone has had these issues, was there anything you did to fix it?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Once in a while, I'll see some stuttering when a battlefield is first loading but after that it's smooth on my Moto G5+.

I found out the fun part about Auto combat.

Caris: I'll go first. *starts charging*
Dias: I'm next, I'll run over here in front of you and fight this nearby thief.
Caris: *shoots Dias in the back of the loving head*

On the plus side, I hit level 50 so I can start evolving my 4*s to 5*s. The Reagen quest I see listed will be awesome once I get there because I could really use a sniper with his range.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Approaching the end of Chapter 1 with my main team (Suzuka, Caris, Chloe, Kanon) cruising along nicely. Vettel, Lofia, Job2 Chihaya, Mia, Dias, Logi, Tyrfing, Elizabeth are my other natural-or-evolved 5*s, and Kagura will be there once I farm up the evolve eggs for 5*.

Of the time-limited units, who should I focus on most? Tyrfing's shards even if I don't have her special blade? Work on boot pieces to get Kanon's job up further? I did try one of the EX missions in Multiplay and got toasted.

EDIT: Derped up a name. Also got Reagan to J2 so bang bang time. Edgar seems a little underpowered but I like his style.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 6, 2018

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kronikle posted:

Does anyone else play this game on an Android and suffer from terrible performance? I really want to dive deep into this game but the lag on my Pixel is so noticeable. Pretty much every action I try to do is accompanied by a half second micro-lag stutter in the animation which makes no sense for a game with these graphics. I've been checking back over the last couple months for hopeful performance updates but it seems like it's not an issue they care enough to tackle. If anyone has had these issues, was there anything you did to fix it?

Playing on an LG g4, which is relatively new. I have the same issue and have just learned to live with it :shrug:

It's annoying but I don't notice it much anymore.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Kronikle posted:

I'm on a nexus 5x and I don't really have an issue with lag. Then again I auto most of the time and don't notice hehehehe

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I think ive used up all my luck for the foreseeable future. Got my Vettel to j2 with my free rare pull today. Shayna and j2 fang Liu today. It's so hard to decide what units I want to run now

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Much much better tier list + build guide to use. Updated for the Feb 1st patch. Polin is apparently the best bard available, so definitely try and work on her during this event I guess. Which is the kind of info that's helpful to know. And the build guide can help given the non-intuitive way damage stacking works in this game with leader/passive skills.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

This game seriously needs a claim all on the daily milestones page

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just had a hilarious Arena fight. It came down to my Suzuka vs. their Masamune in adjacent cells, with Suzuka with a big height advantage so that neither could reach the other.

So rather than move to where they could hit each other, they just stood still and passed their turns for 32 turns in a row.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

delfin posted:

Just had a hilarious Arena fight. It came down to my Suzuka vs. their Masamune in adjacent cells, with Suzuka with a big height advantage so that neither could reach the other.

So rather than move to where they could hit each other, they just stood still and passed their turns for 32 turns in a row.

So who won? :iiam:
Are draws even a thing in pvp?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

drat horror queefs posted:

So who won? :iiam:
Are draws even a thing in pvp?

"You Lose" was the verdict.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
Digging this game, if anyone is still playing my Friend ID is SVV1WLW2

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

There are some fun core loops in here, but holy christ the auto AI is moronic, and whomever decided that the main character needs to survive the story quests should be fired out of a canon. I cannot begin to count the number of times I've lost a round because that dumb son of a bitch has auto placed him self in the way of a gunner charged shot or stepped into a megaflame.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
10-Gear pull: Not bad. Got the rainbow teddy bear and a 4* flask set.
10-Unit pull: Hot garbage.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Anyone else still playing this? I'm still enjoying it quite a bit and surprised that it died out here.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

delfin posted:

Anyone else still playing this? I'm still enjoying it quite a bit and surprised that it died out here.

Still playing it. Still the most FFT-like mobile game right now. But there are a lot of small/medium issues that can easily turn someone off the game so I'm not that surprised.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Eyyyy got an albea on today's pull

e: I miss 2x drops

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got Bashonen, who is basically 90% Albea in Wind, and finally got a Rahu. I think that Lucien is the only 4* I haven't pulled yet.

• Locked thread