Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The sudden realization at the end that yes, you two DID got really drunk and accidentally LPed Sonic Forces was magical. :allears:

EDIT: Update at the previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The entire plot is very rushed and nonsensical, but who cares really.

I really like the Null Space level, it's just the right amount of ridiculous to be very enjoyable.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Null Space is visually fantastic in a game full of fantastic visuals, I would have loved a platforming section or something in Null Space, rather than level 7 of Chemical Plant

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It is a well known fact blue idiots can easily ignore black holes.

Also, smart move with the sunglasses just in time for them to be as practical as they are stylish.

Now if only they had something like a grappling hoook to bypass all those walljumps-wait... loving rude, Sonic Forces. Maybe that's some bizarre mechanic to allow Sonic to replay that stage later for banana stickers?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hah, that Death Egg stage was straight up the Death Egg Zone from Sonic and Knuckles.

They kept talking about their forces fighting somewhere, but there's only three characters doing anything and two of them are Sonic

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Delilah Bloro Thehedgehog The Wolf is truly the hero we deserve. :allears: This has been amazing so far.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm just a little sad they've settled on a (fantastic) look and so we're not hearing as much excitement over new clothing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren: New Episode! :siren:

Let's Play Sonic Forces Episode 6 - Emergency Orb

And that's Sonic Forces! We're not doing any of the bonus stuff because Plasma Cannon sucked!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Excellent avatar+post combo.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks for doing this, guys.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for accidentally LPing this game. I'd probably never have known it was any good otherwise.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The power of friendship. "You punch his left testicle, I'll punch his right."

Oh my god I forgot about the tiny backpack you had.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fantastic accidental LP, thanks for showing me this.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Clarifications on your Atlus ramblings there: Atlus is both a developer and a publisher; their US branch is just a publisher. Sega bought all of Atlus a few years ago. Disgaea is a Nippon Ichi game, the first one happened to be localized and published by Atlus USA, Atlus no longer has anything to do with Disgaea these days.

The part about Disgaea fans getting annoyed by Disgaea due to lack of changes is pretty accurate though.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 25, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The rad grappling cannon and clubbing outfit are obviously her just reward for saving these idiots.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
That game actually looked pretty fun! Thanks for (accidently) showing it off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, it is kind of bullshit what they've done with Wisps. I mean, back in Colors they were a way to do drastically different paths through levels without needing to include every last one of Sonic's lovely friends. And at the end of it they all went back to their home planet because, in the first place, Eggman space-kidnapped them to fuel a giant mind-control ray. You know, as you do.

And then in Lost World they just kind of show up and it's like, what, Wisps? Wisps have always been part of Sonic's powerups, have a slightly different way to spend the next ten seconds.

And now there are... Wispons? So everybody gets to have an alien power buddy, except for Sonic. And they're freely equippable, so you can't really design a level to show them off or teach anyone how to use them.

It's just kind of hollow now.

Like the end credits. Geez, people, if you're going to be all "let's clean up the world" at least steal a page from Shovel Knight and have a bunch of dudes with their Wispons building a sweet skate park all through the white metropolis.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Sonic games don't seem to care much for "then they were never seen again", even though they keep putting it in stories. Didn't Shadow die in his first game? And Silver was from centuries in the future. And Classic Sonic keeps showing up, they're not even pretending it won't happen again. These characters are just here to stay now, don't question it.

That said, if this game is indicative, paying any attention to Sonic plots is a bad idea. Just go fast and bop robots.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I mean, Nintendo does the same thing with the Mario cast (on an even bigger scale when you look at the sports/party games), but at least they have the sense not to try and incorporate some gritty Square Enix story into it.

I think the Freedom Fighters cartoon broke Sonic Team's brain and they're still struggling to recover from it. Things were looking up when Unleashed and, to a greater extent, Colors came out, but this feels like an LSD flash-back to 2006 with better controls.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thank you for the LP! What a magical ride this was. :allears:

Forces is kind of amazing to cement Tails' character as this precocious little poo poo.

Strange Matter posted:

I think the Freedom Fighters cartoon broke Sonic Team's brain and they're still struggling to recover from it. Things were looking up when Unleashed and, to a greater extent, Colors came out, but this feels like an LSD flash-back to 2006 with better controls.

Didn't Sega or maybe just Sonic Team itself had a huge fit when they saw how Penders was mangling the Sonic comic? Like they saw the cover of Sonic sitting and weeping that his girlfriend was getting married while the title had "World's Way Past Cool Comic!" and decided enough was enough?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Matter posted:

I mean, Nintendo does the same thing with the Mario cast (on an even bigger scale when you look at the sports/party games), but at least they have the sense not to try and incorporate some gritty Square Enix story into it.

Yeah, the fundamental problem is that Sonic keeps going full 'gritty drama' and failing to reconcile it with the cast and the lighthearted history.

Mario games can do serious drama, but it is contextualized within its own world, and there is the full knowledge that the game/drama can be apart from main canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pharohman777 posted:

Yeah, the fundamental problem is that Sonic keeps going full 'gritty drama' and failing to reconcile it with the cast and the lighthearted history.

Mario games can do serious drama, but it is contextualized within its own world, and there is the full knowledge that the game/drama can be apart from main canon.

It's the "within its own world" thing that Sonic unfortunately can't seem to get away from. Some people think it was neat that they tried to give character to Sonic's powerups and tie them into a game story. Other people think it was stupid to shed a single tear as you waved goodbye to all your powerups - no, your FRIENDS. Some people get really jazzed about stories where Eggman takes over the whole world because scrappy resistances are dramatic as poo poo. Other people get really jazzed about Eggman taking over the whole world because that guy makes the best loops to run through and now they're in all kinds of crazy places.

And Sonic Team is glancing between these people and then deciding to date both of them at opposite ends of town on the same night.

• Locked thread