Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
EHD is a big problem too, but populations rebound. They don't from chronic wasting. Bad stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Applesnots posted:

I hit a deer a few months back, I was able to slow down enough that it only broke my headlight. Not good for the deer though as it was only enough to break it back legs and pelvis, It could not walk and rather than seeing it starve or being eaten alive by coyotes I had to shoot it on the side of the road with my trunk gun(tm). The next day in the light I notice that the cracked plastic of my headlight had actually pinched off some of the deers hair and my car had a little eyebrow for about a week until the parts came in and I could replace it. That my deer story.

What did you do with the body?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Pawn 17 posted:

What did you do with the body?

Called fish and game,they come and pick up the fresh ones and give the meat to the needy.

Ed: Car deer Eyebrow

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 21, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This Christmas has been bueno.

excellente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf8m4seoV3s

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Kill all the deer and take the tenderloins and leave the rest for the crows. :twisted: Get the horns for the dogs too if they have them.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
And yet I've still run into dumbfuck hunters who insist we need to go out into the wilderness and kill as many coyotes as possible because "they kill way too many deer."

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I saw a couple moose when I was skiing today

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sucrose posted:

And yet I've still run into dumbfuck hunters who insist we need to go out into the wilderness and kill as many coyotes as possible because "they kill way too many deer."

When I was a kid I'd ride my dirtbike all over the mountains near my dad's place and the coyotes would follow me around the entire time. Kinda scary (especially if I didn't have a motorcycle to ride away on).

And my neighbor got attacked by a freakishly huge bobcat a couple years ago (might have been a mountain lion, but he'd probably be dead if it was).

Predator animals are no loving joke and we don't want them getting out of hand like the deer.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I want to shoot a deer :(

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://youtu.be/qAVt1iRpvlc

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
We live in the deer filled hell we deserve after killing fucktons of wolves, mountain lions, and bears.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bears deserve death, always starting forest fires and making pithy remarks

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
we really do need more bears, wolves and hyenas and poo poo. a deer killed my volkswagen and i was pretty pissed about it.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I was driving home from a family gathering earlier today and saw a dude on the side of the road pulling a dead deer out of a ditch to put in his trunk

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
My uncle's gone hunting every deer season for 50 years, with the trusty old .30-30 inherited from my grandpa.

Biggest deer he ever killed was one that jumped out in front of the brand-new Dodge 1-ton company van as he was driving it from the dealership to the shop. The van was written off ten minutes after his boss bought it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I want to shoot a deer :(

I don't really want to shoot anything, but if I had to a deer is the top of the list in terms of animals I won't feel too guilty over.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

When I was a kid I'd ride my dirtbike all over the mountains near my dad's place and the coyotes would follow me around the entire time. Kinda scary (especially if I didn't have a motorcycle to ride away on).

And my neighbor got attacked by a freakishly huge bobcat a couple years ago (might have been a mountain lion, but he'd probably be dead if it was).

Predator animals are no loving joke and we don't want them getting out of hand like the deer.

Oh, I have no problem with killing coyotes on your property or anyone else's property, just the dumbfuck idea that's widespread among some hunters that we need to go out into the wilderness and kill natural predators because otherwise they'll kill too many deer and elk and there won't be enough to hunt. As if the whole country isn't having a massive prey overpopulation problem.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

like a cigarette should posted:

Some deer are big deer. Don't mess with the big deer.

Moose are murderous assholes and scare me more than a grizzly would.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Deer are very large and tasty vermin. Shoot all the deer.

My brother filled out his tags this season. I've only had the sausage so far but it was really good.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kill the Deer is the best deer hunting game ever! Kill the deer in this amazing hunting game. Shoot any deer you want and take it home. Shoot, shoot, shoot, and kill all the deer.
Kill the Deer is a free hunting simulation game. Simulate to shoot all the deer. Score lots of deer points and upgrade your deer hunting weapons.

Features:

- Real hunting environment.
- Deer sim to hunt.
- Amazing hunting weapons.
- Realistic sounds and deer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.huntinggames.killthedeer

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the problem isn't deer it's the lack of wolves

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

also hunters. they are dumb as hell. public lands in east tennessee near the great smoky mountains temporarily allowed unlimited boar hunting and the population actually increased because idiot "guides" were importing them to lure clients lmfao

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't care for venison but Deer Jerky is definitely one of my favorite things to eat.

Deer are a nuisance. I wish my state would just call open season on them and let all the hunters go hog wild murdering them.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/CKttHri3wqM

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Sucrose posted:

Oh, I have no problem with killing coyotes on your property or anyone else's property, just the dumbfuck idea that's widespread among some hunters that we need to go out into the wilderness and kill natural predators because otherwise they'll kill too many deer and elk and there won't be enough to hunt. As if the whole country isn't having a massive prey overpopulation problem.

hunting coyotes also changes their reproductive strategy causing them to have more litters per year with more pups per litter than in areas where they are not hunted.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Brobee223 don't need no sissy rifles to keep Cananada safe from the menace of deers
(warning: eventually dead deer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once i got lost while driving cross-country, and i ended up on this desolate highway in the middle of the night that only semis seemed to use. it was completely covered in dead deer and i tried and failed to avoid hitting any of the carcasses in the road. fortunately i didn't hit any live deer, at least.

naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I have made a discovery.

quote:

The manuscript derives its name from the monastery of Deer, mentioned in the Gaelic texts and the Latin Charter of King David I. Unfortunately, the foundation at Deer has left no other trace of its existence, although a Cistercian monastery, founded nearby in 1219, owned some of the lands mentioned in the Gaelic texts.

• Locked thread