Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Paint/model an average of an hour a day.

You already model for me, daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

Nerd Goals
1) Post more (maintaining the same ~ha ha~ quality)
2) Improve the Games Run/Games Owned ratio (esp. those weirdo indie games and war games) you keep buying
3) Get Brand New Colony into playtest shape
4?) Maybe do that pod-cast thing?

Non-Nerd Goals
1) Do better about keeping in touch with family and friends
2) That running thing you used to do, do it now!
3) More Cleaning and Cooking, less low-effort garbage time

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm archiving this soon, so here's what I'm working on:

1) Release some Breakfast Cult expansions already
2) Make good progress on the other side-projects I have going
3) Same, but for the visual novel project I've been collabing on with some folks
4) Reorganize my wardrobe (I have too many Shirts)

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright. How'd we do?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Liquid Communism posted:

1. Finish building and painting my 40k Space Wolves
2. Play at least half a dozen games with them.
3. Start an ongoing tabletop game. It's been five years since I played anything but a one-shot, clearly I just need to GM.
4. Write a game. It's been a bucket list thing for ages, so just drat well do it.

1. Lol no. I have them mostly built, but nowhere near painted. ~1k points are tabletop painted, another ~1500 are primed.
2. Check.
3. Not just yet. Getting adults' schedules to align is maddening.
4. I have a lot of mechanical and thematic notes, but nowhere near even playtestable.

Mostly failures this year, but I did get a lot more done than I expected.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Hedningen posted:

This helped me get off my rear end last year, so might as well continue.

1. Continue sculpting and casting miniatures. Maybe try to sell some to other nerds, maybe just start discussing it with people here because there's not a lot of sculpting talk on trad games.

2. Finish at least one game in a sellable state, put it on DriveThru, and make no money whatsoever from it because it's doubtlessly niche as hell.

3. Keep playing games with people, including running regular Mordheim sessions and my monthly design/playtest jam.

4. Train at least one dog to do something entirely unexpected.

Wow, I forgot I did these!

1. Started a sculpting thread, done some basic castings, and done a ton of basic sculpting practice. I think I’ve gotten less lovely at it, at least.
  2. Nope. Still working on projects, but nothing released. Should have a playtest this year.
  3. Managed to do so quite well. At least one big gaming night a month. Mordheim went pretty well, and looking to assist in demoing stuff.
  4. Trained my chihuahua to sit on my shoulder. It was appropriately unexpected.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Fuego Fish posted:

1. Still be running Exceptional X-Men.
2. Start a new PbP campaign that's also still going by the end of the year.
3. Usher Dragon Ball Parallels into its final form and begin a public playtest.
4. Get another book out. At least one.
5. Launch a patreon or whatever the new hotness is gonna be.
6. Start learning another language in preparation for the post-Brexit exodus.
7. Practice drawing/sketching.
8. Get back on my bullshit meds.
9. Lose another 10kg or more.
10. Do my best to make people happy, starting with myself.

1. It ain't dead yet!
2. Ahaha christ what was I thinking
3. Halfway there!
4. ... also halfway there!
5. Look I moved house this year it was very stressful I couldn't get a lot done.
6. I started and then I stopped, so technically I did this one.
7. I'm still awful.
8. Did this!
9. Halfway there, again.
10. MISSION SUCCESS

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

1. Get out of debt

2. Keep playing in my current D&D group

3. Run at least one live game this year

1. I am halfway done with getting out of debt, and will probably be done by August 2019 at worst

2. Mission accomplished

3. Nope!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

DO more cool things.
Be nicer to myself.

And I'll add a specific one: enter the cosplay contest at UKGE again, with a new costume.

And another: run Planet Mercenary this year.

Well, the first two are intentionally easy and very much done.

The third one I did, it went well (and in the same weekend, also went top 64 at Euros in X Wing).

Final one hasn't happened.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Angrymog posted:

1. Do session prep properly
2. Write and publish another supplement
3. Go back to doing my solo gaming blog
4. Start doing LPs and streaming regularly again

Non-gaming

4. Lose weight
5. Loan a horse, or go on another silly horse-riding holiday
6. Draw more

LOL no.

Did finish a two year long SWN game.

Horse-riding trip would have happened if I hadn't had to buy a new motorcar and then get stung for building repairs. :( I did so some proper cross country jumping at least.

Did some art on the seaside as part of a local artist thing though.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

LashLightning posted:

1.) Complete, at least, a figure a week.

2.) Get back into a D&D group.

Nope, on both.

gently caress.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ettin posted:

Alright. How'd we do?
I got a job, established better boundaries, and at least started the Lensman write up, so that's a gentlebeing's C!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Agent Rush posted:

I missed last year's thread, here's mine:

1. Get back to working on my game
2. Start exercising again
3. Cut down on board game purchases
4. Start a Board Game 10x10, play at least one game ten times
5. Start recording videos again, learn more about editing

Good luck to everyone!

1. Haven't got much further, but I did get back to work!
2. Been walking a lot more than I was, so it counts.
3. Actually pretty easy, now that I've picked up most of what I wanted already.
4. Hah, no. Wish I had the time.
5. I haven't made any new videos yet, but I have learned more about video editing than I knew when I started.

If 1 and 5 count as half done, I've got 3 out of 5. Not great, but honestly better than I expected at the start of the year.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Cassa posted:

1] No new DND 5e games
2] Don't let Fragged Empire wither
3] Maybe finish Uni

1] Strong so far.
2] Whoops
3] Well I went on a NYC infield so finishing next year.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kwyndig posted:

A little late so I'll keep this year simple.

Try not to die.

I'm still here!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

I think I'll just stick to gaming stuff here.

• Finish painting my Blood Angels with the exception of my old tactical marines
  • Play at least a game of 40k per month
  • Do something with this Stormcast stuff from AoS I have sitting around

My Blood Angels are done to the point where I play with a fully painted army but I still have a backlog. Partial success I guess?

I’ve definitely beat an average of one game a month by quite a bit despite a work-related slump toward the end of the year. It turns out when I enjoy the game I can make time for it.

I’ve settled on a paint scheme for my stormcast and finished some of the models but am not as far as I’d like to be with them. Next year I would really like to get them done and actually play a game since I hear such positive things about the new edition.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TTerrible posted:

• Take a fully painted army to LVO at the end of January
  • Save money by not taking part in stupid Toxx pledges in the 30k thread.
  • Paint more than I buy

Actually achievable this year. :shobon:

• I poured unpainted resin model components out of my KR case and drank instead.
  • I'm going to fail another toxx in under a week.
  • :laffo:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin posted:

1) Release some Breakfast Cult expansions already
2) Make good progress on the other side-projects I have going
3) Same, but for the visual novel project I've been collabing on with some folks
4) Reorganize my wardrobe (I have too many Shirts)

1) We did one and most of another
2) Completing a KS in the next few months and progressed the other projects a lot
3) Not making the official announcement just yet but there's more progress on this than I expected
4) Reduced shirt collection from ~60 to 15

I Did It :toot:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Gaming resolutions need only apply.

• Finish a game of my own.
  • Here's an impossible one: Rifts reviews of all the books from the 90s.
  • Play a RPG with some new folks, locally.

• No. Worked on stuff, but got disillusioned with my current design and am rethinking things.
  • No. But I'm really drat close. Roughs should be written by the end of the year and start posting sometime after that, depending on how much of a backlog I decide on.
  • No.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

[Everything]
Nope, didn't manage any of it.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

• Play more new games. Our Sunday-night game has been L5R 4e/5e for aaaages, with only a break for me running Godbound. I know the GM is like me in his enjoyment of new/weird games, but getting everyone else on board is a stretch.

• Play more card/boardgames.

• Write games. Last couple of years I've put down specific numbers for freelance vs. self published vs. whatever, but screw it.

• Drum more, wither with the Big Drums group or another crew. One gig in January already sorted, but more more more

• Cut down my gunpla backlog.

• Start cycling again. The torn ligament was five years ago...

• Hahahahano. We played Faith for a few weeks, but that was it. But on the other hand, I haven't actually played an RPG since September...

• Yes. Lots. I've played about a dozen new-to-me games this year, along with old favourites. We went on holiday to Carcassonne, and played Carcassonne while there (in a park, in 38°C heat — we were too hot for anything else). My girlfriend even got me a shitload of old Magic cards for xmas; I haven't played for about 16 years and I'm looking forwards to getting back to it in a strictly casual fashion.

• Nope. I've written the skeleton of a few games, but nothing worth sharing just yet, and I've not done anything freelance for reasons (*coughnuWWchoke*). One of my goals this coming year is to get a Patreon up and running, modelled on that of our own nekoewen (or at least, how his used to be before he changed it), which will hopefully incentivise me to actually finish poo poo.

• Oh hell yes. I started the year in one drum crew, now I'm in three. Between them I've played half a dozen paid gigs, including one at Edinburgh Castle, and plenty of street performances. The problem, though, is that I'm now drumming on the nights my gaming group meets, hence the lack of face-to-face gaming. But drums are a kind of therapy for me, and I don't want to give them up.

• Technically yes? In that I've built two kits this year, and haven't bought any more (yet).

• Hahahahano. No excuses, I'm just a lazy fucker. Though in the sense of general exercise, I've been doing various kinds of HIIT for the past couple of months. So since a lot of it was for exercise, let's call this a half.

That's what, three and a half for six? I've had better years, but I've also had a lot worse, and I have plans for the future.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

1. Paint more minis than I buy
2. Get back on the weight loss wagon
3. Start on redecorating the house
4. Get started on my Imperial Guard and get them to at least 1000 points
5. Arrange more game days and get my longer board games to the table more often

1. Actually did this! Painted 320, received (bought plus gifts and Kickstarter stuff from last year arriving) 302. (so far, both may increase by the actual end of the year so I may need to update this)
2. Did this, lost a bunch of weight, then kinda fell off the bandwagon after some minor surgery and put some back on :(
3. Not the house itself, but I started on the front garden. Will probably continue this in spring when it's drier outside.
4. Did this, mostly in big chunks in October and November.
5. Nope, didn't manage to get this done :(

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

potatocubed posted:

Next verse, same as the last verse.

1. Finish my current mystery project.
2. Complete two other projects.

1. Done! Burned out pretty bad getting it done, but it's done.

2. Sort of? I definitely finished one short story, published and all, and I've got Bleak Spirit to a playtestable state, so it kind of feels done... I dunno. Call it 50%.

1.5 out of two is good enough for me!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

Paint, to completion, a 300 point Infinity list. That's it, it's like 10 models!

It's the only game I play!

I did more than this. I painted enough for two 300 point lists though there is some overlap and a lot of inks.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

slap me and kiss me posted:

1. Finish writing my adventure
2. Recruit a bunch of blind playtest groups
3. Get more art done
4. Plan a kickstarter

1. Done, done, super done.
2. Not done at all.
3. Ditto.
4. Double ditto.

I did finish my masters project though, so now I actually have time for things. Hooray!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Reene posted:

Aw poo poo I forgot about this thread.

1. Actually run a few games. In systems that aren't PbtA.
2. Finish writing my campaign+setting guide for 13th Age.
3. Get a raise at work or find a better job, or else start making enough money from Patreon/commissions that I don't have to.
4. Keep working out. I've been slacking because I just moved but I have no excuse at this point.

1. Yes! It was a 13A one-shot but it still counts.
2. Mostly yes. I got a preview up for the public and a full setting rundown for patrons. The main thing it's missing is a guide for actually running the campaign.
3. aaaAAaahaha no.
4. Also no. :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

1. Try and paint more minis, in particular I aim to undertake oaths in the Oath thread for every month of 2018 and have at least one fully-painted army by the end of the year.
2. Play more games, and try to get people to try out Deadzone at my LGS.
3. Do a NaNoWriMo.

1. Well, I did more painting. I wasn't able to complete an Oath every month, nor ocmplete an army, but I've gotten more into the habit of painting minis. I've nearly finished a Bolt Action army, however.
2. I did this. I'm in an Imperial Assault campaign, I've picked up Blackstone Fortress & Kill Team, and I'm looking to get back into 40k next year. But a no-no on Deadzone, though.
3. Alas, no. I wound up being otherwise occupied for November.

So, basically 0 for 3. Dang. But I did make some progress, as well as non-resolution stuff. I have a job now, so yay for that.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Spiteski posted:

TG stuff
- Finish converting Zeitgeist 4e into Fantasy Grounds by mid year. Your players are catching up to you, dummy.
- Play at least 1 short adventure of 40k FFG, Trail of Cthulhu and Shadow of the Demonlord
- Play more of our new board games with the wife and kids, we've been having heaps of fun with them since DnD for Christmas

Non-TG stuff
- Pass your Nursing State Examination.
- This means you'll need to study hard, fool.
- Keep working this job throughout this semester, it's gonna look fantastic on your CV when you graduate
- Try to get back below three digits of weight (kg). 25k to go.

TG stuff I pretty much 100%d. I'd still like to do more board gaming with family but as time has allowed we've done pretty well.
Non TV stuff my weight is unmoved but the rest are done. Graduated, got my dream job and started post grad. The prison job definitely helped so yay!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Error 404 posted:

Hey rear end in a top hat me in the future:
1. Keep on keeping on.
1a. Lose more weight, get more swole.

Mission. loving. Accomplished.

quote:

2. Maybe try and do more than 0 creative things this year.

lmbo NOPE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Whoops :aaa: