Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode we take on the final serpent colossus, the airborne Phalanx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
You might already have recorded the videos for the next few colossi, but if not, can you zoom in on Wander and show off his changes before the end?

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

You might already have recorded the videos for the next few colossi, but if not, can you zoom in on Wander and show off his changes before the end?

Unfortunately to keep with the schedule we have already recorded the episodes, both of us are going on trips within the next few days and would not be able to record again for a while so we got them all done before we had to leave, sorry about that!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I haven't been able to keep up with the LPs I've been following, or else I'd've said this sooner: gently caress Pelagia. This is the one colossus that stops me from finishing replays of the game, which sucks cause I generally like the colossi that come after him.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

liquidypoo posted:

I haven't been able to keep up with the LPs I've been following, or else I'd've said this sooner: gently caress Pelagia. This is the one colossus that stops me from finishing replays of the game, which sucks cause I generally like the colossi that come after him.

God i hated that fight.... so much.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode we take on the smallest Colossus, the very lion like Cenobia. Also be sure to watch till the end of the video as there is a funny outake from Ninja's run that I just had to show off.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Cenobia is great, looks cool, the arena is cool (though a bit gimmicky) and he can seriously gently caress you up if you fall in front of him, which always brings some tension when i fight him.

Although he is very obviously a lion i always liked to think of him more as a dog because of his guardian role. Like, a beefy pitbull.

Looking forward to seeing the final 2, they caused me a lot of pain when i played the remake.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Frionnel posted:

Cenobia is great, looks cool, the arena is cool (though a bit gimmicky) and he can seriously gently caress you up if you fall in front of him, which always brings some tension when i fight him.

Although he is very obviously a lion i always liked to think of him more as a dog because of his guardian role. Like, a beefy pitbull.

Looking forward to seeing the final 2, they caused me a lot of pain when i played the remake.

LOL i love that you called it a beefy pitbull thats hilarious

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hahahaha woops, showing clearly that english is not my first language. I'll leave that though because it's hilarious.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 28, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Frionnel posted:

Hahahaha woops, showing clearly that english is not my first language. I'll leave that though because it's hilarious.

And that's why you check before using words :downsgun:

Actually beefy pitbull is pretty fitting

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

In this episode we take on the last of the "Troll" Colossi, the cleaver weilding Argus, which is my new least favorite colossus.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The mechanic is a bitch to figure out, but goddamn, I just love me abandoned ancient cities.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Gorilla Salad posted:

The mechanic is a bitch to figure out, but goddamn, I just love me abandoned ancient cities.

I loved the arena, I hated whoever designed the colossus fight. Who puts a sigil inside of a colossus’ hand!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yeah, why would anyone ever look there?

Its hands are so human it's natural to think it would just crush you to a pulp if you went near them.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Yep, there's my least favorite Colossus. That loving sigil gives me nightmares.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Fun fact, last time i played this game i forgot that he punches the ground and you can go on the palm that way. I spent many minutes climbing down the whole arm with very careful jumps :downs: Now i'm watching your video and feeling like an idiot.

Did get it though, but seriously gently caress the hand sigil.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 31, 2018

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Frionnel posted:

Fun fact, last time i played this game i forgot that he punches the ground and you can go on the palm that way. I spent many minutes climbing down the whole arm with very careful jumps :downs: Now i'm watching your video and feeling like an idiot.

Did get it though, but seriously gently caress the hand sigil.

Lmao that makes me feel so much better about my run then

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I think I could forgive most of this fight if they had just given some hint that the big stone platforms weren't static like the vast majority of the world.

Maybe have the player tip them over when they climbed up. They'd naturally try to run and grab onto the ledge to the next level but never be able to run fast enough before the slab moved back into place. That would be more than enough of a hint, I think.

The language of video games has advanced so much since this was first made. Assassin's Creed uses white blankets/guano for climbable surfaces. Unobtrusive, but quickly identifiable.

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think I could forgive most of this fight if they had just given some hint that the big stone platforms weren't static like the vast majority of the world.

Maybe have the player tip them over when they climbed up. They'd naturally try to run and grab onto the ledge to the next level but never be able to run fast enough before the slab moved back into place. That would be more than enough of a hint, I think.

The language of video games has advanced so much since this was first made. Assassin's Creed uses white blankets/guano for climbable surfaces. Unobtrusive, but quickly identifiable.

Or dormin couldve given more of a hint other than get up somewhere higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArknknuckleRpg
Jan 20, 2018

Here it is guys! The series final of Showdown in the Shadow of the Colossus, we have taken down 15 Colossi and Tower Daddy Malus is the only one standing. We want to thank everyone who has tuned in to this series with their views and their comments. With your views the first episode alone is one of my most viewed videos on YouTube so I want to thank you all and I want to thank RandomNinja and his awesome commentary voice to help me with this project. We had a blast and we are currently discussing our next project, any suggestions are welcome! Enjoy the episode and thank you again for the support!

• Locked thread