Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Catholics aren't real Christians

they literally worship a female

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

COMRADES posted:

Yeah I said they should be allowed to gently caress.

Gross dude how do you openly support child rape

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Catholics aren't real Christians

they literally worship a female

"The Celestials worship a fat man seated on his rear end."

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Train posted:

Gross dude how do you openly support child rape

They do cannibalism too who am I to judge their holy rites.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Agag posted:

"The Celestials worship a fat man seated on his rear end."

And he's made of gold, to boot. Idolaters.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I was an altar boy AMA

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

The reason the clergy can't get married is about money/property. You all do know this, yes?

This is actually true! There was a nasty tendency for priests to pass poo poo down to their sons, and the nepotism getting so bad is one of the reasons clerical celibacy was mandated.

Shame they didn't crack down that hard on indulgences...

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

This is actually true! There was a nasty tendency for priests to pass poo poo down to their sons, and the nepotism getting so bad is one of the reasons clerical celibacy was mandated.

If Catholic priests could marry, or be women, or gently caress someone of the same gender, and couldn't pass down benefices to their children... then it would be Anglicanism.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Tallgeese posted:

Stand by. A cadre of halberdiers is en route to your location. You will be given safe passage to a nearby woodland.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

COMRADES posted:

Yeah I said they should be allowed to gently caress.

Besides Rabbis manage it just fine anyway.

IIRC, Rabbis are obligated to marry. However, Rabbis game is strong from people paying large sums of money for advice, blessings, and amulets, in a sickening display of simony.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tallgeese posted:

This guy gets it. The church wont admit that's the sole reason for the celibacy.

The Borgia family is infamous for how they schemed & hosed their way in & out of the papacy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's wild to think that in my lifetime Catholicism decided to do take-backs on that whole "unbaptised babies go to hell" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hell Yeah posted:

priest: I'm not gay! *slips finger into a mans b-hole* Furthermore i think homosexuality is disgusting! *hangs dong in a gay club while wearing leather fetish gear.* AND ANOTHER THING *has loving relationship with a man for over 30 years*

• Locked thread