Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah everything spreads thanks to the internet, we're getting sovereign citizens here in Australia even though the whole movement is pretty much based around one guy's weird-rear end interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

don't you have one in a senior government position rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If one believes the Freemason conspiracy is so big it can fake the shape of the planet, shouldn't one be more worried about all the far more sinister stuff they'd be able to fake with that level of control?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

precision posted:

If one believes the Freemason conspiracy is so big it can fake the shape of the planet, shouldn't one be more worried about all the far more sinister stuff they'd be able to fake with that level of control?

you are beyond the reach of god here

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

What do flat earthers say when you tell them about projects such as the Kola SuperDeep Borehole?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole

It's 7.619 miles deep.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Coolguye posted:

don't you have one in a senior government position rn

That was far right conspiracy nutjob Senator Malcolm Roberts but he got kicked out when someone pointed out that there's a law prohibiting people with dual citizenship from being elected to parliament and he'd never rescinded his British citizenship. He tried to fight it in court and put up a hilariously pathetic defence which completely fell apart when it was revealed that before he'd been elected he'd tried to send an email with the heading “Am I still a British citizen?” the the British government (which shows that he was 100% aware of the issue) but he sent it to the wrong email address so he never got a reply and he never followed it up through proper channels.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

That was far right conspiracy nutjob Senator Malcolm Roberts but he got kicked out when someone pointed out that there's a law prohibiting people with dual citizenship from being elected to parliament and he'd never rescinded his British citizenship. He tried to fight it in court and put up a hilariously pathetic defence which completely fell apart when it was revealed that before he'd been elected he'd tried to send an email with the heading “Am I still a British citizen?” the the British government (which shows that he was 100% aware of the issue) but he sent it to the wrong email address so he never got a reply and he never followed it up through proper channels.

this thread was worth it just for this story

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I Brake For MILFs posted:

What do flat earthers say when you tell them about projects such as the Kola SuperDeep Borehole?

It's 7.619 miles deep.

We have breaking news: flat earthers might not be considering all the facts. Hold on I'm getting more... Yes I'm being told that people who think the Earth is flat are less likely to be aware of the latest science and might be dumb as all hell.

Stay tuned folks we will continue to provide updates on this fascinating story as they become available.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

It's 7.619 miles deep.

I dunno they probably say “cool, nice deep hole that goes down into the earth, which is flat, by the way”

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Salt Fish posted:

Yes I'm being told that people who think the Earth is flat are less likely to be aware of the latest science and might be dumb as all hell.

Also the "latest science" includes poo poo that the ancient Egyptians and Greeks figured out about the globe thousands of years ago. :v:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

It's 7.619 miles deep.

Clearly fake propaganda.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yeah everything spreads thanks to the internet, we're getting sovereign citizens here in Australia even though the whole movement is pretty much based around one guy's weird-rear end interpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"I do not consent," screams the man pulled over for doing 120 in a 70 zone and ignoring an RBT stop. The 4 police officers smash the window of his beat up Ford Falcon and drag his rear end out of the car when he refuses to get out or produce a licence.

Good video. 10/10

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

It's 7.619 miles deep.

That if we dig too deep the demons will escape from hell.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is it just Americans who believe in a flat earth or do folk from outside the US go that crazy too?

Australians maybe? That's an educated guess though. I'm probably wrong.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
Whatever happened to the paranormal/conspiracy forum? That was the most fun one.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CarpenterWalrus posted:

Whatever happened to the paranormal/conspiracy forum? That was the most fun one.

Maybe it got abducted by Greys???? :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's 7.619 miles deep.

FAKE NEWS

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Is it just Americans who believe in a flat earth or do folk from outside the US go that crazy too?

It's English. The Flat Earth Society is headquartered in London, though of course Americans ran with it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

to be fair there was some Australian dude who declared his farm to be a sovereign nation back in the 70's, and while he wasn't part of the "sovereign citizen" movement of today he did use a lot of the same language and logic.

though I think that guy was actually a bit more clever than the American sovereign citizen people, he declared war on Australia (who didn't notice) and then "ended" the war four days later, then claimed that his land was now legally independent from Australia as he was "undefeated in battle".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CarpenterWalrus posted:

You must be remembering a different forum, this one's never had that.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

my dog died im sad posted:

Australians maybe? That's an educated guess though. I'm probably wrong.

ive never seen it around where i live, but i wouldnt put it past queensland or adelaide

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

precision posted:

You must be remembering a different forum, this one's never had that.

uh yeah there was, wasn’t it a rotating sub forum?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

OldAlias posted:

Nah. Nothing to see here, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

OldAlias posted:

Just stay right there, sir, and someone will be along to assist you shortly.

• Locked thread