Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Yes that's pretty clear too with the whole having to do a complicated psych test to figure out if they were replicants thing in the first one, which is the opening scene if I remember right. Been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's just a fancy turing test

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
So the thing I didn't understand is that memory maker girl, does she make memories like on an individual basis? Each replicant has unique memories designed by her? Or has she created a set of memories that lots of replicants use? If she only gives unique memories to individual replicants, why were there so many who all had the same memories and "all wished to be the child" or whatever? If she has series of memories that she gives to multiple replicants, why didn't anyone else take that wooden horse? If it's some combination where she has a set of memories that they all get and for some reason she decided to imbue Gosling's character with that one specific unique memory so that he could advance the plot... Why did she do this? I probably missed the explanation for this in the film but maybe one of YOU can explain!? HM???

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Top Gun posted:

I hate how replicants were retconned to being clone humans instead of robots in this film.

I was so confused at the idea of a robot having a baby with a human.
blade runner followed the original concept of "robots" in scifi which was organic, not mechanical. this is explicit when Terrell explains why the options to extend replicant lifespans won't work, and when Larry from Newhart is said to have the same problem as the replicants

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

If she has series of memories that she gives to multiple replicants, why didn't anyone else take that wooden horse?

I think a lot of them have the same wooden horse memory (which they all know is most likely an implanted memory) she herself actually lived as an orphan , K happened to be the first replicant to stumble upon that location while following the trail of the replicant orphan.

Kazak fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 8, 2018

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I didn't understand why they introduced that eye scan thing for a serial number that he used on Dave Bautista in the beginning. 1) Why even bother with that flipped over turtle test if you can just scan eyes to see if they're a robot. 2) Gosling, scan your own eye, idiot.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drowning In Terror posted:

I thought the female replicant was a pretty decent villian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTpFq4lRvw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Big Word posted:

Also there are a bunch of very obvious shots of the luxor in the vegas part of the movie, they didn't need to have someone pipe up and say "Hell o it is las vegas here" or have LAS VEGAS BUT ITS BAD IN THE FUTURE pop up on the screen like in the opening scene

i've never personally seen the luxor and don't have much reason to remember what it looks like

also, illuminati confirmed

• Locked thread