Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

why does the bad guy want to make self reproducing replicants to colonize the stars when there are gigantic warehouse style orphanages full of surplus human children? doesn't make any sense.

thank you in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Because replicants are superior my dude

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Humans are inferior.

The future is synthetic.

Beep. Boop.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Maybe he is a replicant my good chum

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
gently caress jared leto I have no other comment.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
His replicants are hardwired to obey.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Doesn't he have speech about how having not technically human slaves is more kosher to humans.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Fellbat posted:

Doesn't he have speech about how having not technically human slaves is more kosher to humans.

You prepare the humans on a different counter than the replicants.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

new blade runner is better than the old blade runner. a surprising development imo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
loved the part where the flying car crashed into the water to the music going VRAAAAAAAAAARMMMM

then it goes

VRRROOOOOOoooooooommmmuuuuuuuu

Jon Pop NC
Mar 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

new blade runner is better than the old blade runner. a surprising development imo

It really is. I was shocked at how good it was, especially the last twenty minutes.

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
new blade runner sucks terribly.

The fist fight between the handsome retard and geriatric han solo made me turn it off without ever finishing it.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Can Harrison Ford Act? Because I couldn't tell from this piece of poo poo haha.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you two better shut the gently caress up

i cried a manly tear at the end

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I cried when Gosling's VR waifu got destroyed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lol but seriously I posted:

Can Harrison Ford Act? Because I couldn't tell from this piece of poo poo haha.

He can't change shirts that's for sure

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you two better shut the gently caress up

i cried a manly tear at the end

Nah. I give them credit for not trying to top "tears in the rain" but Goslings unearned death scene was just them failing within their means. The first 10 mins was really good, tho.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
My greatest beef was that they resolved Blade Runner's ambiguous ending in a totally unsatisfying way. Was Decker a robot? Here's the answer, Wah-waaaaah. Now it's canon. It was world-class fan fiction, A+++ would watch additional sequel to it again.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think Jared Leto *didn't* want replicating replicants which is why he killed that one replicant and wanted to cover up the child of a replicant, pretty sure the original designer from the first movie was the guy who implemented replicant wombs and poo poo.

client
Aug 19, 2010

new blade runner was not sufficiently boring. very disappointing imo

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

a bone to pick posted:

I think Jared Leto *didn't* want replicating replicants which is why he killed that one replicant and wanted to cover up the child of a replicant, pretty sure the original designer from the first movie was the guy who implemented replicant wombs and poo poo.

Wut? No. He explicitly states that breeding replicants will somehow be quicker than manufacturing them from scratch. He killed that one replicant because the director though it would be a powerful image (it was not, it was try hard and woman-hating).

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Frog Act posted:

why does the bad guy want to make self reproducing replicants to colonize the stars when there are gigantic warehouse style orphanages full of surplus human children? doesn't make any sense.

thank you in advance

sounds like you aren't really watching the movie

Wut? No. He explicitly states that breeding replicants will somehow be quicker than manufacturing them from scratch. He killed that one replicant because the director though it would be a powerful image (it was not, it was try hard and woman-hating).

agreed, it was very stupid, it made me hate the jared leto character more than the director though

jared leto was the worst part of this movie, as usual

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Oyak posted:

My greatest beef was that they resolved Blade Runner's ambiguous ending in a totally unsatisfying way. Was Decker a robot? Here's the answer, Wah-waaaaah. Now it's canon. It was world-class fan fiction, A+++ would watch additional sequel to it again.

2049 leaves ambiguous if Deckard is a replicant or not

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He killed it because it had failed. It was supposed to be able to give birth and it couldn't. The whole purpose of the scene was to establish what kind of person he is you apergs

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

your friend a dog posted:

He killed it because it had failed. It was supposed to be able to give birth and it couldn't. The whole purpose of the scene was to establish what kind of person he is you apergs

Clearly he's a republican based on his obsession with wombs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
New blade runner had good atmosphere but holy poo poo could this movie be better. Remove the fake robot girlfriend or make her more related to the plot, and definitely remove geriatric loving Harrison Ford. I'd say I hope his next plane crash is fatal but we now have the technology to put dead actors into movies so we'll be seeing him for the next 50 or so years anyways.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
it was good & I'm gonna watch it again

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You're thinking too hard about it op just enjoy Wesley Snipes slaughtering vampires

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

I cried when Gosling's VR waifu got destroyed.
it's a manly movie where you can cry it out with your bro as you relate to the overpowering ennui

Colonel Cancer posted:

New blade runner had good atmosphere but holy poo poo could this movie be better. Remove the fake robot girlfriend or make her more related to the plot, and definitely remove geriatric loving Harrison Ford. I'd say I hope his next plane crash is fatal but we now have the technology to put dead actors into movies so we'll be seeing him for the next 50 or so years anyways.
i agree with the fake robo waifu but my bro liked that part of the film so :shrug:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

You're thinking too hard about it op just enjoy Wesley Snipes slaughtering vampires
i really liked the part where vin diesel took on 10 necromongers at once

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm watching it right now

Weird

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

love that big motorcycle sound now I pretend I'm in cyber future whenever I heara motorcycle rev

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so they care about how people are more okay with replicant slaves even though most of humanity exists in a post apocalyptic hellzone where they are enslaved anyway

this setting is not as good as do androids dream of electric sheep, which was also characterized byh massive ecological collapse. unless im really misremembering the story

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

myDad posted:

it was good & I'm gonna watch it again

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

replicants can go work offworld and die by the millions to make way for human expansion through the cosmos. Sometimes they rebel and crush their maker's head. It's not a perfect system.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
its a cash grab and overall bad movie op, hth

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I forgot all the great Fallout and Deus Ex vibes from the second half of the movie.

It's good. Very Good

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

FistEnergy posted:

I forgot all the great Fallout and Deus Ex vibes from the second half of the movie.
yeah it reminds me of the way i felt after finishing Invisible War

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is the dude with flying eye robots the same dude who got his head crushed in Blade runner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Well I'm not redboxing it again so I'll just have to take your word for it

• Locked thread