Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

poor finn :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

"Even though it's billed as a sequel, director Rob Marshall has said in interviews that Mary Poppins Returns will be a "soft reboot" of the franchise that will redefine established elements of the Mary Poppins universe while still retaining the emotional core that has captivated fans for generations."

Can't wait to see those dancing penguins rendered in glorious 3d cgi.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Waltzing Along posted:

I think he was pissed that he was told to do stuff to appeal to China, so he did the thing that China would hate the most.
my favorite appeal to chinese audience is this beautiful shot of stanley tucci in the best movie ever, transformers 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmyBOyChsoI

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Why did George sell Star Wars to the “white slavers” at Disney anyways? It wasn’t for the money, that all went to charity iirc. Why not just keep the franchise in his pocket and let it die with him? The only possible outcome is exactly what happened: the first new film completely obliterates the prequels in terms of quality, relegating them to the trash heap, and then the Disney machine churns our films twice a year until Star Wars becomes diluted and common. I don’t see how he came out ahead in any way

he probably sold it because people were like gently caress you george you raped my childhood and ruined star wars

one of those monkey's paw situations

also, according to some, george was to have more control over the ST than he ended up having and the only film he seems to have had genuine appreciation for was rogue one.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

... the Disney machine churns our films twice a year until Star Wars becomes diluted and common.

Ah for the days when Star Wars was a gentleman’s pursuit...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Can't wait to see those dancing penguins rendered in glorious 3d cgi.

Until then I have to make due with Mr. Popper’s Penguins if I want my dancing cgi penguin fix. Or Happy Feet. Or Happy Feet 2. Or The Penguins of Madagascar.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Solo is going to be a bad movie

Woody Harrelson is v. Hollywood
Khaleesi actress is extremely bad
New Han Solo actor seems like a black hole of charisma
Trailer looked lame
Dong Lover will probably be the best thing about this Star War
Chewbacca raaaawrring randomly and everyone but the audience understanding is funny for 30 seconds / movie, but for 90 minutes ehhhh

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The only good Han Solo is a dead Han Solo imo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Solo is going to be a bad movie

Woody Harrelson is v. Hollywood
Khaleesi actress is extremely bad
New Han Solo actor seems like a black hole of charisma
Trailer looked lame
Dong Lover will probably be the best thing about this Star War
Chewbacca raaaawrring randomly and everyone but the audience understanding is funny for 30 seconds / movie, but for 90 minutes ehhhh

K.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

poo poo it’s true, brevity is the soul of wit

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

actually chewbacca is fuckin great u racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Why did George sell Star Wars to the “white slavers” at Disney anyways? It wasn’t for the money, that all went to charity iirc. Why not just keep the franchise in his pocket and let it die with him? The only possible outcome is exactly what happened: the first new film completely obliterates the prequels in terms of quality, relegating them to the trash heap, and then the Disney machine churns our films twice a year until Star Wars becomes diluted and common. I don’t see how he came out ahead in any way

idk why do any billionaires keep loving poo poo up in pursuit of even more dollars?

• Locked thread