Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

500 good dogs posted:

lol if you think in tyool 2018 laws matter at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey trump how'd ivanka's pussy feel after i was done with it? huh? how'd it feel, pussy?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Trolling the president hard enough for him to block you is like getting knighted on the internet

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mozi posted:

hey trump how'd ivanka's pussy feel after i was done with it? huh? how'd it feel, pussy?

take it to twitter tough guy

he can't block anymore!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

lol if you think in tyool 2018 laws matter at all

:negative:

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Talia Jane, the so-called Yelp girl, is stoked about this.( I actually enjoy her Twitter.)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vim Fuego posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

take it to twitter tough guy

he can't block anymore!

the people finally have the power!

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
So will Twitter remove the ban function from the @realdonaldtrump account or is someone going to chase him down and physically wrest the phone from his hands?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lacey posted:

So will Twitter remove the ban function from the @realdonaldtrump account or is someone going to chase him down and physically wrest the phone from his hands?
Nothing will happen because nobody will enforce it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
any mode of communication i choose is legally protected
*trump instinctively raises his hand for protection while i scream into his ears*
OOOOHHH THAT WAS A MISTAKE. YOU EVER HEARD OF THE 1ST AMENDMENT?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
On the one hand, Trump is an idiot and needs to be off Twitter.

On the other hand, this ruling just made blocking spam illegal for a government official. That's sort of dumb.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GORDON posted:

On the other hand, this ruling just made blocking spam illegal for a government official. That's sort of dumb.

I can’t imagine Trump reads any responses. Really the only issue was how people he blocked couldn’t see his tweets. If Twitter didn’t work that way this probably wouldn’t be an issue.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

GORDON posted:

Kiiiiiiiinda makes sense. Even spam is a form of communication, and it's communicating how the population is willing to accumulate wealth.

If it's problematic, elected officials should be made aware of it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GORDON posted:

Russia doesn’t do spam bots

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Lewd behavior and insults are not protected by the first amendment, so you guys will need to prove that getting your balls sucked by an elected official is a religion or a genuine political belief.

My friend have you heard of Discordianism

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

It’d be cool if Twitter automatically enforced this but their ceo is a chud so it’ll probably take a court order or something

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So, the president of the United States was ruled to be breaking the rights outlined in the constitution and still gets to be the president?

Also, I find it enjoyable to see so many news articles that refer to him as Mr. Trump instead of President Trump or anything similar.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So, the president of the United States was ruled to be breaking the rights outlined in the constitution and still gets to be the president?

Also, I find it enjoyable to see so many news articles that refer to him as Mr. Trump instead of President Trump or anything similar.

They called Obama “Mr Obama” too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

1. This is normal, but if the government were to keep enforcing a law or performing an action found unconstitutional I think the Supreme Court would find them in contempt, but in truth they can probably do whatever they want since America mostly has norms instead of laws lmao

2. This is standard (but old-fashioned) journalistic convention, mostly for older outlets - you see it a lot in the NYT and I think the WSJ might do it?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Quite often the first mention of a president will be President Obama and then after that they drop off the President.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He can still mute you, he just can't block because that stops you from being able to read his presidential decrees and he has a first amendment responsibility to not discriminate who gets to read those. He'll probably just ask Twitter to convert all his blocks to mutes.

Oh who am I kidding he'll go on a Twitter rant and then ignore the ruling and nobody will care.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 24, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Jesus Christ who cares Delete twittter

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

GORDON posted:

Not necessarily - there's ample precedent stating that commercial speech doesn't have quite the same level of First Amendment protection as personal speech.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Over There posted:

Delete twittter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Over There posted:

Delete twittter

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
seems kind of nonsensical because it's not like politicians can't screen their calls, mail, email and meetings.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Over There posted:

Jesus Christ who cares Delete twittter

i care.

i care very, very much.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

seems kind of nonsensical because it's not like politicians can't screen their calls, mail, email and meetings.

Mute is fine. He can mute people. Mute is one-way, block is two-way.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

GORDON posted:

Wtf is a government official doing on Twitter anyway nationalize that poo poo or get back to work rear end holes.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So does this mean twitter can't ban you because then you can't follow Trump?

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Excellent! Now I can tweet the president daily about how genetically-engineered cat girls assigned to our homes must be America’s first priority.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

trump will be successfully impeached for blocking me on twitter in defiance of the courts

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's interesting that I've sent him this multiple times and been blocked. Then a few days later I'm unblocked and can do it again.
https://twitter.com/Loddedin/status/999635107458768896

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"He swore to uphold the Constitution, not to uphold the Constitution, MAGA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
oh boy, goons posting their personal twitters always works out so well lol

• Locked thread