Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/business/media/trump-twitter-block.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
thats an interesting precedent. does this mean it is now illegal for Twitter to ban Lowtax?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol if you think in tyool 2018 laws matter at all

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

500 good dogs posted:

lol if you think in tyool 2018 laws matter at all

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Rutibex posted:

thats an interesting precedent. does this mean it is now illegal for Twitter to ban Lowtax?

I like where this is going. Unlimited twitter shitposting and cyberbullying for all.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
eagerly awaiting the new SCOTUS case on whether or not @fartgargler420's first amendment rights were infringed when he was blocked after calling trump "a fat bitch idiot" on twitter

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Have Blue posted:

eagerly awaiting the new SCOTUS case on whether or not @fartgargler420's first amendment rights were infringed when he was blocked after calling trump "a fat bitch idiot" on twitter

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I present to you, exhibit A."
*holds up poster sized photoshopped image of the goatman that has Trumps face at the far end of the anus*
"This was posted by "AnimeTitsMarxist", after which he was blocked. Mr. Trump, I need you to again consider this image closely and explain to the court how you felt mentally, physically, or financially damaged by this artwork. Again, I remind you that you are on the stand and under oath."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rutibex posted:

sadly no, the ruling specifies that it's due solely to the presidents unique position of authority and being required to be transparent with the people or some poo poo, it's fairly specific. I wouldn't be surprised to see it quickly overturned.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

sadly no, the ruling specifies that it's due solely to the presidents unique position of authority and being required to be transparent with the people or some poo poo, it's fairly specific. I wouldn't be surprised to see it quickly overturned.

no it doesnt, it's all public officials

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-23/trump-told-by-judge-not-to-block-users-from-his-twitter-feed posted:

"This case requires us to consider whether a public official may, consistent with the First Amendment, ‘block’ a person from his Twitter account in response to the political views that person has expressed, and whether the analysis differs because that public official is the President," Buchwald said. "The answer to both questions is no."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does this mean the President has to rate my dong if I tweet him an image of it?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wow, another way for the president to break the law, cool

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

Mega64 posted:

Yes

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Mega64 posted:

I'm no expert in Constitutional law but having the sitting President inspect your dick is most definitely without question what the Founding Fathers intended the 1st Amendment to be

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I think Trump would gladly tell you he has a better dick than you no matter who you are.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Your dong pic is now federally protected speech.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

no it doesnt, it's all public officials

and then you would consider lowtax a public official?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

and then you would consider lowtax a public official?

nope, i was addressing the other 99% of your "post" (if u can even call it that lmao)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cool i cant wait to tweet @realdonaldtrump SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMAN and AMERICA CAN SUCK A FART OUT OF MY rear end and BY THE WILL OF ALLAH I COMMAND YOU TO SUCK MY FREAKING BALLS

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

God bless America.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wow, does nobody understand how this Twitter thing works? Blocking prevents others from seeing what you post. Preventing some constituents you don't like from reading what you say is illegal. Unless of course, you are supreme dicktater for life. In that case you can execute people at will.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

"I present to you, exhibit A."
*holds up poster sized photoshopped image of the goatman that has Trumps face at the far end of the anus*
"This was posted by "AnimeTitsMarxist", after which he was blocked. Mr. Trump, I need you to again consider this image closely and explain to the court how you felt mentally, physically, or financially damaged by this artwork. Again, I remind you that you are on the stand and under oath."

https://i.imgur.com/ACdXrks.jpg :nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Lewd behavior and insults are not protected by the first amendment, so you guys will need to prove that getting your balls sucked by an elected official is a religion or a genuine political belief.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Lewd behavior and insults are not protected by the first amendment, so you guys will need to prove that getting your balls sucked by an elected official is a religion or a genuine political belief.

Would you like to hear about my new cult religion?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Neutrino posted:

Wow, does nobody understand how this Twitter thing works? Blocking prevents others from seeing what you post. Preventing some constituents you don't like from reading what you say is illegal. Unless of course, you are supreme dicktater for life. In that case you can execute people at will.

So if I block someone they can still tweet me?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rubellavator posted:

So if I block someone they can still tweet me?

They can still show up on your feces.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
looks like twitter has, in fact, been nationalized. intredasting

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don’t know if you’ve been reading the news or not, but “eat my balls” has been valid political discourse for the past few years.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

RoboCop 3 posted:

I don’t know if you’ve been reading the news or not, but “eat my balls” has been valid political discourse for the past few years.

And I'm glad of it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/flickerwindow/status/999424150656700416?s=21

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Vim Fuego posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

:hmmyes:

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Vim Fuego posted:

:trumppop:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Isn't it amazing how the human brain instantly recognizes this otherwise random pattern on top of a tub of margarine as the grotesque face of Trump?

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

when u block them but they still throwing shade

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I really wish I could see the tantrum he is throwing over this right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004