Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Oh No Ross and Carrie is pretty good. A good, chill podcast about skeptic investigators infiltrating fringe science, supernatural, and spirituality scenes and reporting back on the findings. Their coverage of Flat Earth believers was where I got started, so I'd recommend that, but anywhere is pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The history of Rome by Mike Duncan is real great if you're down with that topic. It's also like 180 episodes so there's a lot there to chew on

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfMSYgykc4

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
If she likes NPR, tell her to listen to Ear Hustle immediately. It's produced in San Quentin prison, one host is an inmate and the other host is a woman who volunteers there. They interview staff and inmates about different aspects of prison life, and while there's occasional profanity, it has a very calm, This American Life feel to it. It's the one podcast I recommend to everybody, regardless of their interests.

• Locked thread