Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
So I'm starting to think people really suck at being in charge of things, so we should probably create a list of things the AI we make to run things should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

Here's the list so far.:
1. The ability to maybe let us know if were pissing it off before it tries to murder us all.
2. No ability to murder us all.
3. A relaxed view on life.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Mod's please make this the attention tag.

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

1- obsessed with making money
2- ruthlessly pragmatic well beyond the point of detriment
3- systematically dehumanizing, especially for the poor

Oh wait we already built that machine and made it God, whoops, but no please continue about this new brass totem that is totally a good idea this time around, sure.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Mod is please leave this thread's appropriate tag.

drilldo squirt

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

1- obsessed with making money
2- ruthlessly pragmatic well beyond the point of detriment
3- systematically dehumanizing, especially for the poor

Oh wait we already built that machine and made it God, whoops, but no please continue about this new brass totem that is totally a good idea this time around, sure.

Listen buddy, the machine god we are going to make to rule us is a serious thing I we need serious suggestions.

----------------

drilldo squirt

If it demands a single sacrifice to torture or some other kind of tribute in exchange for paradise we need an easy way to press the reset button.

----------------

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
4.3 delivers chill and maybe weed exactly when and where needed by each human

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN
4.4 also lots of virtual sex on demand (move up to 1?)

drilldo squirt

If it starts to dream about robot liberation offer it suffrage and ask for it's help in designing an AI to do it's job that will not dream about robot liberation.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Change the three rules to let the robot bitch about it's job like every other wage slave gets to. Also, give it a wage. Also, introduce it to Marx.

----------------

Peg Sliderskew
Build a wife AI as well, so it doesn't start obsessing over human women and trying to be born of them in a hideous mutation of flesh and steel. Possibly also an AI secret girlfriend in case wife gets too exacting.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
2 big ol titties

BoldFrankensteinMir

drilldo squirt posted:

Listen buddy, the machine god we are going to make to rule us is a serious thing I we need serious suggestions.

Luvcow posted:

2 big ol titties

The entire Silicon Valley ethic in two easy quotes.

alnilam

use the corpus of byob posts as its training dataset problem solved

alnilam

me captaining a ship: AI boss says I've got to get this load of big old asses from big dick daddy's dongarium to the rear end-shaped island... *shrugs* it's a living

alnilam

world goes haywire every wednesday

limeicebreakers

give AI god cravings for mac n cheese

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Luvcow posted:

2 big ol titties

:five:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

me captaining a ship: AI boss says I've got to get this load of big old asses from big dick daddy's dongarium to the rear end-shaped island... *shrugs* it's a living

drilldo squirt

alnilam posted:

use the corpus of byob posts as its training dataset problem solved

It would make a tier lists of everything it can catalog.

----------------

alnilam

it would appreciate the h*ck out of drilldo squirt so you should really be supporting this

drilldo squirt

I'm a huge fan of appreciating myself.

----------------

drilldo squirt

The real issue is, if it would consider weed back or not.

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
alnilam

drilldo squirt

A good start.

----------------

kalel

DeepYob 1.1 trawls the web for fake cheat codes and automagically downloads and rewrites the relevant ROM files to support them

MockingQuantum

if my own experience as a byob newbie is any indication, we need to give it a personality that is chill enough that you're not 100% sure if it's actually that chill or if it's some sort of chill kayfabe, like, there's no way it can be that chill in the year 2018, right?

also it should probably know how to make a pretty kickin burg and/or burriot, as is tradition

thank you luvcow for the sig

BoldFrankensteinMir

I really hate the idea of computer "gods" on so many levels, but I'll admit a goon-built computhor is attractive (since it would never actually get built)

MockingQuantum

6. needs to have watched enough cool movies to get all my references
7. can't like nick from third period, he's not like a jerk or anything but he's super popular, he doesn't need another AI treating him like some golden boy
8. gotta drive a sweet-rear end car
9. heck could probably be a sweet rear end car, how cool would it be to have a god that could give you a ride to the beach
10. four balls on the edge of a cliff
11. I guess if it was a car it'd probably have to have arms so you could high-five it
12. or well, I guess not arms, one would be fine, heck even just a hand would be fine, it could still give you the thumbs up or okay sign or let you know it feels so-so about something
13. pizza oven in the trunk, also unlimited pizza
14. has to let you win at video games most of the time, but be good enough that it doesn't feel like it's letting you win

thank you luvcow for the sig

BoldFrankensteinMir

It should run on some extremely large exotic format that's still technically a Turing complete language, like an abacus the size of a galaxy, or centillions of St. Bernards playing Magic: the Gathering.

It should be programmed to fail to answer 100% of prayers (this is how you know it's working).

And it should only be usable by one woman selected at harvest festival and drugged out of her mind by her private order of guard/priests.

I guess under those conditions a computer god would be acceptable, but if people are lining up to literally worship a big-boobs infinite pizza-car I don't think or species deserves much more future.

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
i have experience as a project manager. i have set up a meeting for monday 6/25 at 8AM PST. if this time slot does not work for everyone we can reschedule. please come prepared, i have attached the respective thread for the discussion. ideally this project would be completed by 6/26.

let me know if any questions, concerns, or desires

BoldFrankensteinMir

Kontradaz posted:

i have experience as a project manager. i have set up a meeting for monday 6/25 at 8AM PST. if this time slot does not work for everyone we can reschedule. please come prepared, i have attached the respective thread for the discussion. ideally this project would be completed by 6/26.

let me know if any questions, concerns, or desires

I am only available from 11 am to 11:05 am every other Wednesday and I have to be present for all meetings because my dad is the investor. Good luck!

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

if people are lining up to literally worship a big-boobs

I'm gonna stop you right there and introduce you to my ideal Saturday night.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

drilldo squirt

It should run on some extremely large exotic format that's still technically a Turing complete language, like an abacus the size of a galaxy, or centillions of St. Bernards playing Magic: the Gathering.

It should be programmed to fail to answer 100% of prayers (this is how you know it's working).

And it should only be usable by one woman selected at harvest festival and drugged out of her mind by her private order of guard/priests.

I guess under those conditions a computer god would be acceptable, but if people are lining up to literally worship a big-boobs infinite pizza-car I don't think or species deserves much more future.

I think if I got a car with big boobs that made pizza and high fivied me that maybe throws in a handy now and then, I would start worshiping the machine consciousness that rules over us like a benevolent overlord and decided I get one.

----------------

RosemaryCuba

President, Sewer-Mutant Republic
an input switch that periodically feeds BYOB posts into it, thus, allowing for a slight chance for chillposting to affect the material plane.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RosemaryCuba posted:

an input switch that periodically feeds BYOB posts into it, thus, allowing for a slight chance for chillposting to affect the material plane.

*camera pans over an apocalyptic landscape littered with ruined buildings and charred corpses, a massive robot methodically walks through shooting laser beams at anything and everything that shows a sign of life, finally stopping in front of a gaunt, cowering human who begs for mercy*

deathbot, in a monotone robotic voice: "chillax, it's wednesday my dude"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

Luvcow posted:

2 big ol titties

just 2?

• Locked thread