Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Snore can be used while the user is asleep, which combos with Snorlax's Rest move. You should be able to read a description of each move in the Summary screen for your party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Thanks for giving the pup one more try.

If you need training (and you are underleveled), there's another route by fuchsia to the east that will lead back to Lavender town. There's plenty of trainers along there for some exp! I'm even willing to wait for the Safari game a while longer if it means you get to do this.

By the way, Spoiler for evolving Daigoro when you are ready Fire stone, I recommend you have him learn a good fire move beforehand or have a good fire TM ready. Many of the stone evolution pokemon don't learn moves by level up after they evolve, and this is one of them. It's my favorite mon

Also, even at an equal level that Muk is an annoying poo poo.

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 1, 2020

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Wow, the types of mons in that gym are all over the place, barely any actual poison types...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I don't mind at all if you go spend some time beating trainers on optional routes. Who knows, you might even run into a new neat Pokemon or two.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Would Shadow Punch be effective against Muk's evasion tactics?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Yes, but it wouldn't change the fact that Muk is significantly higher level so it's just not going to take a lot of damage from a low level Haunter.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

The Golux posted:

Wow, the types of mons in that gym are all over the place, barely any actual poison types...
It feels more like a Psychic type gym with a Poison gym leader than a Poison type gym. Which is weird, because it's not like there's a shortage of Poison type Pokemon in gen I. They had options other than Arbok.

There are actually as many Poison types introduced in gen I as introduced in gens II-VII combined. Kanto loves arbitrarily making things Poison.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
Seyzer, please. Your desire to bang your head against invisible walls until they break is admirable, and your successes thus far worthy of note. But please, if not for your own sanity, then for our hearts, pick 6 mons, wander into the grass outside Fuchsia, and do some level grinding.

Sabrina's going to rip out his intestine and use at as a condom to skullfuck him.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder how many times Seyser is gonna go through the Safari Zone to catch the Pokemon there as well as find the HM and the item needed for another one.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If Seyzer's having fun doing it like this, then more power to them imo.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
It's certainly more interesting than one-shotting everything with an overleveled Charizard!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The Golux posted:

Koga is interesting in that hes one of the few gym leaders that has a gimmick besides mono type. His gym is more of a status effect gym than a poison type gym, right down to the tm he gives you.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Seyser Koze posted:

Will we just do a training montage?

Getting everyone to at least around Level 35ish at least would be a good idea, yes.

Shwoo posted:

It feels more like a Psychic type gym with a Poison gym leader than a Poison type gym.

First Koga steals Sabrina's badge name, and now he's stealing her Gym Trainers? When will it end?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 1, 2020

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Shwoo posted:

It feels more like a Psychic type gym with a Poison gym leader than a Poison type gym. Which is weird, because it's not like there's a shortage of Poison type Pokemon in gen I. They had options other than Arbok.

There are actually as many Poison types introduced in gen I as introduced in gens II-VII combined. Kanto loves arbitrarily making things Poison.

I once read a theory somewhere that perhaps Poison was originally gonna be the game's 'evil' type, which would explain the number of Poison-types. Gotta make sure the villain team has variety for the player, after all.

And then they went and added an Evil/Dark type anyway. :v:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

At least Koga didn't keep his team of 3 Venonat and a level 50 Venomoth, Yellow was weird like that.

Anyway, so long as you have a few high level mons, you'll be just fine, feel free to keep using anything you want, but you will want to draw a line eventually where you don't add anything new to your roster.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Just posting to say I still read and enjoy this

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

At least Koga didn't keep his team of 3 Venonat and a level 50 Venomoth, Yellow was weird like that.

Anyway, so long as you have a few high level mons, you'll be just fine, feel free to keep using anything you want, but you will want to draw a line eventually where you don't add anything new to your roster.

The modern EXP Share is so good because it lets you actually play like an anime character and constantly rotate your cast instead of just running with whatever you catch before about Vermillion City.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

SirSamVimes posted:

If Seyzer's having fun doing it like this, then more power to them imo.

At the rate the level gulf has been expanding I don't think there's a whole lot of choice.

It's all right, I've been looking for an opportunity to put the Vs. Seeker to work for a while.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Still having a blast seeing you go through the game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Same, the idea of not knowing every single typing, match-up, and move effect is completely amazing to me. And, it's even Gen 3 where you actually have to try because the enemy 'mons have actual movesets and not just Poison Sting and Scratch and poo poo.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I guess I should start backing up the thread or something huh

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Probably not a bad idea. Lot of people are migrating over to LP.zone as well, for reasons.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hopefully the mods and admins will be able to keep this forum going and it will turn out to have not been necessary.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SirSamVimes posted:

Hopefully the mods and admins will be able to keep this forum going and it will turn out to have not been necessary.

Yep, but good sense remains that you hope for the best even as you expect the worst.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Omnicrom posted:

Probably not a bad idea. Lot of people are migrating over to LP.zone as well, for reasons.

LP zone is really bad for SSLPs so the goons in the LP Discord have been working on a better alternative.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
So in case it wasn't obvious I haven't actually done any of the LPing I'd planned to do over the past week on account of not knowing whether Lpix would still be around for much longer. I don't know if they're enforcing toxxes during this period or not, but in the event that I do eat a ban, I guess I'll be waiting until I know the transfer of ownership is complete before re-regging.

also grinding is really boring

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you don't get a toxx exemption for special circumstances, it'll be a travesty.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

What is toxx? Sorry, I've mostly just been here for LPs so there's a lot of SA that I don't know.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
A toxx is basically a bet that you'll complete an action, with the consequence being a ban. On SA bans can be removed by paying $10 unless you are permabanned. There's a useful link right next to the forum rules in the top bar called SAclopedia that can answer a lot of random questions, but I would also take things in there with a pretty large grain of salt. For example, imagine you're reading through debate& discussion subforum and see someone accused of Arzying. You can then look that up in the SAclopedia and find this page: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2431

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Golux posted:

What is toxx? Sorry, I've mostly just been here for LPs so there's a lot of SA that I don't know.

A bet that, when you lose it, gets you banned. Which means you need to rebuy your account for $10 (and also your paid account upgrades are gone).

OP did a toxx about posting a new LP update regularly.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Oh OK

Yeah I think this is a reasonable exception to "regularly"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looks like the forums are staying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not to mention the OP never got banned for failing the Toxx.