Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Kaubocks posted:

here u go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXfNluxZ4I

you can disable voices in game to get around having to hear her scream all the time, i believe

Oh wow, no wonder she was melting everything vaguely on screen, the splash on the Norfleet is insane. I've run with a Best Friends Forever + Conference Call build, but that's a whole new level!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
This has been great fun to watch. Made me want to fire it up again, it's pretty good for some mindless shootin' and lootin'.

I have the game on Steam with a bunch (but not all) of the DLC. I have the UCP configured and running. Not sure if I'm doing the cheat engine stuff correctly though. I have it installed, I have a loot table from TechnoJacker in April 2017. Is that the most current one? I noticed the memory addresses for loot rarities in CE were different than your screen, not sure if that's because of the UCP or not.

Is that the one you are using?

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Very nice LP, looking forward to the next one! This LP got me to play and finish Borderlands 2, and buy and play Pre-Sequel a bit. Playing solo kind of sucks, though. It feels like, playing alone, I have maybe 10% as enjoyable as game as you two do just by virtue of having someone else to save you from all the super cheep deaths.

And I know death is meaningless and only costs you money in the game, and literally the only time I ever saw an item I wanted but couldn't afford was in the tutorial town before I did a single mission.

But I still hate it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Gothsheep posted:

Playing solo kind of sucks, though. It feels like, playing alone, I have maybe 10% as enjoyable as game as you two do just by virtue of having someone else to save you from all the super cheep deaths.

Try playing it on the Xbox where you have to deal with the poo poo loot tables as well. :suicide:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

crestfallen posted:

I have the game on Steam with a bunch (but not all) of the DLC. I have the UCP configured and running. Not sure if I'm doing the cheat engine stuff correctly though. I have it installed, I have a loot table from TechnoJacker in April 2017. Is that the most current one? I noticed the memory addresses for loot rarities in CE were different than your screen, not sure if that's because of the UCP or not.

Is that the one you are using?
the technojacker table is the one we use, yeah. i'm unsure of the exact date on it but 2017 sounds right, it's not like it has a reason to get updated very frequently these days

the values you see in mine are ones i explicitly set. first launch the game, get into gameplay proper, then launch the table. click through to the drop mod and drop modifier drop downs, then once the values populate, double click on the value to change it. once it's changed that should be it-- you can run around sanctuary to verify. if you just use the values we use you should get a ton of eridium and maybe an orange or two

Gothsheep posted:

Very nice LP, looking forward to the next one! This LP got me to play and finish Borderlands 2, and buy and play Pre-Sequel a bit. Playing solo kind of sucks, though. It feels like, playing alone, I have maybe 10% as enjoyable as game as you two do just by virtue of having someone else to save you from all the super cheep deaths.

And I know death is meaningless and only costs you money in the game, and literally the only time I ever saw an item I wanted but couldn't afford was in the tutorial town before I did a single mission.

But I still hate it.

nah i feel that. if you're on PC you could at least play with randos which isn't always a terrible time (but not always great either), but the game is imo definitely more enjoyable with a friend. which is a bit of a cop out because of course everything is more fun with a friend, but eh.

TPS only has a fraction of the BL2 population, though, for reasons we'll get into once we start posting videos of that (should be going up this upcoming monday!)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey folks! the bonus stream i briefly mentioned last time seems like it may not be happening? but also i might bother panzer about a different bonus stream w/r/t borderlands 2? up in the air.

in the meanwhile, we have a new thread for the pre-sequel over here!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

brushing the dust off this six month old thread to bring you all some bad news

we're back

Episode #46: Commander Lilith and the Free DLC

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

You'll know the magic is back once you reach four minutes and fourty-five seconds.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

turns out the enemies are as beefy as we remember

Episode #47: The Sponge Returns

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As far as how this happened, I'd imagine that considering all the stories of game developers and movie makers accidentally losing or overwriting their work, a good number of developers keep a full backup copy of their codebase as standard operating procedure. Then you just need to retrain the coders to ignore whatever improvements you made to your engine in the interim. Considering that they only put out like two actual new games between Pre-Sequel and now, I doubt there was even much retraining involved.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The plant fuckers are extra beefy because the spore mechanic is there to mitigate that. They generally dont make you fight them without a reliabe source of spore cloud.

The new pandora guys just poo poo out damage though, even the scrub recon guys. And their badasses are just as beefy as the plant guys.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The plant fuckers are extra beefy because the spore mechanic is there to mitigate that. They generally dont make you fight them without a reliabe source of spore cloud.

The new pandora guys just poo poo out damage though, even the scrub recon guys. And their badasses are just as beefy as the plant guys.

I can't wait until they meet the New Pandora Marksmen and their etech sniper rifles

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys i love scooter

Episode #48: Space Cowboy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

unbeknownst to anyone, marcus and earl are annoying, but let's ignore that while we check out the scooter crater

Episode #49: In Memoriam

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
see you space cowboy o7

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Related: SGDQ all quests run with four runners, three computers, one gaige, and five mice.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

panzer and i just found out that the commander lilith dlc is going to start costing $15 starting tomorrow???? or maybe today. anyway for unrelated reasons here's a another episode if you for some reason decide you don't want to play this

Episode #50: Bloodshart Rampots

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kaubocks

You keep skipping the explosive axe throw skill
Since before this DLC

It is mortally painful for me to watch and I start to think you do it on purpose.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Deliverance was a pretty good gun. You unfairly belittle the good name of Tediore.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It is mortally painful for me to watch and I start to think you do it on purpose.

lmao if you think i remember what i did yesterday let alone six months ago when the LP was active

there's no intent there's just not giving a good gosh darn

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in this episode we put a smaller rocket in a bigger rocket and then zed gets weirdly horny

Episode #51: Zed's Nightmare

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

zed gets weirdly horny

well this is disturbing turn of events

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Every time I see this thread I can't help but go "think of all the better games you could be playing"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

not really feeling the writing in this one, folks

Episode #52: Death of a Talesman

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Uhhhh starting to feel like "Main line Borderlands with Tales characters" mighta been a monkeypaw wish

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Guys, I'm beginning to think that Anthony Burch was the best writer we're gonna have in the main line Borderlands games and I'm scared.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This stream is making me less and less sad that I didn't download the new thing. It's just....more of the same. Albeit less funny.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnSmith posted:

This stream is making me less and less sad that I didn't download the new thing. It's just....more of the same. Albeit less funny.

i got news on what borderlands 3 is extremely likely to be :v:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Psion posted:

Yeah, well, I never bought a PS4 anyway...

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

As long as Cheat engine or a UCP is made to fix it, it'll be fine!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

mastersord posted:

As long as Cheat engine or a UCP is made to fix it, it'll be fine!

Cheat Engine isn't going to fix the terrible writing.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Just mod all dialogue and subtitles to Pre-sequel's "durrr"

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

Just mod all dialogue and subtitles to Pre-sequel's "durrr"

Move over Simpsons Shitposting.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

whoops; i published the next video on youtube but was too defeated by it to remember posting it in here

Episode #53: ugh

hopefully this is the last one for real this time! thanks for watching our glorious comeback!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Yikes what a bad note to end it on. Thanks again for providing funny commentary over this really bad game and cementing my belief that I should never ever buy any borderlands-related games.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Kaubocks posted:

whoops; i published the next video on youtube but was too defeated by it to remember posting it in here

Episode #53: ugh

hopefully this is the last one for real this time! thanks for watching our glorious comeback!

You're FREEEEEEEEE

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Veloxyll posted:

You're FREEEEEEEEE
HEY, we have to delay Borderlands 3 for REASONS, so a NEW 6 hours Borderlands 2 DLC!

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
With how bad this DLC is and how everything with Gearbox seems to be getting worse by the day I hope that both of you end up skipping 3 because that game just seems like it is gonna end up being heartbreaking for you two.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The only thing you missed out on of any real note was the Overcompensator, a Hyperion shotgun that has a surfer dudebro voice whenever you fire it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
You MUST rescue Queen Butt Stallion once more! The wonder team of Brick and Tiny Tina need your assistance on this quest.