Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

White Coke posted:

Is Alan Smithee a secret boss?

Shoot John Q. Public until he dies.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

This game is hard goddammit. John Doe is stronger than John Reid.

Ummmm... I'm not sure which episode corresponds to the point to the point where you've started posting the videos in the thread and had the opportunity to review them, but here's my take from waching the episodes so far:
Drinking blood from enemies gives you no xp. Zero. Zilch. Drinking blood from enemies when you're at full blood health is thus completely pointless. In this case, you'd be better off just getting some hits in.

E: Also, you've completely forgotten to re-investigate the patient's corpse in the morgue after you died.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 5, 2018

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

Ummmm... I'm not sure which episode corresponds to the point to the point where you've started posting the videos in the thread and had the opportunity to review them (1), but here's my take from waching the episodes so far:
Drinking blood from enemies gives you no xp (2). Zero. Zilch. Drinking blood from enemies when you're at full blood health is thus completely pointless. In this case, you'd be better off just getting some hits in.

E: Also, you've completely forgotten to re-investigate the patient's corpse in the morgue after you died.(3)

1) That's episode 2
2) I don't realize it until much, much later :v:
3) Yeah, I never realized that I have to do it again after dying. For some reason, I assumed at first that my progress would be saved and then forgot about it when I realized that it wasn't

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You should spam autophagy a lot more. Like, a lot more.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 5, 2018

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

You should spam autophagy a lot more. Like, a lot more.

I know :v:

I am now introduced to the curing mechanics and it is more straightforward than I thought. This episode is also exclusively talking, with a reveal of a familiar character. She gives us a [weird?] quest.

This also officially marks the last time I am being an incompetent moron about the leveling system!

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Alexeythegreat posted:

This also officially marks the last time I am being an incompetent moron about the leveling system!

So, just incompetent, then? :haw:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It's... interesting, reflecting on how the game starts, about the origins of vampirism, or proto-vampirism, in European culture - the closest word used to describe some kind of a creature that returned from the dead to consume blood or cause other types of mischief was a revenant, or the equivalent, like Vrykolakas in Greece or Strigoi in Slavic-language countries. Basically the idea was someone who returned from the dead, but was still linked to their physical, buried body - unlike a ghost. Vampires are always associated with a corporeal element, even if in the old legends it is a combination of the two (i.e. the 'spirit' is controlled by the body, and if the body is destroyed/treated, the spirit is, too). In a lot of modern vampire lit, it's all about a person being bitten and that's it, but here, we have our PC pulling himself out of a charnel pit. It's very... back to basics. At least in that regard.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
He was bitten. His "corpse" was found and thrown into a mass grave.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

To be sure, yes. I just mean that with how vampires are usually represented there's usually not a 'return from the dead' scene anymore.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just caught up and I'm not sure if you have done it yet, but you keep walking by the ambulance driver who you need to give the wallet back to.

also you should ask Nurse Hawkins about her relationship with the ambulance driver, which was a question for them that you unlocked a few episodes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
this thread has been visited by BATS!

• Locked thread