Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

can we pivot this thread to talk about why the forum needs jquery for responsive reflows?

i feel like this table of cries can be handled in css with a pile of breakpoints. something like awful.ipa would be alright as long as it tucked the misc cruft out of the way in the same manor

you're hired!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the awful ios app just hosts a webview pointed to a thread and applies styles to it. just copy that stuff.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
whoa, there

this is a volunteer position. you'll get no actual money, and lord knows there's no equity, but exposure is basically gold right?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

whoa, there

this is a volunteer position. you'll get no actual money, and lord knows there's no equity, but exposure is basically gold right?

working on this site would be more a "labor of love" kind of thing, I'd think.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

you're hired!

akadajet posted:

the awful ios app just hosts a webview pointed to a thread and applies styles to it. just copy that stuff.

perfect! *copies just enough css while browsing stack overflow* should take 6-8 weeks, boss

i thought the ios app did some data scraping to arrange things easily, but i started tinkering and its not impossible to bully the table into a single column while still keeping the data flow. theres users with assistive tech thatd be happy to hear that. anything more like minimized reply options could be simplified to icons with hidden labels to maintain consistency

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

this would never have happened if lowtax had just let that guy rewrite the forums in forth or prolog or whatever the gently caress it was

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it was elixir

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Agile Vector posted:

perfect! *copies just enough css while browsing stack overflow* should take 6-8 weeks, boss

i thought the ios app did some data scraping to arrange things easily, but i started tinkering and its not impossible to bully the table into a single column while still keeping the data flow. theres users with assistive tech thatd be happy to hear that. anything more like minimized reply options could be simplified to icons with hidden labels to maintain consistency

it does scraping for most things but not once you're in a thread

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Sounds like a job for...

MACHINE LEARNING

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i would like to take a moment to lol @ the new pinned admin notice and thank lowtax for his quick response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

it does scraping for most things but not once you're in a thread

oh drat that is some really slick css

i looked at it last night and its certainly nicely done. im guessing it just adds some ios elements for menus then?

• Locked thread