Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
idk, maybe in tyool 2018 community standards are a thing?

i mean, probably not here, but come on. getting trolled by your own ad system.

a shameful ad system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
jQueery

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

there are parts of sa culture that really suck

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865980
There's worse poo poo that needs to be dealt with right now but the only person who can do anything about it hasn't posted in 2 months

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Booourns posted:

There's worse poo poo that needs to be dealt with right now but the only person who can do anything about it hasn't posted in 2 months

the search index hasn't been updated in 2 months (something else that needs fixing)

try this link
https://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=27691

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

akadajet posted:

the search index hasn't been updated in 2 months (something else that needs fixing)

try this link
https://forums.somethingawful.com/search.php?action=do_search_posthistory&userid=27691
i think booourns meant zdr, whose profile says his last post was in july

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Booourns posted:

jfc. who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there's a thread in qqcs, fyi

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

another one? i just made this one here because of the hilarious pinned jQuery thread.

lowtax needs developers!

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone buy lowtax a book about programming so maybe he can fix poo poo himself instead of relying on goons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao. they nuked the qqcs thread completely

not gaschambered, just removed it. i guess someone noticed.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

wow they did too lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
guess that's one way to take care of things

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
maybe because there's already a sticky already idk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

maybe because there's already a sticky already idk

nah it was a thread about the slur banner ads

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, i mean there's the virus banner ads, but everyone already has those blocked.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

That means it got moved to the mod forum I think.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hopefully someone in there knows jQuery

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hopefully someone in there knows jQuery

mods knew jquery

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Nice!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol, they sure love a good cover up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm assuming saltfish is right and they've just pulled it into mod only to discuss whatever infernal machinations they must invoke to pull ads

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

i'm assuming saltfish is right and they've just pulled it into mod only to discuss whatever infernal machinations they must invoke to pull ads

still a bit weird tbh - why can't they have a ~secret mod forum~ thread to discuss it but also allow the qcs thread to remain where it was?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Hammerite posted:

still a bit weird tbh - why can't they have a ~secret mod forum~ thread to discuss it but also allow the qcs thread to remain where it was?

people are uploading edgy banners because of the thread, maybe it's damage control

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machinations

good one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

OldAlias posted:

it's damage control

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

paying for lowtax's spine to own the libs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

akadajet posted:

try this link

oh ok I thought I was doing something wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you are, trying to use search

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I for one am 100% shocked and surprised that a thread in which people were openly saying "check out this link to a collection of kp" got removed from public sight.

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight

Salt Fish posted:

I for one am 100% shocked and surprised that a thread in which people were openly saying "check out this link to a collection of kp" got removed from public sight.

actually, that thread is still live

it was another thread about homophobic ads that got removed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

newsflash: that's not the one that got pulled

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

because of course it's not

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Did the ad get pulled tho because all I see is the usual ones (some thread, goonfleet, coffee, some let's play or whatever)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

maybe? i just said gently caress it and ad blocked goon ads on my desktop, but the phone isn't showing any of them (there were a half dozen or so) through multiple reloads

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
look at the pinned thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

more decisive action, courtesy of yospos

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

newsflash: that's not the one that got pulled

Ha.... okay weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

can we pivot this thread to talk about why the forum needs jquery for responsive reflows?

i feel like this table of cries can be handled in css with a pile of breakpoints. something like awful.ipa would be alright as long as it tucked the misc cruft out of the way in the same manor

• Locked thread