Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sakurazuka posted:

In the cheats menu there should be options for what uh damage you want to do, you have to enable one of those first (can't remember if it's actually called cheats, where ever you change costumes and stuff).

:downs: I am a jackass, thank you!

One more Q: how do you get the first Sleepy during the second half of Route 65? With the darkness. I don’t see a way in.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pollyanna posted:

:downs: I am a jackass, thank you!

One more Q: how do you get the first Sleepy during the second half of Route 65? With the darkness. I don’t see a way in.

use the fire and the cymbal monkey to become a head and roll under the rubble. It's hard to see but there's a gap there

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Thank you!! The lack of light really hosed me up there.

Getting the NG+ messages and the last few donuts now. I’m not crying :cry:

Edit: I’m like 15 donuts short and I found all the sleepies. I wish this game displayed donuts per chapter :(

Edit 2: and of course as soon as I post that there’s an entire section of the power room that I missed. Goooooooood. Now I’m only missing 3...

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 30, 2018

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Re Emily and JJ, I think it's pretty clear from the opening scene at the camp site that Emily wants to gently caress, but JJ has too much dysphoria going on for that to be an option. Probably if you asked Emily she'd say they're dating, but JJ has too many issues going on to be sure if it really counts if there's no sex.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Finally found that last donut. Thank god for 100% completion bonuses :unsmith:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ZiegeDame posted:

Re Emily and JJ, I think it's pretty clear from the opening scene at the camp site that Emily wants to gently caress, but JJ has too much dysphoria going on for that to be an option. Probably if you asked Emily she'd say they're dating, but JJ has too many issues going on to be sure if it really counts if there's no sex.

I'd agree with you there but that camp scene never happened in reality, so idk

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

CharlestonJew posted:

I'd agree with you there but that camp scene never happened in reality, so idk

I mean, we know from the text messages that they did go camping together, and Emily wasn't doing the Twin Peaks backwards talk thing, so I don't see any reason that scene should be considered any less real than the text messages or the final scene.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pollyanna posted:

Finally found that last donut. Thank god for 100% completion bonuses :unsmith:

Somehow I knew you'd like the final unlock. (I'm not crying, you're crying!)

Holy poo poo, it's been... More than a week since I've finished this game, and I 100%-ed it the next day. And I'm still thinking about it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mikl posted:

Somehow I knew you'd like the final unlock. (I'm not crying, you're crying!)

Holy poo poo, it's been... More than a week since I've finished this game, and I 100%-ed it the next day. And I'm still thinking about it.

I knew it was some sort of final picture, so I thought it was going to be J.J. and Emily at graduation as they normally look, but J.J. with brown/grey eyes instead of blue. What was there works too, of course!

vvv “Regeneration” is a very good way to explain it.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 31, 2018

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I still think about it like two months later. And I'm not even someone it's explicitly directed to! It's powerful stuff. It really did something wonderful for one of my friends, and made her feel a lot better about everything. "This is a story about regeneration!"

Also, about that first puzzle mentioned, I... somehow figured it out and I didn't even get what it was referencing. It just seemed intuitive so I'm not even sure how I figured it out in like two minutes. So probably understandable that it got people stuck.

As for the bowling alley puzzle, It took me a bit of looking at it to figure it out, but IIRC you had to match up the actions of the cardboard cutouts to the backgrounds. The astronaut is jumping up, as if to block the basketball player, etc. It took me a while to piece together, but it at least makes coherent sense once you see it.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

Hello The Missing thread, I bought this game on several recommendations (we are absolutely loving it over in the dedicated transgender thread on these forums, for pretty obvious reasons).

I don't suppose you've got a link? I've never strayed out of the video games subforum and didn't even know we had a thread for that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We actually have two! Or three-ish.

One is this one which is basically Trans Chat Thread. Sometimes it goes into serious talk.

The second is the "serious" trans thread, which is reserved for serious talk and is not very active, but gets some posts now and then.

And the third-ish is the fabgoons thread, a.k.a. the general LGBT+ chat thread, and there's some overlap in posters between this one and the first one I posted.

The thread where I was recommended this game was the first one, and there was (and still is to an extent) a cycle of one poster going "folks I've played The Missing and it's a really good game, check it out" and another one replying "I will *two days later* holy poo poo folks go play The Missing right now", and the cycle repeating with another poster.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013
Thank you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Mikl posted:

We actually have two! Or three-ish.

One is this one which is basically Trans Chat Thread. Sometimes it goes into serious talk.

The second is the "serious" trans thread, which is reserved for serious talk and is not very active, but gets some posts now and then.

And the third-ish is the fabgoons thread, a.k.a. the general LGBT+ chat thread, and there's some overlap in posters between this one and the first one I posted.

The thread where I was recommended this game was the first one, and there was (and still is to an extent) a cycle of one poster going "folks I've played The Missing and it's a really good game, check it out" and another one replying "I will *two days later* holy poo poo folks go play The Missing right now", and the cycle repeating with another poster.

Should drag them into this thread to talk about it if they still care about it! Could always use more to lure people into this great game.