Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Docjowles posted:

Can we please switch over to the reality where Trump making GBS threads things up in Buffalo as the league’s worst owner is the extent of his damage?

Somehow the world would be even worse if he owned the Bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dunked

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1059623515299680261?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

indigi posted:

I fully understand that this is due to my own ignorance, but it's wild that a guy can get to the NFL without learning how to run routes, or that running routes is a particularly difficult skill to learn. if someone has enough athleticism to make it as a WR, how can route running elude them? is there anything I can read/watch about route running that would help me wrap my head around this

Easy, be fast enough when young that all you need to know is a vague point on the field to make your turn. You never have to learn to fake or actually run technical schemes because you can win the footrace.

Then they get old or injured and can't do that anymore, but still try.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

indigi posted:

meep zorp does not compute

yeah... there is just no way you reach the point of owning an NFL team without being a horrifying human being. His kink just hasn't come out yet.

Signing Eric Reid was cool and good but give it time.

lmao

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

This is the darkest timeline

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pyromance posted:

What did Jim Irsay do that makes him worse than Jerry Jones?

Nothing. Irsay's a good owner that likes to give out money and tickets and get high. The worst thing he does is open his mouth about the team when he shouldn't.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Nothing. Irsay's a good owner that likes to give out money and tickets and get high. The worst thing he does is open his mouth about the team when he shouldn't.

Yeah, all you have to do to be in the top half of owners is get wasted and party and sign the checks and not do a racism or fraud

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Wasn't Paul Allen generally thought of as the best owner
Yeah, though you can argue it’s a relative thing.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Mark Davis was great until he hired Gruden

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Didn't he murder a woman a few years ago?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/1059665826813542401

Also stuck by Dak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Blitz7x posted:

This is the darkest timeline

It's the time line the Raiders deserve.

Also lol. Garrett is the 2nd longest tenured coach in Cowboys History behind Tom Landry.

He has 1 playoff win.

• Locked thread