Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Ok guys if my calculations are correct (and they’re often not) everyone has reported getting their package. If anyone hasn’t gotten something please speak up so I can commence head bashing.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

Ok I have been elected THE PRESIDENT by El Dorito and he bought me a very cool manual called HOW TO BE PRESIDENT. It's very cool and very good and I am currently speaking with my lawyer about firing everyone, very good firing, very fine people on both sides of being fired, in order to hire new ones. As THE PRESIDENT, I hereby declare all ketchup illegal and also the only good gummy bears are Haribo. NO QUESTIONS.

:3:

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

finally, CDs by ELP! someow I must have given away somewhere on the forums that I'm a huge nerd who loves prog rock

:hfive:

Manifisto

holy heck everyone, this is the best secret santa EVER!!

friend vanisher has taken the satan theme to a ridiculous extreme, starting with this over-the-top cover letter:

I note that he has kindly put the "hell" in "hello" with some neat cards that have a very revealing message on the back (they all say "Have a great day!"). there is also a cool puzzle I can't wait to share with my mom, the puzzle fiend, and some soap that invites me to "unleash my inner man," I don't remember swallowing a man but he'll certainly appreciate the scrub.

but there's more! some interesting looking hard candy, a bunch of dad jokes (a vanisher specialty), a nice reminder that the destination is the journey, and--this completely blows away my attempts at byob-themed edibles in past secret santas--a whole container of m&ms with byob colors and sayings, such as "chill," "byob," "just post", and the hammock cat. this reminds me of something I say sometimes and find to be really true: our forum is an outer shell of appealing friendliness, concealing a dark inner secret of . . . well, more friendliness.

but of course the byob spirit, more than any knicknack, is a tremendous gift and one for which I am very thankful. not just to vanisher, but to all of us!

edit: I forgot to mention--I didn't take a photo, but the interior of the box was filled with glitter stars that got absolutely EVERYWHERE but somehow I can't be mad, it looked awesome

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 21, 2018

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

oh my god the m&ms

ty manifisto

vanisher

I'm glad you liked it! That puzzle seems cool but the reviews say its very difficult so good luck. I saw the beer candy and had to get it, I'm sure it's terrible.

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

oh my god the m&ms

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

oh my god the m&ms

but also that letter/picture of hell, lmao

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

but also that letter/picture of hell, lmao

yeah the upside down tree was real good

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

oh my god the m&ms

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

City of Glompton posted:

this has been a beautiful yobmas to watch and i am sad to not participate but i am glad to see such good santa-ing nice work everyone :love:

I couldn't agree more! I wish I had participated. It warms my heart to see the true spirit of Yobmas, and this year I really need that.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I will send whoever wants one a Satan gift.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Thank you for the kind offer, Alnilam. It's not the gifts themselves, but the true spirit of seeing fellow yobbers send total irl strangers thoughtful and cool gifts that makes me happy. My early new years resolution is to be a better poster and a better person, and to be more of a part of the BYOB community in 2019. Merry Yobmas to all and to all a good night!

Jaded Burnout

My bonsai gift has been sitting on the counter for a couple of weeks, and now it's time to simulate winter, ironically. 10 weeks in my fridge!

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

My bonsai gift has been sitting on the counter for a couple of weeks, and now it's time to simulate winter, ironically. 10 weeks in my fridge!

Holy crap the start up is intense

Jaded Burnout

FluffieDuckie posted:

Holy crap the start up is intense

The patience required is very on brand for bonsai.

alnilam

I'm going to unsticky as final gift reports continue to roll in

Yob bless us everyone

ty manifisto

Jaded Burnout

Are we waiting on any more? tvsveryown post your presents

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

Are we waiting on any more? tvsveryown post your presents

bump

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
funniest thing I've ever seen from any secret santa thread, it's from 2016 and archived so can't get the full quote + pictures but from this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755913&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

budget prefuse posted:

so here i am relaxing on the second day of christmas when i hear something being thrown against my door. i open it to find a brown package with no address or name on it but it's covered in blood and smells like piss so i'm PRETTY sure it's from my B Y O B secret santa! (squee!)

let's open it up!

o m g it's literal trash. i love trash! this little guy is going to feel right at home among my other empty soda cans (in the trash can)

it's day of the tentacle on a floppy disk. love it! i'm sure you must have searched your attic for at least 5 minutes to find this. what a thoughtful gift.

an old dirty harmonica! i don't recall mentioning it around here, but i have no idea how to play one of these loving things. awesome!

and last but definitely least

it's a used piece of tissue! haha. it's cold so i've definitely got a seasonal reason for using it. too bad you thought of the same thing and used it first!

well that's it. that's everything that was in the box. thank you so much. love the gifts. please stop throwing dead pigeons at my window

FluffieDuckie

we should have sent him something this year as well

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
that's the reason i haven't participated in any secret santa since then lol. it was the year i gave gifts so bad fyad made fun of me

i still like reading these threads every year though!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Papa Was A Video Toaster

So many nice gifts from my friend Jaded Burnout that I'm just now escaping from under them.

This cute frog has some of the most powerful flavor text ever printed:

This dabbing Santa hat has affinity for holiday parties and gives +10 to dabs:

And last but not least, I asked for and received not one, but two embarrassing marijuana torso coverings:

Sorry for being such a bum, JB. I got both shirts dirty very quickly and just did laundry today.

Merry Yobmas everybody!

FluffieDuckie

that skull tshirt is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

So many nice gifts from my friend Jaded Burnout that I'm just now escaping from under them.

This cute frog has some of the most powerful flavor text ever printed:

This dabbing Santa hat has affinity for holiday parties and gives +10 to dabs:

And last but not least, I asked for and received not one, but two embarrassing marijuana torso coverings:

Sorry for being such a bum, JB. I got both shirts dirty very quickly and just did laundry today.

Merry Yobmas everybody!

<3