Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

It's everyone's favorite time of year - the byob secret santa! This is kind of a big undertaking so i'm going to ask you guys to read all this carefully

Also since not everyone celebrates christmas specifically, if you prefer you can call it the
:devil::twisted::devil: BYOB SECRET SATAN :devil::twisted::devil:
:tfrxmas::tfrxmas::tfrxmas:

Rules

(1) To participate you must have made at least 10 posts in byob in the last year.

(2) you may choose to receive steam game(s) or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. (you may also provide both snail mail address and steam information and let your santa pick)

(3) To sign up you must do 2 things.

- Send an email to FluffieDuckie@somethingawful.com with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a steam game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are nsfw or drug related, and likes and dislikes. if you're accepting steam gifts include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and i need to be sure that the random email i received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a steam game or forum upgrade instead

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and i need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the drat gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something don't sign up. Don't ruin xXxmas dammit

-----------------------------

Deadlines:

November 25: Deadline to send your address and write your letter to santa

December 1st: We will email you your santee's info

December 10: International shipping deadline (and things may still get delayed because customs sucks but we will have tried)

December 17: Drop dead deadline to ship your gift or send your steam game or forum upgrade. (keep your mailing receipt in case something is lost or delayed so you can avoid being declared a deadbeat).

Ready set ho, ho, ho!
:tfrxmas::tfrxmas::tfrxmas:

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hail beloved secret Satan,

Greetings from the midst of an ice storm, as this part of hell is currently frozen over. I'm sending you this from the comfort of my heating vents, where I shall live awaiting pancakes and the thaw of hell. Also gifts, preferably things with the funny we'd number, things regarding Satan and witchcraft (I'm actually an irl forest witch so I really like things that are esoteric), dogs, sheep, alpacas, goats (hail Black Phillip), and video games that are cute or horrifying, preferably of the PS4 variety since I am currently addicted to having thumbcramps.

I don't really need any t-shirts but if you wanna buy Frank or Pete something (my dark hellhounds), they're medium sized cocker spaniels and can destroy most things with their jaws, so KONG toys are good. Also I'm really into weird snacks but don't eat meat or fish or dairy or quinoa due to weird allergies. I like strange political (read: FORBIDDEN) jokes, and don't mind drug related or nsfw stuff. I've also been reading a lot of weird texts from the mid 13th century if you wanna go on a hosed up book hunt because I mean, witches.

Also I like baby animals so, I mean, baby animals.

Eternally hailing you,

Hamjobs, from the web site something awfuk dot com

sb hermit

Hail beloved envoy of whatever gift-giving avatar that represents your deity of choice. Or if you do not believe in any deities, then just believe in yourself. Or believe in me, because I believe in you.

Please bestow upon me what you wish, as long as it is not illegal (yes, this still includes weed) and not 18+. I wish for people to enjoy what they like, but it’s not for me. No tobacco (I don’t smoke). Alcohol, however, is fine. T-shirt size is men’s medium or large. I am not allergic to anything.

To narrow things down, if needed, I love travel books, especially hiking guides of local places, or restaurants featuring local dishes. Maps would work too. But anything you find interesting would be fine, even if it’s fiction or philosophy. If you want to get me a game, then a horror game would be fantastic. Seriously, I’m not picky.

I am willing to ship internationally. I haven’t really done it before but I’ve seen the shipping charges and I’m willing to try it out.

May your path be filled with many good dogs,

el dorito

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 19, 2018

Jaded Burnout

Hello Santana, I hope you are wel.

Things I would like

I'm currently in the process of throwing out lots of stuff, and my main criteria for keeping a thing is "could I easily replace it". So along those lines, I would be happy to receive something special or interesting, like an art for my house or a curious book. Whatever really, so long as it's not something you'd throw away during a bout of brutal spring cleaning.

If you want to get something for my rats that would be fine but please vet it with me first if you're not a rat holder already as their tastes are a bit esoteric as pets go.

Things I would not like

Clothing is a bit of an odd one for me so probably best avoided. Also an weede still means an jaile here.

I don't smoke and don't drink. Otherwise pretty much fair game. No allergies.

Misc

Since I am in the England I am willing to reimburse shipping costs for our international customers. I also don't mind if the package arrives late. Likewise I'm willing to ship internationally.

Fluffie, I will be emailing you from jaded.burnout.69@gmail.com

WindmillSlayer

dear santa,

please send elves to post in byob

sincerely,
windy

They Might Be

I will send everyone who posted in https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794029 stickers and coasters and maaaaaaaaaybe even a t-shirt from our brewery. I see like at least 10 people still posting that are just as pumped as i am that we still sell dad breakfast every day, and the recipe is pretty dang close still.

i don't want a present at all, just to donate stickers and poo poo to awesome byob friends.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hail satan,

i like to smoke mad weed and vape fat clouds. my interests include video art, musical grimacing and magic the gathering. i don't really enjoy video games alone anymore, maybe get one what we can play together? or A Night in The Woods, I hear that's a good un. i wear tshirt size 2XL, an especially cringey one about weed would be cool.

thanks in advance satan!

Jaded Burnout

TVsVeryOwn posted:

maybe get one what we can play together?

smart!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

and then I realized it would spoil satan's identity. dumb!

Manifisto

hello santa I hav signed up for the thing but not written my letter yet, so in order to avoid coal in my stocking here is a quick note!!! since you are santa you know I like all sorts of stuff, if you enjoy it I probably will too. offbeat/unusual/funny is cool, handmade is great if the mood strikes, something unique to your locality or your obscure hobby would likely be awesome. food and drink is welcome as are cooking and eating utensils/implements; I love coffee, alcohol is fine, it's hard to go wrong with good chocolate. not really in need of t-shirts. uh I have been on a parrot kick lately (I do not own one tho) so stuff with parrots is cool, although really any good animal will do. while I'm not a calligrapher I like calligraphic art, I have some of it hanging in my home, also stuff inspired by art nouveau, psychedelia, mandalas, etc. no cursed/eldritch items unless they're really cool. thanks santa, you're the best!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Placeholder post, can't write my full letter now sorry but that's byob for ya

e:
dear byob secret seitan,

just writing to say hello and i hope you're well ^_^

oh and i thought i'd give you a little information about me in case you felt like giving me a gift, no presh tho

i like gardening, outdoors things, cooking (tho i don't eat meat, for the most part), biking, roasting and drinking coffe , music like a lot of ambient and post-rock kinda stuff and also prog and psych rock, i like to read sometimes like kurt vonnegut and phillip k dick and george saunders are a few favs and i also enjoy interesting non fiction about history and ecology and science

i do not hugely like random nick nacks or decor type items, as i generally am more trying to get rid of "stuff" than i am trying to accumulate it, and also bc my waifu is pickier about decor than i am, and especially with a BABY coming we are already accumulating extra stuff, so useful things or consumable things are preferable to cute things to put on a shelf, that being said if you think you have a really wonderful idea i won't say no to anything

i wear a menz small t-shirt usually (sometimes med dep on the shirt maker) in case you need to know, i frankly don't smoek much weede but i do enjoy to drink the booze sometimes, NWS things are fine, no allergies to speak of

thank you byob secret seitan, i appreciate you, even if you are more secretive than the seitan i'm used to

-alnilam

alnilam fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 28, 2018

Papa Was A Video Toaster

alnilam posted:

Placeholder post, can't write my full letter now sorry but that's byob for ya

lol, nice

vanisher

LAST MINUTE ENTRY

greetings Satan I hope this email finds you well

Im a mens large and have lots of forum upgrades already. Steam monies is cool I suppose but just mail me a box of random trash instead. Keep it clean I have a 2yo who I dont want to have to explain a 2 foot dong or weed hat to. You can be silly with it mail me whatever you think is funny or cool.

Thanks secret Satan I will unwrap your gifts with flourish and document it extensively in the thread.

Your friend
Vanisher

alnilam

I'll allow it

ty manifisto

Jaded Burnout

allow the bird walk man, blud

vanisher

Oh god, the deadline was the 25th I'm sorry friends

MockingQuantum

hello secret stan, i was told to write to you, I did not stans dispensed gifts but you never know what lessons the universe will send you, hooray!

I am a men's xxl (we big up north), I like to play computerized video games, I like to cook, I am a compulsive collector of pocketknives, pens, and scotch for some reason, I would never, ever, ever, smoke the weede as it's illegal in my state but I also don't keep much in the way of weede-related symbological items or paraphernalia. I spend much of my free time writing (fiction or journaling) and appreciate the meditative nature of writing by hand, the rest of my free time I spend playing video games of all stripes (though RPGs are the best), making music or sound effects for theater and video games, or reading a whole lot. I like strange objects, ephemera, and esoterica. really I'm easily fascinated and perpetually amused by everything, so basically it's like buying a gift for an excitable dog

And I guess if you're feeling freaky, stan, then NWS is fine, as long as it's all inside the package. At least, I assume by NWS you mean "not safe for the stan chimney" which is both where you will be delivering your gift and where I work

thank you luvcow for the sig

alnilam

beep boop running magICK COMPUTer code to make santa santee match become existing :roboluv:

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

beep boop running magICK COMPUTer code to make santa santee match become existing :roboluv:

OH HECK

FluffieDuckie

:siren: IN TRUE BYOB FORM WE'VE SCREWED THINGS UP :siren:

IF YOU GOT AN EMAIL DON'T GO SHOPPING YET

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 1, 2018

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

:siren: OK I ONLY HAD TO CHANGE ONE SANTA. THE REST OF THE EMAILS ARE ON THEIR WAY :siren:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA

Jaded Burnout

uno santino

Jaded Burnout

I am going to gently caress my amazon recommendations allll the way up

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

ave satanas y'all

Jaded Burnout

OK 6 Amazon packages are winging their way to my santee over the coming weeks, with one more I need to put together and ship myself.

Jaded Burnout

ooh and I have just received a package. I won’t reveal it just yet but I am pleased

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

OK 6 Amazon packages are winging their way to my santee over the coming weeks, with one more I need to put together and ship myself.

Six???

Jaded Burnout

Apparently the things I wanted to send were from a bunch of different suppliers

vanisher

Jaded Burnout posted:

Apparently the things I wanted to send were from a bunch of different suppliers

I have also ordered things from different places and im saying a little prayer they arrive quickly

MockingQuantum

ahhh I'm so bad at gifts and still agonizing over what to give my satanee, how are you all so brisk in your gift-giving?!

Jaded Burnout

vanisher posted:

I have also ordered things from different places and im saying a little prayer they arrive quickly

Yeah the stuff I've ordered is gonna take weeks to trickle in

Jaded Burnout

MockingQuantum posted:

ahhh I'm so bad at gifts and still agonizing over what to give my satanee, how are you all so brisk in your gift-giving?!

it helps if you’re going for an aesthetic

Manifisto

Jaded Burnout posted:

it helps if you’re going for an aesthetic

so you're giving someone several copies of Macintosh Plus on cd? :confused:

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sealing up my big box of AOL 2.0 CDs to send to my secret Satan friend so they never run out of Internet minutes to spend with us

MockingQuantum

i once received a secret santa gift that was just a cigar box full (literally, to the brim) of mostly-used gift cards and phone cards. it turned out to be a pretty decent chunk of change, after the arduous task of consolidating so many cards

I promise to my sanatee that I probably won't definitely do that

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I posted my thing.

WindmillSlayer

I hope Santa shoots me in the loving head lol

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I got a thing!

Thanks Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat