Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

I hear a fecal matter transplant is the best form of inoculation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

Entorwellian posted:

Guillain-Barre is frightening. Every part of you pretty much becomes paralyzed, even your eyes and breathing, within hours. It's like MS on meth. However yeah the news here is doing a disservice since you're more likely to get it having the actual flu or a lung infection than a flu shot, and even then that is like a one in a few million that it will progress into GBS.

An acquaintance had the same result from a flu shot as the guy in the OP. Life support, nerve damage. Took him about a year to recover. If you recognize the symptoms early on they can administer drugs that shut down the immune response that's attacking your nervous system. But its so rare, that getting the proper intervention early enough doesn't happen often.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Evil Agita posted:

YOU SUCK! You a no talent piece of poo poo. GET OUT! How dare you come down here and do this. Im here 14 years, I've lived on this forum my whole life, you're a DISGRACE. YOU SUCK! Who the hell do you think you are? Who the hell do you think you are? You any kind of artist? Anybody know who you are?! Maybe everyone else wants to enjoy the peace and quiet. This is one of the most important places in all of North America, who are you? WHO ARE YOU?! You miserable, presumptuous NO TALENT. You're no artist. An artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity. You OBVIOUSLY dont have the talent, You dont have enough respect for yourself or other people OR what it is to express yourself; In creative posting or ANY other form of creativity. And i'm an NYU Film School graduate, SUCKA! And The School of Visual Arts, And The Academy of Art University San Fransisco. You SUCK. You're a NO talent. If you really had talent, go practice! And than get yourself a gig! Instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here. You DISGRACE!! You are everything thats gone wrong with this world. You're a self-consumed, no talent, mediocre piece of poo poo, and i've earned my right to say it. OKAY?! I had Two-Hundered-thousand people with Bill Graham, in 1975. I walked Bob Dylan up on stage, who the gently caress are you? I knew the Grateful Dead from 1966, who the gently caress ARE YOU!? You're nothing, You're nothing, You are nothing and you will never be anything. Never. How dare you? How dare you? You miserable mediocre nothing! Shame on you. You cracked stupid little emoji, you little PIMP. Go learn to play, Go learn to play, you're flat. You cant even carry a fuckin' note. I dont care about your little, like, horn lip. 'cause it doesn't mean you know how to play. you're flat! I'm trained CLASSICALLY, I'm trained contemporaneously, and you suck.

it's not as good without the delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E62iA6KCIQ

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
It's really a classic

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

bring back old gbs posted:

tfw god gives u a 6er

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I almost died of a marijuana overdose about this time last year
Tell us more

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 11, 2018

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is this what happened to Lowtax?

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

tiny boner

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:ck5:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol

But why are they monitoring his brain with all those wires? Seems like wasteful medical charges.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

I hope he recovers fully and manages to have a nice Christmas :unsmith:

It sucks to be sick for the holidays, I almost died of a marijuana overdose about this time last year and the thought of not getting another Christmas with my family was horrible. Thankfully the antibiotics did their thing. It was kinda fun to trip balls on a heavy dose of IV painkillers for the couple days I was in intensive care, but not enough to go through that poo poo again.

Almost died by what now

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I hope he recovers fully and manages to have a nice Christmas :unsmith:

It sucks to be sick for the holidays, I almost died of a marijuana overdose about this time last year and the thought of not getting another Christmas with my family was horrible. Thankfully the antibiotics did their thing. It was kinda fun to trip balls on a heavy dose of IV painkillers for the couple days I was in intensive care, but not enough to go through that poo poo again.

Intensive care for smoking up too much? I’m confused. Let’s here the story William!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

tfw god gives u a 6er

someone message lowtax on aim and ask for this to be done, or send a carrier pigeon remember to address as "rich"

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

No real story I fear, I just tossed that out being silly and on the off chance that some hyper-aggressive stoner would try to school me about the risks of marijuana addiction.

I was in the hospital for a night last year, but it was a little before thanksgiving and it was for loving SHINGLES which SUCKS. It was all around my eye and got infected almost immediately. They were worried the eye was gonna get wrecked so they wanted to keep me overnight so they could do regular inspections and vision tests. I came out fine but it was a lovely week. Shingles hurt, and fighting off the last of the infection resulted in back to back to back fevers.

I got shot up with dilaudid all night and got to chill with my wife watching TV so it wasn't all bad.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

No real story I fear, I just tossed that out being silly and on the off chance that some hyper-aggressive stoner would try to school me about the risks of marijuana addiction.

I was in the hospital for a night last year, but it was a little before thanksgiving and it was for loving SHINGLES which SUCKS. It was all around my eye and got infected almost immediately. They were worried the eye was gonna get wrecked so they wanted to keep me overnight so they could do regular inspections and vision tests. I came out fine but it was a lovely week. Shingles hurt, and fighting off the last of the infection resulted in back to back to back fevers.

I got shot up with dilaudid all night and got to chill with my wife watching TV so it wasn't all bad.

Well thank god you didn’t die of being high. We’re just joking, but yea shingles suck. How old were you? My brother got it too. He doesn’t post on gbs so this is a clinical study.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Squashing Machine posted:

I've made myself immune to GBS by exposing myself to small doses of it for 13 years, like that guy what done in the princess bride

you know that guy was really lucky the dude he was up against just so happened to prefer that particular poison for his wagers of death

also condolences about the robot man or whatever

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Take a :krust: a day and soon you'll be able to

with no fear

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*like an old addict* grill...the meats

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Well thank god you didn’t die of being high. We’re just joking, but yea shingles suck. How old were you? My brother got it too. He doesn’t post on gbs so this is a clinical study.

I was 38. It came as a total surprise. Started out as a sore spot on my eyebrow that I thought was just an ingrown hair or a pimple or something, but within a day it was obviously much worse. It ended up kinda curving around the eye and going down the bridge of my nose. It hurt, and I say that as somebody who handles pain pretty well. I've got some scarring from it too, but at least I didn't end up blind in one eye.

Take shingles seriously goon friends, and watch out for secondary infection, it's a bitch.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if i ever found out i had shingles i'd hit the roof

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I managed to avoid chicken pox my entire life up until I visited Japan at 24. Pretty sure I got it from being within the proximity of some degenerate with shingles playing pachinko. I spent a lot of time playing pachinko because I'm also a degen, but I won like 700 usd in all. Way better odds than vegas slots, thats for sure

But yeah having chicken pox at 24 in a foreign country sucks dick and apparently odds of getting childhood illnesses are also better than vegas

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Make it point at something with the left arm ffs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

with no fear

:hai:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was going to get my flu shot tomorrow. I probably still should, getting paralyzed means my trainwreck of a life won't be my fault anymore.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
that hospital gown that they have him in is kinda ridiculous looking. i thought he was wearing a hawaiian shirt!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
He probably brought it from home

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

He's probably gonna get a big payout, lucky

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Hell Yeah posted:

please goldmine this so i can find it any time i need to repost the tweet when someone does something very gbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

with no fear