Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Captain Rufus posted:

I'm a dealer this is true. What's sad is when some of them lose and are like BUT ITS CHRISTMAS. :v
And then I usually go "Then how come I am working?" It shuts them up usually.

Nice

Deal me in, I wanna go bust, my Christmas needs more tragedy before I can blog about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I had to work an emergency one Christmas eve - tree split in half waiting to fall on somebody's house. When I finally got done at like 7pm the only thing open was liquor stores and walgreens. Waited for Santa to come all by myself, with a bottle of brandy and some frozen pizza.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

drat, how hard would it be to just text back "off today hmu tomorrow"

"Nigga; I'ma run it. But after I holla at my boy. Gotta re-up."

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
*gets violently mad when someone says happy holidays instead of merry christmas*

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Time for my favorite Christmas waitressing story. I'm running the lounge Christmas night, its a lounge and restaurant in a huge hotel so we are open with a skeleton pissed off crew.

Its dead af, I have maybe a score of traveling businessmen customers total and finally the restaurant closes. The menu is available in the lounge though.

Approx 45 min before closing (the restaurant version of 2 days before retirement) a huge group of people come in. Its a family, pretty white trash looking which is unusual for our clientele. Turns out they had been looking for a place to have dinner but everwhere was closed NO poo poo REALLY 🙄

Then they had remembered us, we had been in business almost 20 years and were a destination spot for Holiday brunches so they thought we might be open. Yup but barely. There's 14 of them and they all want menus.

After I shove 4 tables together I go tell the night cook.
He's a super quiet mellow guy so his reaction shocked me. I see he's like halfway done breaking down the line and he immediately starts throwing poo poo. He is slamming metal tins of prepped food back onto his work counter and its sloshing out while he curses.

I tell him I'm sorry and leave. Half of them were old and the oldest looked 100 and had one of those portable oxygen tanks on a little dolly next to him. I'm alone so my businessmen go thirsty while I set the tables and get their drinks. I tell them the blender is broken in advance
(Lol, its not oc)

Even I knew their orders were going to turbofuck the kitchen---there is only the one cook and the fat sex offender dishwasher on duty. Rather than $20 dinners most orders were Club sandwiches, or Grilled Reuben, Fettuccini Alfredo, or Chicken Stir Fry.

This post is now almost as long as their wait..

They started complaining after about half an hour. I kept checking the kitchen and the cook has a huge row of garnished plates on the line and he's cooking, I see pans working but ? thats it.
The rapist dishwasher is with him on the line, head down, scrambling around looking scared.

Chef doesn't even bother to answer when I ask if I can help so I put another round of rolls on the tables and start avoiding them. After an hour maybe half the plates are on the rail under the heatlamps and I'm making GBS threads because the family are fully pissed and competing to see who can make the most cutting remarks.

ITS CHRISTMAS
WHERE'S OUR FOOD
DO YOU WANT ME TO GO BACK AND COOK
but the best ones were def

GRAMPAS OXYGEN TANK IS RUNNING LOW JESUS CHRIST

Its a bad scene and a few drunk guys at the bar are yelling back at the table when they yell at me; I just keep apologizing. They ended up leaving without eating, after almost an hour and half ---- insisting that they had to, HE COULD DIE WHEN THE TANK RUNS DRY---screaming that we had ruined their Christmas

True

They yelled about talking to the manager first of course and poo poo when I told them I was the Hotel Manager on duty. One of them went to the Front Desk, assuming I was lying but I wasn't so he screamed at the Front Desk clerk for a while.

After they left I had to go tell the Chef who first tells me I can start taking food out. Great. When I tell him they had left he took his apron and hat off and walked out, leaving the line a total wreck. Sex offender dishwasher asks what he should do. I tell him to make sure everything is shut off and I dunno, take as much as you can home.

They did call the owner, I heard about it later, but nothing ever came of it.

Merry Christmas 🤗

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

spinderella posted:

the fat sex offender dishwasher on duty.
The rapist dishwasher

:stonk:

Sounds lovely.

Merry Christmas Spin!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the turkish shop's always open on christmas and stacked to the rafters with eastern delights :smug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

obligatory

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
*leaves a quarter for the cashier*

*winks, and says MERRY CHRISTMAS!*

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

*leaves one of those :10bux: that unfolds and it's actually a prayer as a tip*

*winks, and says MERRY CHRISTMAS!*

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Wow this Jimmy John's sure was freaky fast !!!

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Working on an ambulance on Christmas sucks. There's always 911 calls from people who want their 80 year old mother taken to the emergency room because she "looks worse", and it's totally not because they haven't seen her in over a year.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doppelganger posted:

Working on an ambulance on Christmas sucks. There's always 911 calls from people who want their 80 year old mother taken to the emergency room because she "looks worse", and it's totally not because they haven't seen her in over a year.

If you get any funny stories this year please share in the thread. Looking forward to a story about a drunk uncle breaking a beer bottle and threatening an 8 year old.

e: For an ambulance I guess he'd have to have hurt the 8 year old :ohdear: don't post about that, I dunno he stabs his wife that he hates then threatens the 8 year old. Wife lives thanks to you though, happy endings this year!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my God I can't believe they make you guys work today. They should let you spend time with your family. Yes I would like to spend a dollar on that charity.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Doppelganger posted:

Arent they likely sick because of higher stress and being around family/grandchildren who are more pestilent than plague rats?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
"Merry Christmas, retail peon :smugdon:"

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

*slams a case of Natty Daddy on the convenience store counter and asks for two packs of Marlboro Reds*

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
*comes into Ace Hardware and just browses the drills for about five minutes*

*leaves without buying anything*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"3 for Spiderverse, please."

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
*buys condoms; looks cashier in the eyes the entire transaction*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*Buys condoms and a large candle*

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Captain Rufus posted:

When I am planetary overlord anyone going out to do anything on Christmas will be sent to work in the Slave Mines.

mods?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

*comes into Ace Hardware and just browses the drills for about five minutes*

*leaves without buying anything*
This, but as they are trying to close

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Hey what time do you close tonight

Hey. Hey, what time do you guys close, hey. Hey

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

*slams the locked door to the liquor store repeatedly at 8pm on Christmas Eve *

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Cause uh. I'm. Gonna come back later. So what time are you gonna close, so I can come back. Later. Before then

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
What kind of machine would you recommend to a man who absolutely needs to shave his balls on christmas eve?

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
We should have a system like jury duty for everyone to have to work the register at Walgreens on Christmas at least once.

No disqualifications, if you don't show up on time and be friendly the whole time, your rear end is going to jail for contempt. No fines, that gives rich people an out. Hard loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Agreed but it should also apply to all manners of relatively unskilled public services.