Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

As a charter member of the Knack Pack I must register my disappointment. I hope this will be rectified in the future

(congrats on the move)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

More like Action 51

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GAME: Resident Evil II Remake
TIME PLAYED: 20 hours out of 20 hours.
RATING: That guy's a maniac! Why'd he bite me?
QUICK THOUGHT: GOTY 2019.
COMPLETED?: Claire A Scenario, 75% Leon B Scenario.

LONGER THOUGHTS INCLUDING SPOILERS:
Good grief! OK. Firstly, many apologies for the delay. This was unintentional and entirely my own fault at forgetting to reup my PS Plus licenses on my PS4. As such Knack and Hatsune have been bumped back to Week 7. I will play them and I will experience them! I will make sure 52 games are played this year!!

Anyway Resident Evil 2 Remake is hands down the best Resident Evil game ever made and is going to be my GOTY 2019 barring some miracle. It is wild just how great and good this game is and I have nothing but awe, admiration and respect for all those developers who worked on it. This is going to be a huge gush but I think it totally deserves it.

Before playing this, my favourite Resident Evil was the second. The clever use of two different branching paths telling the full story was something I had never seen before. Same with the level of motion capture in the CGI (I used to be absolutely blown away by how real the car and fluid movements of Leon and Claire in the opening and dare I say, it still looks decent in this modern age.)

Resident Evil 2 Remake is the Tomb Raider Anniversary of remakes. (As with that, my favourite Tomb Raider was the first, then Anniversary snatched that mantle by being.) and this is everything I could have wanted for a re-imagining.

Both of them take the great story line of the original and the feel and atmosphere and upgrade it. The love shown to the source material is so apparent as this is not a quick port of an original made to run on newer hardware but the creation of a tribute that holds the original close to its heart.

The game feels so familiar to me, yet is completely different.

The setting is undoubtedly the same, but making your way through it means you need to discard all those vivid memories of the original.

I chose to use the original soundtrack (I love the theme that plays in the save rooms and the main hall of RPD) and this heightened my discomfort in a good way. I am uneasy due to the sheer level of familiarity with the subject but that it is unfolding in a different fashion makes me confused and more likely to make mistakes.

I really do appreciate that and think the game is stronger for it. I wish it could have been granted to all people who own the game, not just DLC.

The engine is stunning. Hands down nothing is lost from moving away from the tank controls of the original. Controlling Claire and Leon feels good and very tight. If I mess up with aiming and shooting then it is always my fault and not the game.

The way it deals with light sources and weather ups the creep factor. In fact, the first time walking down a corridor with the windows blown open, the wind and rain coming in through and my tiny flashlight illuminating patches of the walls and floors was immersive in so many ways.

It did not help that shortly after, Mr X. stuck his head through a door and started to chase me which caused a rather loud shriek followed by me turning and running into a bench.

Sounds design is also top notch. The ambient patter, the footsteps of all characters, the moans of the zombies, the echoing of Mr. X stomping all around the RPD. Everything has detail and care put into it and the whole of it enhances the feeling of the game.

There were many times I had to put the controller down for just a moment as I was getting scared to continue. I love that about it. Any game that makes me feel the extreme emotions (love, fear, sadness, joy, etc...) gets bonus marks. I love to be scared in video games and Resident Evil 2 Remake did this.

I played for 20 hours (in the week that I could when not moving all my stuff around) and I was so into it that I managed to get nearly 3/4 through a full A and B scenario run. It never felt unfair and all the puzzles were as mind bending as I like. Getting through some of them gave my little eureka moments and I always prefer to figure things out without help. That I was able to do the first scenario completely alone gave me a real confidence boost.

This is a slick and stylish game with amazing visuals, wonderful sound, killer story and fantastic controls and I urge anyone who likes action based horror games that has not experienced the original to come and see what all the fuss is about.

Some Random Thoughts Because I Have So Many:
- The lab with Plant 43 was excellent, and walking into that observatory to see the scientist pinned against the glass was so cinematic.
- Even though the previous bad acting is gone, the replaced stuff is wonderful. Irons is so creepy and the section with him and Sherry was tense and well done.
- Claire feels as badass as Leon did in the original. They absolutely beefed up her agency and character and she is now as cool as Jill Valentine!
- That scene in the jail with Leon and Ben had me wincing. This engine allows for some brutal animations.
- All cut-scenes are ace. That moment you first find a licker victim gives me the willies!
- There had better be a remake of Nemesis. That is my second favourite and could easily use the same engine/locale in much the way the original did.
- Those g embryos are one of the grossest things I have seen in video games (along with the newer juicy Birkin) and walking through the sewers was a constant battle with my own fear.
- Mr. X was more annoying in scenario B because I just wanted to get on with things and he kept crashing my party! Still kept me on my toes and would scare me way more than scenario A.
- Please remake Nemesis!

WEEK 4,5,6 SUCCESSES: Finished an A scenario, most of a B scenario and hunger for more! Will have to come back to this because goodness it is incredible!

WEEK 7:
&
I owe it to both of them!

WEEK 8 TEASER:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're so close to the end, why not just finish the game before moving on? I think that would be better than leaving it to languish for the rest of the year so you can play goddamn Knack.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Leaving a trail of unfinished games that you still liked seems like a real weird way to handle a backlog. If you like a thing just enjoy it to the fullest imo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I understand what you are saying but one of my problems is liking a game and sitting on it thinking about playing more than doing so. Giving myself a deadline is great because I know I have this amount of time to play and not get distracted.

Think of it as a different kind of games review system - I have my Sunday evening/Monday morning deadline to write up each game regardless of how far I have come. I know it seems weird, but it is working for me to make me get off my butt and play things. I am hoping that by doing this more and more I get a good routine and can start finishing games again. Besides, if I DO finish a game in a week (now possible due to more time) then I will go back to one of the ones I really liked from this year :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The 2-3 hours it'll take to finish RE2 I guarantee you will be a better use of your time than playing Knack.

Using the deadline to move on from games that you don't absolutely love would be a better way to handle this project, and that clearly doesn't apply here.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello friends. I have been very unwell this last week. It has thrown everything out of whack, annoyingly. As such I am slightly changing the way I do this.

No longer is it 52 games, 52 weeks, but 52 games as long as it takes, with posts about how it is going! I was not expecting the move to be followed so soon by getting ill and it wrecking my plans. It is nearly four weeks of mess in the gaming plans and has pretty much removed a whole month from the plan.

As such I am changing it up. I had 52 games to play and I will. Instead I am going to play them and stick to one until I complete it or am satisfied that I have gotten enough from it that I can. Also I am going to share the games here in advance so you know what to expect!

So firstly let us get back to Knack, Hatsune Miku and the other game I played while I was poorly.

GAME: Knack
QUICK RATING: The Blox to Crash Bandicoot's Lego
QUICK THOUGHT: Unremarkable.
GAME %: Stopped at level 4-3.

LONGER THOUGHTS:
The PS4 thread likes to joke about Knack and goodness knows I have changed the thread title to include some of them over ten times since I have been reading it but I had never actually experienced it other than the occasional screenshot or paragraph from CharlieFoxTrot or from when I went looking for images to make the Knack Pack gang tag.

My life was Knackless and Knacky free.

So I sat down with Lady VG and I gave it a go and I have to same I am warmly indifferent. There is nothing bad about Knack at all. However there is nothing outstanding. When I think of average games, I think Knack is there. It is fine to control, has a decent art style, serviceable dialogue performed perfunctorily and a regular video game story.

It managed to hold my attention for a few hours and I stopped at the beginning of chapter 4-4. I looked it up after the fact and found out the game has 13 chapters in total, but I felt as though I got my fill from what I played.

It is strange for a game to be so average to me with nothing standing out on either end. The worst I could say was that it got quite bizarrely difficult in certain situations but dying never felt like being penalised as the section you are on just restarts.

I might not fully understand Knack, but I can say I now know Knack.

--

GAME: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Tone
QUICK RATING: Weekender Tapper
QUICK THOUGHT: Beat slapping my memories of Parappa the Rapper.
GAME %: Easy to a good degree on both songs.

LONGER THOUGHTS:
I forgot just how bad I am at these kinds of games. When I say bad, I mean I press the wrong button once and my whole composure comes crashing down like a house of marbles.

I have tried similar games such as Parapper the Rapper, OSU and the Yakuza karaoke/disco mini games but I just flail in a blind panic when more than two notes appear at the same time.

I am not sure what it is about timing of button pushes but it persists through to quick time events as well. My mind freezes up when I have to push a certain button at a certain time and more often than not I will slip up.

Having said that I did not need to force myself to play this. I enjoyed the two demo songs and thought they were quite catchy tunes (Weekender Girl more so). The game is a good looking one in terms of how clear it is to follow but I feel like it would be more fun at an arcade than using a DS4. I always thought people playing DDR on their PCs were losing out a little of the magic of the foot pads.

I did not spend oodles on time on this, but I did spend enough to get a semi decent score on the two demo tracks. It took a ton of replaying them but I never got to the point where I thought I would have the skill to go further than easy. This style of game, while fun, is just a little too beyond me.

--

COMPLETED: Yes! Claire A/Leon B with B Rankings for both.

MORE THOUGHTS:
I had originally been down to play Heat Signature this week but due to my illness I could not bring myself to sit at my PC. I spent the majority of the time on the couch and I had a longing to finish the Leon B scenario.

The only reason I had been putting it off was having to run around Mr X constantly while trying to get to the bookshelf. At that point in RPD I was not scared of him, he was just a nuisance. I am glad I continued because he most definitely became scary again!

It was a real treat to see the true ending of the game and finishing it is what lead me to change the nature of this year. (It also means I am going to go back and finish Vanquish and 2064 ReadOnlyMemories, but not quite yet.)

Resident Evil 2 is a masterpiece and a game I am glad to own. The free DLC that just came out is a great little bit of side content and really does surprise me that it is free. Could Capcom be making a comeback of sorts? Time will tell!

I am going to split this post in two with the next one being the list of Games I am playing and the current one I have started with initial thoughts. Thank you for those who followed and I hope you continue to do so!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Amazing Game List:

This is not in play order, this is the list I went through and collated prior to the start of the event. I just put the first games I played as the opening entries.

01. Vanquish (PS3 - returning to).
02. 2064 ReadOnlyMemories (PS4 - returning to).
03. Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4 Completed!)
04. Recursion Deluxe (PC - got my fill).
05. Knack (PS4 - got my fill).
06. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (PS4 - got my fill).
07. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
08. Spacechem (PC)
09. Monkey Island 2 (PC)
10. Nioh (PS4)
11. Darkest Dungeon (PC)
12. Alpha Protocol (PC)
13. Heat Signature (PC)
14. Outlast (PS4)
15. Infamous Second Sun (PS4)
16. Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
17. Weckfest (PC)
18. Cyber City 2157 (PC)
19. Cloudbuilt (PC)
20. Transistor (PS4)
21. Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4)
22. Legend of Korra (PS4)
23. Hitman (PS4)
24. LISA (PC)
25. Kerbal Space Program (PC)
26. Art of Murder - FBI Confidential (PC)
27. SOMA (PS4)
28. Oxenfree (PS4)
29. Road Redemption (PC)
30. Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
31. Prey (PC)
32. Until Dawn (PS4)
33. Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)
34. Rebel Galaxy (PS4)
35. Streets of Rogue (PC)
36. MGSV (PS4)
37. Black the Fall (PC)
38. The Sexy Brutale (PC)
39. Ys (PS4)
40. Wipeot Omega (PS4)
41. Onrush (PS4)
42. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
43. Soma (PS4)
44. Necropolis (PS4)
45. Starcraft II (PC)
46. Riven (PC)
47. Skyrim VR (PS4)
48. Mount and Blade Warband (PS4)
49. Driver San Francisco (PC)
50. Sleeping Dogs (PS4)
51. Escape Goat 2 (PC)
52. Kentucky Route Zero (PC)

As you can see I have a mix of all kinds of things! These are all games I have had an inkling to play at some point but never gotten round to and I would like to scratch them off my lists. Some look short and sweet and some (like the current one) are going to take me ages, but with the change up in how this goes I will make it my mission to play these games and give them a fair shake! :)

--

CURRENT GAME: Witcher 3.

Now this I have played four or so hours before back in august of 2017. I think something else got in the way because I just stopped. I did like what I was doing and have been thinking about returning ever since and now that I am in a place where I can focus on the gaming aspect I have the time and the environment to dedicate to it.

So I am going to complete the Witcher 3 and both expansions. It took me 75 hours to do 56% of Horizon Zero Dawn and I see most people saying the Witcher 3 takes roughly 150 hours. I have a feeling I might be doubling this and then some if it goes the way of other games!

So far I am in White Orchard and I am playing my Geralt as a gruff but fair sort of dude. I have no idea how I am supposed to be with him, but my first choice of not asking for payment at the guy being attacked by a Griffin allowed me to be given free food at an inn!

I shall see where this goes from here on in!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack 2 is when it really gets good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
There's a lot that impresses me about the Project Diva games, I love them, but the #1 thing is how while there's no set place where notes should be, no "lane" like in Guitar Hero or DDR or most other games like it, the notes can appear anywhere on screen and are placed by the authors, and yet it is nearly always very easy to follow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good choice VG.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Hello friends. I have been very unwell this last week. It has thrown everything into KNACK

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I am utterly ashamed I missed this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I respect your opinion on Knack, it is eminently fair. But also

Real hurthling! posted:

Knack 2 is when it really gets good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congrats on the rest of this thread being The Witcher 3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XX3-2_uDw

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I promise to make sure I go through all the games and not get bogged down just with Geralt!

I have high desires to play all those games on my list :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wait how did you get legend of korra? i thought it was pulled when the license expired

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been playing The Witcher 3 finally as well... it's so drat good

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Is this continuing in another thread?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack killed bideo james

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good heavens!

It has been a while! However, some bad news. I did not finish Witcher, in fact, I did not get round to Witcher as something else took over. I have completed 3 other games and am midway through two completely different games so far! So let us get into it and a quadruple post from me! :D

GAME: Prey
QUICK RATING: System Shock III out of III
QUICK THOUGHT: Holy moly I love being scared in space
GAME %: Completed!
LONGER THOUGHTS:

Prey is System Shock III. It is quite literally the kind of space RPG that my mind always invents when I think of the wonderful times I had playing System Shock II and wondered about how a sequel to that would play out.

I am amazed at the level of detail, the level of story and the level of engagement that Prey contains. It has been a long, long time since a game has scared me so thoroughly while not letting me pull myself away from it.

Often when I am scared in games I will quickly quit and need to relax for a moment. I can think of a few moments in games where this happens and it is usually the same thing causing it: small creatures that run around like spiders and jump for your face.

Playing the Half Life games is an exercise in hearing me shriek and there will never be a day when I can calmly deal with head crabs. I panic and flail trying to counter them and it ends up causing me more distress. The same exact events happen in Prey and the lovely little mimics. It does not help me that they resemble the poisonous head crabs of half life 2, it does not help that they zip around and are something else in the room ready to jump it and it does not help that they manage to scare me every time.

I love it. I absolutely adore having emotional reactions to things! Fear, sadness, love, joy, all of these things came about through my play through of Prey.

I was so engaged with the story and what was happening, but not just the main quest, but all the little things involving the other members of the crew. I searched for people just so I could say they were at rest. I looked for secrets around the place and discovered so much about the lives of those living on the station. I got sad at the romances cut down by the alien life forms, and I made sure to be as good as possible. I got quite a few achievements that I do not think I would have if I had been playing like I normally do in videogames.

Prey sucked me in and I played for 29 hours over 3 days. This does not happen to me often and the last time I was so engaged was during Horizon Zero Dawn and Yakuza 0.

It took me by surprise in multiple places and one thing that cannot be overstated is that if you think you can do it in game, then there is a 95% chance you can. I wanted to see if I could use one of my weapons to get to a place and avoid an area and it easily let me. This opened my mind to trying out so many other things that would otherwise not have crossed my imagination and gave me so much more interactivity.

If you enjoy FPS games with RPG tangents in a sci-fi setting full of creepy enemies and a gorgeously detailed space station, then please play Prey. It is amazing.

It is one of the best games I have ever played and will be jamming itself into my top 10 of all time.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:
- Really impressed how the levels felt like a place people would actually live in. It was not gamefied like a lot of places such as Bioshock. You would walk round these gorgeous looking places in Rapture but you could not really imagine there being a society living there. Prey was the opposite. Locales and details had meaning in the world it was set.

- One of the quests had me bummed out because I had gotten invested into the characters so much. I cannot stress how well I thought the fleshing out of the crew was.

- I barely had any typhon powers except for the one that allowed me to rescue humans under mind control and object mimicry. I did not realise there was an achievement for saving all humans and not killing a single one until it popped up. I cannot imagine doing a run the other way!

- Whatever they make next I am so onboard!

- The music was phenomenal and I have not stopped listening to ‘Everything Will Be Alright’ since I made it my wake up alarm :D

- The first time I was attacked by a nightmare it absolutely chilled me to the bone, and somehow I was able to turn into a coffee cup and roll away before it found me again! Very panicky!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GAME: Spider-Man
QUICK RATING: Spectacular!
QUICK THOUGHT: The Superior Spider-Man Game!
GAME %: Completed
LONGER THOUGHTS:

Now this is a game I was loving and just stopped playing (this happened with the other completed game I will be bringing up afterwards) and much like the other one I could not tell you why. This game is a joy to play.

It is really rare that games based on super-heroes turn out well, there just seems to be something lost in between the comic pages and the page files.

Rocksteady’s Arkham series proved that it was possible to make a slick, inventive super-hero game that stays true to the roots of the character it is portraying.

Spider-Man does the exact same for me and I think I would even say that it is the best super-hero game I have played.

It is a lot like an Ubisoft open world game with mini missions, collectables, tasks and icons littering a wonderfully exaggerated recreation of New York but none of it is a chore and this is due to one specific thing that they 100% nailed down: the web slinging.

The web slinging in the game is unlike any kind of in game movement I have experienced before. (I know there is a spider-man game that was praised for the web slinging it had, but I have not played it before so have nothing to compare it to.). The web slinging in this is honed to perfection and while the city of New York is large and sprawling, zipping across it is never anything than fast and beautiful sky ballet! There were times I would often just swing around aimlessly because it was so much fun to get up to a max speed and dart between towers.

The absolute confidence in movement in this game lead the collectathons to be simple and I did the whole backpack tracking within my first couple of hours playing the game. I wish there had been more! The music swells as you move and is so pleasantly dynamic with the speed you are going that it almost makes you feel like spider-man.

The story packed a ton of things inside it, but not once did I feel overloaded. It also did some pretty special things with the regular menagerie of villains and I will be very intrigued to see where it goes.

What an Amazing Success! :D

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

- We have all seen the movies and read the comics or have cultural osmosis, but even still I did not want Doc Ock to turn. I rooted for him the whole way through and that reveal near the end where he told Peter he had always known he was Spider-man was genuinely moving.

- The voice of Doctor Octavius was William Saylers who also does Rigby from Regular Show. Often during his moments with Peter I would smile because I would be thinking of how Hamboning might save my life one day!

- Really loved the backpack grabbing, the photo ops and the little lab research mini games with the spectrum analysis and pipe dream like power rerouting.

- The literal comic book suit that you can unlock is absolutely incredible and I could not get over how well animated it was. I wish I had had it from the very start, also that I could apply a similar comic style to the villains. I would love a whole game in that art style!

- I still cannot believe insomniac studios went from Sunset Overdrive to this.

- I also really enjoyed Mary Jane having autonomy and doing her own thing. I thought the little diversions as her were a nice break from the pace.

- They really fleshed out all of the characters and those who did not get much screen time I hope get a lot more next time round! It is tough to juggle a ton of characters but they succeeded.

- I had never heard of Mr. Negative before and found him a bit lacking, but thank goodness we have Doc Ock to take over. The fight with the sinister six was fantastic and jumping after electro round the raft in the cartoon suit was perfect comic book action.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GAME: God of War
QUICK RATING: Boy! That was astounding!
QUICK THOUGHT: How to make me detest a fun marvel character in 30 easy hours.
GAME %: Completed
LONGER THOUGHTS:

I had never played the other God of War games, had no idea what they were about (other than third person brawlers) and I grabbed this game because I had been having real fun with the other playstation exclusives.

What I got is possibly one of the best looking games I have experienced with a healthy dose of fun combat brawling and edge of seat story telling. I had a similar experience with this that I had with Horizon Zero Dawn and Prey.

However it did not kick in till I picked it up again. Like Spider-Man I played a lot then stopped (I think it was around the time I moved house) and forgot to pick it up again! The perils of having a full 2TB PS4 and bad memory about what I have to play!

I am so glad I took it back up after Spider-Man and finished it off. The story had always been intriguing but it really started to ramp up and I got the point where I just had to know and understand all these questions I had!

From what I can gather it pulls a pretty accurate, but at the same time unique, twist on a lot of Norse mythology incorporating it into a telling of the stories of yore. I knew Kratos was Greek and that he had a beef with the Greek gods, so I am not sure how he is in the nine realms but it did not matter.

I was sucked in and wanted to absorb everything I could about the meticulous world I was playing in. It has an extremely simple goal and so much fun on the way there that I really appreciated it was not some world ending plot to stop armageddon, but a grounded tale of the exploration of father and son.

I was emotionally there despite not having any children myself. I wanted Kratos and Atreus to bond and to come to an understanding and I think the team behind the game truly succeeded in making an approachable myth of their own.

I was not expecting to complete 3 fantastic games in quick succession but it happened!

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

- I could sit in that boat and listen to the stories of old times forever and ever. The dialogue was fascinating and I just wanted to learn all that I could about the gods.

- Wow. Kudos for a game being able to make me dislike Thor and Odin as much as Ted Faro. I did not see that coming!

- The sound is so weighty and rich. The noise of the axe returning to your hand is a truly satisfying clunk, especially on a great sound system!

- Again, the visuals are amazing. Everything looks beautiful and had I owned an HDR compatible TV I am sure I would have been even more blown away.

- The ‘one take’ style is interesting and pretty nifty, it does mean 0 loading screens (or very cleverly hidden loading screens) so I can appreciate the technical aspects of it.

- The noise of the world serpent is up there in my favourite sounds list, along with the T-Rex roar from Jurassic Park, the War of the Worlds Tripod noise and this instrument sound that I have no idea what is called and can never explain properly.

- Baldur and Freya mirroring a more distorted version of Atreus and Kratos was something I liked a lot. It also made perfect sense that Freya would be angry with Kratos as you just know that Kratos would have allowed Atreus to do the same thing to him. He might have trouble showing it, but there is real love behind his actions/words that he does not quite know how to express.

- I love those dwarves!

- The story Kratos told about Atreus’ name was perfect and such a touching moment to capstone everything they had gone through. I cannot laud the emotional beats in the story enough.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VG, I'm glad that you're having great fun with your gaming time and playing some fantastic video games :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And finally:

Is what I am currently playing. I am on the 6th Colossus and this is my first time with it. So far I have nothing but praise. It has been interesting and staggeringly haunting! I am typing up thoughts in the PS4 thread while I am playing but currently, the whole thing is sitting uneasily with me! I do not get that these creatures are bad, and this happened after being hit by those strange black tendrils after killing the first colossus.

I shall see where this game takes me!

This is the other game that I am in the middle of. I have done a ton of the map and am currently stuck on the Dung Warrior guy. It is a really tough game, with oh so ethereal music! The controls are ace, the design is luscious, I am just not that good at it :)

I am going to try to finish it though!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Hah, you think these games are good? Prepare for several powerful posts in which I

I'm glad you're back at it VG!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Welcome back, Commander.

VideoGames posted:

- Whatever they make next I am so onboard!

Good news then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXv5IDp8y74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Welcome back, Commander.

Good news then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXv5IDp8y74

Oh my heavens I am SO SO down for this! What on earth? Please! Let me buy it now!