Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

This is a man about to eat his own teeth

Being a decaying corpse, that's the least of his problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

SlowBloke posted:

Being a decaying corpse, that's the least of his problems.

So you trust berlusconi to stay dead, is what you're saying

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

So you trust berlusconi to stay dead, is what you're saying

At this point the dead coming back to like would warrant nothing more than a shrug.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My friend said that Italian politicians are all pagliacci and to ignore them. Confirm/deny?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

My friend said that Italian politicians are all pagliacci and to ignore them. Confirm/deny?

Is there any current government where you won't have a net benefit by having the parliament and senate turned into craters with all the politicians inside? Genuine curiosity Absolute confirm

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I take you all know how much I love when public spending is done by idiots.

https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2023/07/13/news/leopard_2_esercito_italiano-407595957/

About 150 units for 6-8 bln €, which is perfectly fine given the average unit price shown until now plus technology transfer to iveco-oto.

What isn't fine is this comes a few weeks after green lighting a massive refurb/refit/redesign of the ariete which will cover 125 vehicles for 1 bln €, splitting the limited budgets into keeping two vehicle spares stockpile active instead of just throwing the arietes in the sea or something and buying new modern units.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Has there been any kind of government or judicial response to the palpata breve scandal?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Has there been any kind of government or judicial response to the palpata breve scandal?

None at all, there are janitors still working at schools while being barren from being close to children by judge order so i'm not holding my breath for this. The only hope for this is sadly externalization of cleaning/maintenance duties, the current duty roster is pretty dire and unlikely to get major refreshes for a long while.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tesseraction posted:

There will be a judicial one. According to everybody with an actual law degree I've heard from, it's all but guaranteed to get overturned in the 2nd degree, because there is a Court of Cassation ruling that almost exactly contradicts what the 1st-degree judge ruled (intent vs. action).

For the same reason, it's also unlikely to reach the 3rd degree after that, i.e. get heard by the Cassation.

That said, this is going to happen loooong after the foreign press has completely moved on.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well hopefully this thread will make I don't let it slip out of my mind. I had a feeling this is the kind of thing where a higher court would necessarily intervene, but wasn't sure how it works over there.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Well hopefully this thread will make I don't let it slip out of my mind. I had a feeling this is the kind of thing where a higher court would necessarily intervene, but wasn't sure how it works over there.

Being in the MIUR ecosystem I can assure nothing will be done about it. A janitor in a elementary school nearby is legally insane, requiring quarterly check ins to the local hospital and carabinieri station, and it's still considered fit for duty. Anything done at the employee level is going to be thrown out by unions and the TAR.

If something comes up at penal level, it will be a slap on the hand at best, since it would make an incredible precedent for other mano morta artists.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Almost forgot! Unless you have a very complex asset situation, don't waste cash going to a CAF or patronato, the premade 730 has any conventional expense paid by electronic transfer inside already. The modules are available since june and they are a click away to be delivered to the tax agency.

https://dichiarazioneprecompilata.agenziaentrate.gov.it/PrecomWeb/

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Is it just me or Schlein is the worst possible pick they could have gone for?

https://www.ilgiornale.it/news/politica/giravolta-arcobaleno-sulle-spese-militari-schlein-molla-kiev-2201486.html

There is a war currently going on, even if you are indirectly involved, you cannot possibly think about cutting defense spending.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

SlowBloke posted:

Is it just me or Schlein is the worst possible pick they could have gone for?

Perhaps they felt that, over the next few years, the competition on the center-left/neoliberal side (Renzi, Calenda, and whoever's going to pick up Berlusconi's gang) is going to be much stiffer than the competition on the left-populist side (lol Conte, lol red/greens). So they aim at merging with or straight-up devouring M5S.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

NihilCredo posted:

Perhaps they felt that, over the next few years, the competition on the center-left/neoliberal side (Renzi, Calenda, and whoever's going to pick up Berlusconi's gang) is going to be much stiffer than the competition on the left-populist side (lol Conte, lol red/greens). So they aim at merging with or straight-up devouring M5S.

Sure but they aren't getting new votes from the centre-right/right with these soft non-ideas, maybe some impressionable high schooler but not the average joe. I mean, i'm not changing my vote for her if this is what she is offering.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Don't see anything particularly controversial in there (nice source btw), or anything that conflicts with helping Ukraine at the moment? Also, I don't think it's a good idea to try to get votes from people who vote far right when there's already a huge amount of people that *do not* vote atm. They're the ones that have to be galvanized and convince to mobilize, and they're probably more interested in labor than the war in Ukraine and defense spending.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Don't see anything particularly controversial in there (nice source btw), or anything that conflicts with helping Ukraine at the moment? Also, I don't think it's a good idea to try to get votes from people who vote far right when there's already a huge amount of people that *do not* vote atm. They're the ones that have to be galvanized and convince to mobilize, and they're probably more interested in labor than the war in Ukraine and defense spending.

It's not the first time she went "We must use diplomacy in the Russia-Ukraine conflict at all costs, even losing territory" and she must have been told of not being a good idea to pull right now since she corrected afterwards in that interview. It's a classic faux pas of left parties, which they are deeply pro-Russia, sometimes more than lega.

There is a lot of "mercenary" centre right voters that could be swayed by sound proposals but as of this post, i've only heard milquetoast items from Schlein that means nothing and don't grab eyes.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Lol at still looking to grab the center right vote when you get 40% abstention and the leftmost poo poo in parliament is harder right than 80s democrazia cristiana.
Surely, surely this is the right proposal and the market is not wholly saturated. this time my terzo polo will flourish and not flounder! i say as my vote share shrinks below 7%

mortons stork fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 27, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
https://www.ilgiornale.it/news/governo/c-data-ecco-quando-verr-accesa-centrale-nucleare-2224460.html

Oh well, now it's a fight in-between Calenda and Salvini to grab my single issue vote.

Neither of those will do anything but it's still better than those green dipshits that are fine with coal as long as it's organic and free trade.

Edit: The 2023 Meloni fiscal law passed, there is a lot of noise about 3 kids families, but still not as silly as the 2018 "get a strip of farm land if you push out three kids now" law

Details here
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/channel/soleonline5/type/articolo/uuid/AFDvDMGB
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/channel/soleonline5/type/articolo/uuid/AFv9MKHB
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/channel/soleonline5/type/articolo/uuid/AFkCCWGB

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 17, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bit of a non-sequitur but I saw in an explanation of a Polish meme that 2137 is considered their memeiest number as John Paul II died at 21:37, but it also showed that Italy finds 104 their funniest number, and the best I can tell it's maybe something to do with a law passed in 1992. Is there something to this or is this some multi-layered goose chase?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Bit of a non-sequitur but I saw in an explanation of a Polish meme that 2137 is considered their memeiest number as John Paul II died at 21:37, but it also showed that Italy finds 104 their funniest number, and the best I can tell it's maybe something to do with a law passed in 1992. Is there something to this or is this some multi-layered goose chase?

104 is the identifier for the law that provides assistance and rights for handicapped individuals. It's a zoomer/tiktok thing, nobody older than 20 uses it to refer to somebody with mental deficiencies.

http://www.un.org/development/desa/...handicapped.pdf

If you find a kid using that number in real life as a slur, punch them and continue/repeat until their skull is ground meat.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 20, 2023

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
yeah 104 is shorthand for 'you benefit from law 104,' that would be you have a severe disability that impairs your day-to-day function to the point of needing outside help.

though in my experience the zoomers are actually better about ableism and it's my fellow millennials who just throw around the ableist jokes like they're a standup comedian fighting against the woke mob.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah in the US "you belong on the short bus" was a ubiquitous childhood thing

saw posts and figured we'd be talking about the sympathetic feminist prime minister today

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

i say swears online posted:

yeah in the US "you belong on the short bus" was a ubiquitous childhood thing

saw posts and figured we'd be talking about the sympathetic feminist prime minister today

The whole short bus thing always was confusing to me because I went to a parochial school that had bussing. We only had about 7-10 kids being picked up so the short bus was what we got. Didn't even realize it could be a slur until high school, basically.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thanks for the explanation! Definitely good to know to avoid ableist memes.

For content: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/19/silvio-berlusconi-heirs-weigh-up-fate-of-his-mostly-worthless-art-collection

€20mn on garbage art. Trump doesn't compare to the real deal.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

A lot of those painting sales are money laundering, everybody that thinks the "It was a fun quirk" motive is a sensible explanation is a rube.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Traditional family values is pestering a colleague to do a foursome.
Without your actual companion of course, five's a crowd.
I know that pointing at the private life of anyone is in bad taste but they're just flinging poo poo all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Good luck to goons under the Ciaran expected path. I have no recollection of any weather event with a similar doom and gloom reporting in advance. Trenitalia has operationally cut out my region, with Venice as the stopping point for all eastern lines.